PDA

View Full Version : Why is everything so worthless?

bootydrop
14-08-2011, 04:56 AM
I have just recently started playing Habbo again. The last time I logged on was 53 months ago!!! On my old account I used to be able to make an easy profit flipping furni. Now I cannot seem to find any way of doing this as people seem to not be willing to negotiate nor will they pay what you ask. I remember back when I played the HC sofa was a staple. Now it is worthless. I am basically asking anyone who has steadly played since then if they know what has happened. Specifically dealing with the HC sofa. I want to know what made its value go down so much.

Zeptis
14-08-2011, 05:33 AM
The introduction of the habbo coin ****** the habbo economy in the sense of the HC sofa, it became the new currency and the HC just became another worthless sofa. Ontop of the introduction of the coin, they put the marketplace into the catolage and that ruined the values of all the rares as the lowest prices get sold first and when people keep adding their furni into the marketplace, they always add 1c lower then the person before. I'm sure that those arent the only things ruining the habbo economy, but they are the major ones.

bootydrop
14-08-2011, 06:01 AM
That is too bad... I remember saving up all of my HC sofas, now it is all about the coins and especially gold bars. I still like the HC sofa though, my favorite furni due to its high regard back in the day. The marketplace... what can I say about that.... other than I hate it. When I first looked at it I was baffled. I see no point in Habbo taking a 1c commission when they have unlimited possibilities, just a way to add just the slightest amount of money to their pockets..

Jordan:A
15-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Yeah I blame the merge and the marketplace, not many people use Habbox as they go by the marketplace, which is pointless as they're most likely loosing out on 2c (1c for commission and 1c to exchange)
I blame the merge because loads of people, in 1 hotel, with loads of the same furni = they're going to sell it cheap.

I sold all my rares for HC's before we merged so i've lost out on alot - stuck with over 250HC sofas.

I've been making profit by seeing what popular such as banzai portals, buying them for like, 1c per and then being able to sell for 2c per, its just a little profit but it all adds up :)

karter
15-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Well erm, Merge should not be blamed for the downfall of the normal furni. The Rares however, yes fell down drastically after the merge.

Sulake's marketing strategy is to be blamed. They most often put Pets, Rares, New Furni in the catalouge and the players are tempted to buy all the stuff. The people, when out of credits sell their stuff much cheaper (as they need credits asap, and selling furni at higher rates takes time). Thus, every single furni has experienced a downfall in their prices.

And Marketplace, again should only be blamed for the downfall of prices of Rares and not other furni.. I sell most of my stuff on my marketplace, and believe me it really gives me a lot of profit and saves my time

Michael
15-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I also sell a lot of furni on marketplace, it does save time, and still gives you profit.

Showder
15-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Hmmm here's my 1 coin :)

Habbo has gone DOWN THE DRAIN lately and most furni values in the past which has been popular was dropped shockingly. Now , lodge furnis rule the marketplace aside coins.

Zak
15-08-2011, 09:00 PM
When I got my old account back I had 70 HCs just chilling, wish I'd had traded them for thrones (they were about 24HC at the time) still got 4 thrones out of the account though :p

bootydrop
15-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Habbo is in a recession.... I'm very curious if there is a way to bring the economy back up as in real life.

Shogunate
22-08-2011, 12:26 AM
How did you manage got get your acc if your last login was 53 months ago? I thought the merge process have closed.

MONEYMAGIC
22-08-2011, 05:59 PM
How did you manage got get your acc if your last login was 53 months ago? I thought the merge process have closed.

They live in the USA, so they were probably part of the .com hotel already before the merge therefore not needing to merge.

bootydrop
25-08-2011, 02:19 AM
They live in the USA, so they were probably part of the .com hotel already before the merge therefore not needing to merge.Correct

Showder
25-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Let me explain.
US + Europe + Asia , I don't know bout Aussie is in recession.
Might aswell add Habbo to the list :P

Bext
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
If Im honest I think that tradable coins have added to the worthless thing, they dissolved furni shops in the swap sense and its now harder to get bargains and profits.

I do love being able to get coins in trade but I think they started off some value falling...

Ajthedragon
08-09-2011, 07:18 AM
HC's are worthless because the currency switched to coins. Everything else is worthless because there is just so much of it!

All due the that bloody merge... what I'd give the have UK back! :(

Some rares have 5 hotels worth! (Black Smoke, etc)

Zeptis
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I dn't wanna un merge, then all of habbox would be re seperated in t 4 groups. Now that would suck

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!