PDA

View Full Version : WIRED: Moveable doors?

Michael
14-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Hey, does anyone know how to make those doors where you walk near them, and they open, then walk through and they close? and what wired is needed? Thanks!

j0rd
14-08-2011, 10:34 AM
The only way to open them would either be by walking on something, or saying a keyword.

WIRED Trigger: User Walks On Furni (select what furni will move the doors)
WIRED Effect: Move And Rotate Furni (this needs the door to be selected and whatever direction you want the door to move)

This may not be 100% correct so I would wait for someone else to confirm it!

Zak
14-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Wired stack one
user walks on : select a mat or something in front of the gate
match state and positions : select the gate itself (select the gate when it is in the open position and tick the furni state box) ~ this will open the gate

Wired Stack Two
user walks on : select the gate or a piece of furni after the gate (the furni you want it to trigger so it closes)
match state and positions : select the gate itself (select the gate when it is in the closed position and tick the furni state box) ~ this will close the gate

This is how I would do it

geo
14-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Wired stack one
user walks on : select a mat or something in front of the gate
match state and positions : select the gate itself (select the gate when it is in the open position and tick the furni state box) ~ this will open the gate

Wired Stack Two
user walks on : select the gate or a piece of furni after the gate (the furni you want it to trigger so it closes)
match state and positions : select the gate itself (select the gate when it is in the closed position and tick the furni state box) ~ this will close the gate

This is how I would do it

Thanks for this, always wondered how to do it! ;$

lukeyo
14-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh now i know how too :P Thanks!

KieKieKoala
14-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Cheaper option

Place a gate then infront of the gate a tile

on the stack of wired place 'user walks on furni' *select the tile infront of gate* , then ontop of that 'user walks off furni' *select the gate* and then finally 'toggle furni state' *select the gate*

all three of them on the one stack

Plebings
14-08-2011, 01:50 PM
even cheaper option:

place 2 tiles between a door like [Tile][Door][Tile]

Link both tiles with a walk on Furni trigger, than link the door to a Toggle Furni State effect

orientalframe?
14-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks for all of this! Now know how to do it myself. :P

Michael
14-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks people!

Zak
14-08-2011, 07:18 PM
I knew the cheaper option wud come into play :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!