PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives pledge answer to moral decay.. with holiday camps for all!

-:Undertaker:-
15-08-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026163/David-Cameron-UK-riots-speech-Non-military-national-service-16-ALL.html

Cameron pledges non-military 'national service' for ALL 16-year-olds and to overhaul human rights laws which have had a 'chilling effect' on society

Cameron wants to abolish 'twisted' human rights laws to set up 'British Bill of Rights'
Rioters could lose their benefits, says Iain Duncan Smith
National Citizen Scheme offers teenagers chance to abseil and canoe

War declared on gangs who have made people's lives 'hell'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/15/article-2026163-0D708DC800000578-142_634x471.jpg

David Cameron today vowed to make all 16-year-olds enlist in a non-military national service programme in a bid to solve the 'very modern problem of alienated, angry young people.' In his social fightback speech the Prime Minister announced he wanted to roll out the National Citizen Service scheme - currently undertaken by just a few thousand volunteers a year - as part of the government's effort to 'reclaim the country's streets'.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/15/article-2026163-0D6CD6BC00000578-938_634x488.jpg

He also pledged to tackle human rights laws which have been so 'twisted and misrepresented' that they have had a 'chilling effect' on society by creating a 'British Bill of Rights'. Fighting talk also came from Iain Duncan Smith today, as he said rioters cold lose their benefits even if they were not jailed. Following Cameron's announcement Ed Miliband accused the Premier of resorting to 'knee-jerk' responses.

In what was billed as a 'fightback' speech after the turmoil, the Prime Minister said that, while there were local triggers, most of the disturbances had been down to 'criminality' and 'indifference to right and wrong'. He said gangs had been allowed to spiral out of control: 'It is a major criminal disease that has infected streets and estates across our country. 'Social problems that have been festering for decades have exploded in our face.' Mr Cameron said his national service programme - currently being undertaken by just several thousand youngsters a year - would be compulsory for every 16-year-old and would capture the essence of national service.

But his grand plan is not a new measure - he outlined the citizen service when he was elected last year. His scheme is currently a three-week programme run during the summer holidays that gives teenagers the opportunity to 'design their own project' for the community.
1) we already have a Bill of Rights, one which has been trashed by successive governments and the European Union.

2) we can't abolish ridiculous human rights laws because we're a member of the EU and EU insitutions such as the ECHR.

3) the problem with these people is a range of factors, mainly that they have not been met with punishment from early on in their lives (punishment at school, punishment at the hands of the law)

4) why should the taxpayer be forced to pay for the children of others to have a laugh and a giggle about in da youff campz?

5) I must ask, is there anyone who still doesn't believe me when I say we do not have a conservative government?

Thoughts?

dbgtz
15-08-2011, 02:20 PM
In what was billed as a 'fightback' speech after the turmoil, the Prime Minister said that, while there were local triggers, most of the disturbances had been down to 'criminality' and 'indifference to right and wrong'. He said gangs had been allowed to spiral out of control: 'It is a major criminal disease that has infected streets and estates across our country. 'Social problems that have been festering for decades have exploded in our face.' Mr Cameron said his national service programme - currently being undertaken by just several thousand youngsters a year - would be compulsory for every 16-year-old and would capture the essence of national service.

But his grand plan is not a new measure - he outlined the citizen service when he was elected last year. His scheme is currently a three-week programme run during the summer holidays that gives teenagers the opportunity to 'design their own project' for the community.

I'm 16, I didn't riot, I do not damage the environment, I do not bully other people, I do nothing wrong. Why should I have to attend this? I mean I know I won't be 16 by the time this ever happens (if it does) but my god this isn't the way to go. He makes it seem as if every teen has a problem and he lives in the fantasy world that every teen would actually attend this. If people can get out of school as easily as they can (from my experience), then no way would they attend some crappy little scheme. It's quite simple, crime and punishment. It should be those who have commited the crime who should do things like this, except not designing their own project as such, instead cleaning up litter, cleaning any mess they have made and any mess which they didn't but was already there (graffiti basically). He is living in a dream world and the aims are not realistic at all. Punishment is just far too lenient in this country, and until someone notices that we are screwed.

