PDA

View Full Version : "eRiots"

Richie
18-08-2011, 09:21 PM
There is tones of people in falador "rioting" about bots, they want them to be removed but what pisses me off is contradicting *****s who are there "NO BOTZ PLS" yet they ******* bot... kids eh

World 66, fally

The bots stole our lands and raped our wives!!

Inseriousity.
18-08-2011, 09:27 PM
haha omg rly. LOL thats hilarious. rob the general store, set fire to the banks.

dunno why people moan so much about bots. most convos start with a 'you a bot?' what happened to 'hello!'

Richie
18-08-2011, 09:50 PM
haha omg rly. LOL thats hilarious. rob the general store, set fire to the banks.

dunno why people moan so much about bots. most convos start with a 'you a bot?' what happened to 'hello!'

Haha that is too true, i only hate two things about bots:

1) Runescapes ecomenmy ***** up
2) You can't get some fletching xp in peace, if im fletching and someone asks if im a bot and i decide not to reply they automatically assume you're a bot. Jagex made the "Public off" button for a reason but i hate people making assumptions like that lol so i try respond.

Oleh
18-08-2011, 10:13 PM
It's funny that jagex won't do anything about it

Richie
19-08-2011, 12:20 AM
It's funny that jagex won't do anything about it

Think if it from a companys perspective

if you pre booked 300 t-shirts and sold 200 of them t-shirts on a weekly basis. If 110 of those t-shirts went to complete ***** who constantly left bad feedback and the other 90 went to people who are loyal customers who never complain, would you just stop selling your t-shirts to those 110 customers? Surely not because they're still buying your product and if you didn't sell them the t-shirts you'd be left with 110 spare t-shirts.

It's a weird analogy but what i am trying to say is Jagex doesn't care about me nor you once we are paying for the game. If everyone stopped buying membership, they would do something about it. Everyone quit when they took away the free trade, lost tones of money and realised the only way to gain that cash again was to bring back free trade, so they did. It wasn't so the game would be more enjoyable for me or you :P.

Oleh
19-08-2011, 12:37 AM
That's what I meant. :rofl:

Robi
19-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Last time I rioted was about getting pking back.. wow I regret that because a YEAR later they perm banned me for it! No point rioting, they always catch you. :(

Cwmbran
19-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Last time I rioted was about getting pking back.. wow I regret that because a YEAR later they perm banned me for it! No point rioting, they always catch you. :(
They banned you for rioting? So they banned you for following someone round saying I want PKing back? Sorry they obviously banned you for another reason.

Rashelly
19-08-2011, 08:43 PM
You can't just say "Jagex don't care about bots because bots pay membership" because it's not that black and white.

You know, I'm pretty certain all their money doesn't come from membership. A lot of it will come from advertisements and sponsorships (amongst other things)... Which has nothing to do with bots at all.

They're also spending a lot of money suing the bot maker(s)... It simply doesn't make sense when someone says "all they want is membership money".

They're never going to get rid of bots. Jagex know this. We know this. Bots are part of every game like this. The only way to get rid of most of the bots (and I say most because there are some saddos out there who bot for online kudos, not profit) is to take away free trade... And if they do that, people will moan... And if they don't do that... People will moan. They're pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I think, instead of targeting bots... You should target the people who BUY gold and accounts from the botters as well. If people stopped buying gold and accounts, most of the botters would stop botting.

As for the riots... What a stupid idea. "oh, let's mimic recent real world events which were actually pretty tragic for our country... it'll be fun!". I heard 3 different reasons why people were rioting... so it's obviously not proactive, if no one knows exactly what they're rioting for.

/end of boring rant. Moral of the story is... Bots aren't going anywhere. Live with them or leave (if everyone left, that would actually be more proactive than rioting)

Robi
20-08-2011, 06:52 PM
They banned you for rioting? So they banned you for following someone round saying I want PKing back? Sorry they obviously banned you for another reason.

Yeah, well the main reason was "abusing of staff" and the second was "autotyper" but the autotyper was a warning/week ban i think and the abusing of staff was perm.

IceNineKills
20-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Did you loot anything?

Robi
20-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Wish I did.

Aidenn
21-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah, well the main reason was "abusing of staff" and the second was "autotyper" but the autotyper was a warning/week ban i think and the abusing of staff was perm.

The Autotyper would of given you the perm ban, since its a Macro programme.

Marbian
21-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I love Runescape... But a lot of members piss me off. Like the other day a thread in the Runescape forums were made about yes or no if Jagex is doing a good job with Runescape. And it was all no. That really annoyed me... People saying Jagex are rubbish or they want to leave Runescape because they released a friend refer? Something, you don't even need to use!

It's like people think their special. Don't like it, get rid of it. A lot of people like Dungeonearing, but if someone doesnt then it's a melodramatic OMG RUNESCAPE FAILS moment. Runescapes done amazing... They could of just left it all plain, no texture, and piss off with a new project. They really could. I remember in 2006ish we were saying that Jagex are done with runescape... nothin is hardly new, very basic graphics, etc. 2011.. now look at it.. amazin graphics, a lot of opportunities.

Runescape will never get rid of bots. It's how the game is. And I think people who care about something that has been over a game for years, really need to get a life. If it effects them that bad, then they shouldn't play the game. It's not runescape are saying there is no bots in the game is there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!