PDA

View Full Version : Soo... funny story (iPod help)

dbgtz
13-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Basically I havn't used my ipod touch in a while and I tried accessing it but forgot the password. I do not have it linked to this itunes on my computer at the moment, I do not have the itunes it is linked to anymore and I have tried the manual password edit but there is no drive for the iPod and I have hidden files visible but it does not show. What the hell do I do?

RyRy
13-08-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm confused are you trying to access the actual hidden files on it or are you just trying to open up the iPod touch??? Like what are you trying to grab? :S

dbgtz
14-08-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm confused are you trying to access the actual hidden files on it or are you just trying to open up the iPod touch??? Like what are you trying to grab? :S

Sorry, I'm trying to just get into it as I have forgot my password. In regards to the hidden files, there is (or was) a way to access these and change the password through that.

RyRy
14-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Ah right. Gonna be honest, you may just be worth going the Apple Store, providing you registered it (if not may as well do!) & show some ID. they'll help you out.

Oleh
14-08-2011, 01:26 AM
1) Connect the iPod Touch
2) Press and hold sleep+home until the device reboots.
3) Keep holding until that "please connect me to iTunes"-screen appears
4) iTunes says something about having detected a touch in recovery mode.
5) Restore your iPod
6) Done!!

Casio
14-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Plug in your iPod.
Wait for it to load completely.
Open My Computer (or computer if on Vista). Make sure you can view hidden files.
Go to iPod_control.
Go to the folder named Device.
If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to_unlocked
Safely remove your iPod and it will be cleared.

Viola

dbgtz
15-08-2011, 01:05 AM
1) Connect the iPod Touch
2) Press and hold sleep+home until the device reboots.
3) Keep holding until that "please connect me to iTunes"-screen appears
4) iTunes says something about having detected a touch in recovery mode.
5) Restore your iPod
6) Done!!

Thanks a bunch.

Plug in your iPod.
Wait for it to load completely.
Open My Computer (or computer if on Vista). Make sure you can view hidden files.
Go to iPod_control.
Go to the folder named Device.
If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to_unlocked
Safely remove your iPod and it will be cleared.

Viola

I take it you didn't read the OP? I said this didn't work :P

Casio
15-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Sorry, was using the mobile version of the forum. Hope you have fixed it though :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!