PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies

-Soro-
21-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard of or has played SWG, it's got to be one of the best games I have ever played. Basically it's a big (and I mean BIG) online rpg where you build a character up to your preffered proffession. I'd really like to tell you what it's like but it's one of those games that you have to play to understand... I am quite good at the moment, but becoming a jedi takes months, maybe even years, as you have to complete like 9 proffesions and get all the badges. An example of it's vast planets is eg. yesterday I took 6 hours on my speedbike travelling from one city to another to complete a mission... It's a weird game.

Unlike other games there is no one way to play this game, you chose your own routes, you go where you want and when you want and how you chose to fulfill your role is entirely up to you. I recommend this game to anyone who loves big online rpgs, and if you have got it then please do not hesitate to add me as a friend. My name is 'Kalaschi'. :) Soon to be a bounty hunter.

Concentric
21-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Sorry did you say its an online game? Like Runescape?
Whats the URL man, what are you waiting for?!? :D

Convictions
21-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Sorry did you say its an online game? Like Runescape?
Whats the URL man, what are you waiting for?!? :D

I was gonna join but its like $14.00 a month is this so? or is it free im not sure

Spectate
21-09-2004, 06:54 PM
I think that alot of online games like that should do what runescape do, make it free but have a member option with added bonuses. So then if you like it alot and want more of it then you can pay but you don't have to. :)

-Soro-
21-09-2004, 08:12 PM
There's no URL concentric, you buy the CD in a gamestore and pay monthly for it, and yes it's like £14.00 a month. It's not like runescape, it's much much better and I played it all afternoon today, I'm a marksman mastering a rifle, pistol and carbine. Amazing game, buy it now lads.

icebox12
05-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Well now that seems a bit unfair £14.00 a month when you haev allready bought the game, seems a rip to me, but that's just my opinion :)

Simonac55
17-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Nope I never heard from this game.This game sounds cool. I'm gonna try to find it and play it.

dark2k000
17-10-2004, 10:05 PM
coldshot i hate that game my dad and brotehr love it they are addicted to it and my brotehr always tells me that he kills these rebels or something im like shut the f.. up i dont care they collect laods of stuff worth millions my brothers says its good wen u understand but i dont wanna play it lol i played a bit wher eu get speedhovers and landspeeders and do missions lol i can play but dont want to and u pay 13 or 12 pound

-Soro-
28-10-2004, 12:52 PM
coldshot i hate that game my dad and brotehr love it they are addicted to it and my brotehr always tells me that he kills these rebels or something im like shut the f.. up i dont care they collect laods of stuff worth millions my brothers says its good wen u understand but i dont wanna play it lol i played a bit wher eu get speedhovers and landspeeders and do missions lol i can play but dont want to and u pay 13 or 12 pound

It's £9, and yes it's complicated but it's good. The new addon "Star wars jump to light speed" has just come out and you can go into space, it's amazing.

_Olam_
28-10-2004, 03:48 PM
It's nothing like Runescape people, think more FFXI and you're on the right lines.

SWG is brilliant, I was looking at it since the days it was first designed as a concept, and have been following it every step of the way. Sadly I cannot play this game as my computer is far too slow and demonic, but my friend keeps me posted on his progress.

I thought Jedi's were randomly picked though? I didn't know you had to the earn them, hm... well I knew you needed the Mind energy, oh well.

The empire rocks by the way, if anyone cares to disagree I'll stomp 'em!

Oh and you can hug Stormtroopers - that alone is more than enough reason to get this game!

Don't forget the expansion pack that allows space combat, that should be incredibly impressive too.

-Soro-
09-12-2004, 08:49 PM
The Jedi system has changed yes, you now must get glowing force sensitive and go to the lost village where you go through countless months of training. Anyway I left now and I play HL2 (Half-Life 2) which is arguably the best PC game ever!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!