PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Insurance

-Soro-
21-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Ok, this idea is for the richer habbos among us. I think it would be good to have an option to insure your furni if you were under threat of losing your password, this could maybe take some strain off the hobbas to safetyban worried habbos and it would make a lot of people more at ease. Say you had a very valuable peice of furni that, in a whole, represents your richness. You could insure it for let's say half the price... Then - if and when you were hacked you would just cash it in and get your furni back. This idea sprung to my head in the middle of a movie I was watching last night, so please excuse me if it's a little complicated.. :P Ratings/comments anyone?

Clo
21-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I Don't really understand that :s Then Again im dumb so ignore me :rolleyes:

-Soro-
22-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Basically you buy insurance like you do in real life, and if you're hacked you get your stolen insured furni back for free...

Pixel
22-09-2004, 06:52 AM
yea thats a good idea but what if ppl just pretend they are hacked and put furni onto dif account or something and then they wll keep gettin free furni

jinxii
22-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah, it's a great idea, but there are so many people who would take advantage of it.

Spectate
22-09-2004, 04:23 PM
It sounds like a good idea but I agree with :James, people could just pretend that they were hacked.

Mizki
22-09-2004, 09:21 PM
But there isn't any reason at all for getting your Habbo account stolen, as long as you follow the rules - not downloading anything from people you do not know, having a really complicated pass with caps and numbers and a reasonable length. All Habbos need to insure their furni is kept safe, is a bit of common sense.

Your responsible for your account as you are your furni.

You have no idea how many calls we get, from Habbos claiming they were hacked. Hacked?? You cannot be hacked on Habbo. Also from Habbos claiming that they were scammed and demand their furni back - if they followed the Habbo way and the rules, it wouldnt have happened. For example, people who do NOT use the trade box to trade - thats obviously gonna get you into a few issues one day.

PumpkinPeta
23-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi i think it is a reasonable idea though what if the hacker not only hacked you but pretened t be you being hacked and took your insurence :s :p

Mizki
23-09-2004, 10:02 AM
You cannnnottt be hacked on habbo. If you dont accept any thing from people you do not know - or visit sites, you are not sure of - add strangers to your IM's, have an easy and quite guessable pass - your account won't get stolen.

-Soro-
27-09-2004, 04:19 PM
You cannnnottt be hacked on habbo. If you dont accept any thing from people you do not know - or visit sites, you are not sure of - add strangers to your IM's, have an easy and quite guessable pass - your account won't get stolen.

Yeah I know that the only way you lose your account is if someone knows your pw and I agree in that it's your fault if you get yourself in that situation, but then isn't this a problem in real life too? Anyway I thought it'd be cool, but like most ideas there's always going to be complications and maybe it's going to deep for a virtual chatroom. I, myself would not even think about paying for Habbo insurance... :)

PS: Yeah true comment James, but in the real world people claim insurance falsely aswell, so I guess it's a problem all round.

lewisbillington
27-09-2004, 04:24 PM
yeah it is a good idea but ppl will take advantage of it

TheLostPara
27-09-2004, 04:27 PM
I Like The Idea..... But It Would Not be Any Good To Me Because I've Been Hacked :(

woolyman
27-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Good Idea...but then you would get false claims etc so it might be a bit tricky to pull off.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!