PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Server browsing on Console CONFIRMED

Oleh
18-08-2011, 04:43 PM
One of advantages PC gamers have had over consoles was the ability to pick and choose the multiplayer servers they played on. Now EA has confirmed that the server browser feature will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Battlefield 3. This makes Battlefield 3 one of the few multiplayer games on consoles that offers a server browser, where players are given more choice in terms of where to play, what maps to play on, game settings, game modes, and much more.
A server browser for consoles was a requested feature from many Battlefield fans, and it finally looks like consoles will be getting some more love from DICE. Hopefully we’ll see more PC features added to consoles, like the recently announced Commo Rose communications interface.

SOURCE (http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-server-browser-confirmed-for-consoles/)

Chris
18-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Ooer thats good to hear, not often you see that on consoles anymore.

samsaBEAR
19-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Does this mean that instead of being chucked straight into a game, a list of games in progress will come up when you search, and then you can pick whichever one you want?

Stephen!
19-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Does this mean that instead of being chucked straight into a game, a list of games in progress will come up when you search, and then you can pick whichever one you want?

Yep

The ironic thing is, it was also confirmed yesterday that the PC version won't have an in-game server browser. Instead we have to use a website.

Oleh
19-08-2011, 11:14 AM
I secretly hope there is dedi servers for console. Just so I can sit on my favourite map all day :D

Rob-Guy2
29-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Woot! I wanna get this game :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!