PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a hoarder?

Showder
19-08-2011, 02:18 PM
What is a hoarder? Well, a hoarder is someone who trashes up their home claiming is their treasure. But actually it's bad.
I'm not one but are you? Share your secrets!

Nick
19-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Im not really a hoarder but i like to keep ma hats ;)

beth
19-08-2011, 02:21 PM
um.. i don't think that is quite the dictionary definition if i'm honest.

Jordan:A
19-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I do hoard but i'm not as bad as that, I don't like throwing things away though

Martin
19-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I have quite a bit of junk tbh, although most of it is now in the corner of ma room awaiting the next car boot sale ;) I also sell some of it on ebay now and again xD

As for stuff I regard as treasure I wouldn't say its too bad. My rooms quite empty really, and I tend to only keep stuff that means a lot to me/is useful etc. The only thing I guess would be the exception is all my teddies from when I was younger and stuff, and my thomas the tank engine pillow which I have had some memorable moments with! :(

wixard
19-08-2011, 04:42 PM
i have like 4 boxes of stuff from my past that i keep as memories
i'll be keeping them FOREVER

also with clothes, i don't throw them out. i just pack old ones in boxes and put them back up in boxes, i feel that they'll probably come in use in years to come so why not keep them?

Oleh
19-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Does having 90+ Xbox 360 games count?

Tom
19-08-2011, 08:32 PM
No? And the definition is actually someone who doesn't discard items, even the worthless one's.

Red
19-08-2011, 08:36 PM
yh I find it really hard throwing stuff away. I have practically ever school book from nursery LMAO. I have like a big bin in the garage just full of files and I have boxes of books and benie babies in the attic. I don't like clutter though so its all away in attic/garage/basement

Casanova
19-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Not at all. I fling stuff away all the time. The only thing I don't bin immediately is cards, I'll keep them a week.
I clear out my wardrobe at least four times a year (with the seasons) and tend to only keep what I need. It's not hoarding but I have a large collection of books. Like four DVD's and like... two ornaments. Both of them bhudda's. Only 'cos they were bought as presents.

Metric1
19-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I have a lot of clothes, but nothing else. I've learned to keep what I need because I don't want to lug it home with me.

Alexx..
19-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I do, I have boxes and boxes of magazines in my house.

GirlNextDoor15
20-08-2011, 12:21 AM
I do keep my books and prefer not to throw them just in case I want to read them again. So, no, I don't

Showder
20-08-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm lazy to clean , so my house is pree messy!

Ekelektra
20-08-2011, 05:26 AM
I tend to hold onto things like magazines, books, clothes and shoes although they don't fit anymore.

Zak
22-08-2011, 03:01 AM
There was a show on sky about this about a week ago. This women hoarded 389 pigs, they even lived in her house. It was ridiculous.. and she was disabled!

Eric
22-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Yup i usually keep all my toys and cards i bought when i was a kid. I don't know i just don't feel like throwing them away because i have a lot of good memories playing them lol.

Smits
29-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I have quite a bit of junk tbh, although most of it is now in the corner of ma room awaiting the next car boot sale ;) I also sell some of it on ebay now and again xD

As for stuff I regard as treasure I wouldn't say its too bad. My rooms quite empty really, and I tend to only keep stuff that means a lot to me/is useful etc. The only thing I guess would be the exception is all my teddies from when I was younger and stuff, and my thomas the tank engine pillow which I have had some memorable moments with! :(

Oh aye? ;)

I'm no hoarder, i hate junk and often throw it away, love having clearouts!

intense
30-08-2011, 05:35 PM
nah i'm quite good at getting rid of stuff, in fact, i'd say im closer to the opposite of the hoarder

Nikki
30-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't say i hoard anything, but I have about 80 pairs of shoes...

Samantha
30-08-2011, 06:05 PM
My family think I hoard, but eh, if I have a girl or a boy in the future one will like playing with my old barbies and polly pockets and one will like playing with my old cars and footballers, why should I spend money in the future for stuff like that when I have them in good nick already :P!

iJess
31-08-2011, 12:43 AM
I have a Harry Potter collection LMAO

.:!SaReBeAr!:.
31-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Confession i am a hoarder but not so bad that i cant throw anything out.. Once a year in winter i go through everything and have a big winter clean.. What better to do on a rainy day.
I did a mental health lesson on friday about hoarders.. Those horrific scenes of unmoveable houses are creared by sick people who have an anxiety disorder worried that they may throw the wrong thing out, they go through anxiety attacks if someone begins throwing things out in their hoarder pile.
Just a lil fact lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!