PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Hillsborough Disaster - PLEASE READ.

Headingley
19-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Please sign this petition for the full disclosure of all government documents related to this disaster.

This petition has been pushed on Twitter with many celebrities such as Joey Barton & Piers Morgan getting involved.

If you could all just take 5 minutes to sign the petition it would make a massive difference. Please don't forget that you need to confirm your email address after you have entered your details.

If you're not informed of the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster then please watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN1P6FYoJ40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN1P6FYoJ40&feature=youtu.be)

The petition: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199Full

Thank you for helping.

Luke

-:Undertaker:-
19-08-2011, 10:41 PM
My Dad and Uncle were there the day it happened.

That said without sounding heartless, i've never understood the obsession with this disaster concerning the city of Liverpool. A tragic event that happened many years ago seems to me to have become a strange sort of ritual each year for the religion which is called Football. I'm not sure what exactly needs to be released or why we appear to want it released so badly. Can anybody explain this to me?

Headingley
20-08-2011, 12:06 AM
That's a bit inconsiderate branding it as an 'obession' and a 'ritual' each year on the date is marked in remembrance of the 96, a day for the club and fans to come together to remember the ones that were lost and the grieving families.

The documents are wanted to be released as some blame the fans themselves, a certain newspaper stating that some where and I quote "urinating on the dead". It was mainly due to the terraces, that so many fans could be fit into such a small area. Also, they said thousands of fans broke open the gates, where witnesses say the police opened the gates to allow more in, causing the crush.

The government have withheld these documents, which means that they have something to hide. The documents will finally put an end to all the uncertainty.

scottish
20-08-2011, 01:31 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7992845.stm

The inquiry into the disaster led by Lord Chief Justice Taylor established that main cause was a failure of police crowd control

At 1452, police ordered a large exit gate - Gate C - to be opened to alleviate the crush outside the ground. Around 2,000 fans then made their way into the ground and headed straight for a tunnel leading directly to pens 3 and 4.

This influx caused severe crushing in the pens. Fans began climbing over side fences into the relatively less packed pens 1 and 5 to escape.

It was later estimated that more than 3,000 supporters were admitted to the central pens - almost double the "safe" capacity.

Headingley
20-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Yeah, but many other organisations posted articles stating different 'facts'.

The release of these documents will put an end to all the loose ends.

Adam
20-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't really know what this is all about. 96 people died because of bad crowd control. That's it. It's not like there's a conspiracy or anything.

Kasabian
20-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Genuine question to you - does any of this apply to you? Did any of your friends/family die?

-:Undertaker:-
20-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Genuine question to you - does any of this apply to you? Did any of your friends/family die?

My Dad and Uncle were there, i'm sure another was there also and I know friends whose relatives died there.

Kasabian
20-08-2011, 01:29 PM
My Dad and Uncle were there, i'm sure another was there also and I know friends whose relatives died there.

Was aimed at OP. Sorry should have quoted him.

Headingley
20-08-2011, 02:33 PM
No there wasn't but that's not the issue here, the families involved need these documents to be released to finally confirm what happened that day. Just put yourself in their shoes.

I didn't create this post to spark a debate, only for support to those involved.

Chippiewill
20-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Let's put it this way, if they did have something to hide then they'd just make fake documents.

Kasabian
20-08-2011, 04:06 PM
No there wasn't but that's not the issue here, the families involved need these documents to be released to finally confirm what happened that day. Just put yourself in their shoes.

I didn't create this post to spark a debate, only for support to those involved.

Don't really know what this is all about. 96 people died because of bad crowd control. That's it. It's not like there's a conspiracy or anything.

This .

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!