-:Undertaker:-
15-08-2011, 02:24 PM
In the United Kingdom, bad children and adults are rewarded - I remember in school none of the good kids got to go on any trips and the bad kids all got to go on a scheme (bowling or skating) free of charge (aka my parents and others were paying for it).

Chippiewill
15-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Repercussions not extra benefits please.

Force it on the bad and give tax breaks for those who behave.

Kaytti
15-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Bring back the cane. With nails in.

Technologic
15-08-2011, 10:40 PM
I could just about watch this speech until he started ranting on about fathers. Cameron's completely lost touch imo

Jordy
15-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I could just about watch this speech until he started ranting on about fathers. Cameron's completely lost touch imoNot really, the whole "Broken Britain" thing is something Cameron has been on about for many years, well before he became prime minister. In my opinion, the rioting last week has done nothing but reinforce his long held view. Like it or not, the traditional family is better for children, a father figure is needed. That's not to say a single mother can't raise children, but it's no where near as effective as having both mother+father figures in most cases. The lack of father figures has consistently been pointed out as a reason why these rioting youths have turned to gangs and violence.

I'm 16, I didn't riot, I do not damage the environment, I do not bully other people, I do nothing wrong. Why should I have to attend this? I mean I know I won't be 16 by the time this ever happens (if it does) but my god this isn't the way to go. He makes it seem as if every teen has a problem and he lives in the fantasy world that every teen would actually attend this. If people can get out of school as easily as they can (from my experience), then no way would they attend some crappy little scheme. It's quite simple, crime and punishment. It should be those who have commited the crime who should do things like this, except not designing their own project as such, instead cleaning up litter, cleaning any mess they have made and any mess which they didn't but was already there (graffiti basically). He is living in a dream world and the aims are not realistic at all. Punishment is just far too lenient in this country, and until someone notices that we are screwed.Well despite being "16" your reading skills could be better, no where does it say the scheme would be made compulsory. The silly comparison by the Daily Mail to national services implies it, but he's simply promoting the three-week scheme, hoping more people would do it. It's a bit like the Duke of Edinburgh scheme really.

.x.miss.angel.x
17-08-2011, 07:29 AM
In the United Kingdom, bad children and adults are rewarded - I remember in school none of the good kids got to go on any trips and the bad kids all got to go on a scheme (bowling or skating) free of charge (aka my parents and others were paying for it).

That happens to us aswell! But in reality it is more of the dyslexic children, but still they have put extremly bad children in that group aswell. Instead of history and geography they get rollerblading lessons (mucking about), free badminton, tennis ect. More art. My friend once said "the children who need more lessons, are doing the fun stuff, what about us who work hard?"
As a good quiet, taught how to shut my mouth, manners and how to wait in line and whatnot, i find this all unfair!

My mum and I were also discussing these summer camps. Im 14 at the moment, 15 in January so most likely it will affect me. We both agreed that bad children will skive, not do the work while good children, who do NOT deserve to be punished will stupidly turn up and do the work (aka me and my friends the scaredy cats we all are) ! It ALWAYS works out better for those who misbehave, ALWAYS. They get more attention from the teacher, they get treats, they do everything they are not meant to, ruin others learning! Why punish the good, only to make the bad worse? They should give them extra school, or give us a day off or non uniform to show what can happen if you behave. Of course the other problem is teachers never follow through, such as YOU HAVE THREE CHANCES, and they get 10472848375 before anything happens, They are also threatend, "you will be suspended, you will get sent home, your never going to go on a school trip", nothing ever happens. Bring back the whip, the slipper, anything. Who cares?
Teachers need more authority, or maybe just lessons on how to be strict.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!