PDA

View Full Version : 2 things that are p*ssin me off!

Gibs960
20-08-2011, 03:47 PM
1. Every time I go on zombies on "Five", people open the doors way too early, they think that openin the door gives you more room to move and therfore easier, but then they forget about the original windows and then I'm meant to cover 4 windows on my own, when 3 of them are covering 3 windows from the other 2 rooms or you get some guy who goes in the lift and ditches me and the others to deal with the zombies he's left to us! Eugh.

2. Fifa 11 game face won't fudging work (I don't swear cos I'm family friendly). Says I have to install it when I've already installed it like 5 times. Happened to anyone else?

Oh and while I'm opening a thread I'll ask this, is there such thing as like HDMI hub, like an extension lead? Cos I've got my V+ box, my xbox and I'm gettin a PS3 for Christmas and I cba swappin and changin the HDMI leads.

Luke
20-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Hang in there.

HDMI Splitters:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdmi+switch&x=0&y=0&sprefix=hdmi+switch

MrDots.
20-08-2011, 04:09 PM
1. Every time I go on zombies on "Five", people open the doors way too early, they think that openin the door gives you more room to move and therfore easier, but then they forget about the original windows and then I'm meant to cover 4 windows on my own, when 3 of them are covering 3 windows from the other 2 rooms or you get some guy who goes in the lift and ditches me and the others to deal with the zombies he's left to us! Eugh.

2. Fifa 11 game face won't fudging work (I don't swear cos I'm family friendly). Says I have to install it when I've already installed it like 5 times. Happened to anyone else?

Oh and while I'm opening a thread I'll ask this, is there such thing as like HDMI hub, like an extension lead? Cos I've got my V+ box, my xbox and I'm gettin a PS3 for Christmas and I cba swappin and changin the HDMI leads.

Firstly, whats a V+ Box...?
2ndly, with Zombies, if you have a headset you need to TELL THEM that they are screwing up. There are too many bloody noobs on Black ops.
3rdly, Yes there is a HDMI Extension lead you can get. There are also hubs. They are all around eBay from around $15 AUD. Thats AROUND £10 per unit on ebay from China though, plus shipping.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-1-OUT-AUTO-SWITCH-HDMI-SPLITTER-HUB-FULL-HD-1080p-/310340127565?pt=AU_Television_Accessories&hash=item4841b68b4d#ht_1690wt_1139
Thats one there, its round £9.80 with free shipping worldwide (majority of the world)

The problem with FIFA11, all I can suggest is updating your DirectX, performing a virus check, Patching the game to the latest update, and if need be to update your Video/Graphics Card Drivers.

Gibs960
20-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I might be a n00b but what's the level you'd open the doors cos personally I'd open about level 8 or 9...?

From what you've said you're from america? In England we have Virgin Media boxes that give us a load of channels through a fibre optic cable (am I right?).

AgnesIO
20-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I might be a n00b but what's the level you'd open the doors cos personally I'd open about level 8 or 9...?

From what you've said you're from america? In England we have Virgin Media boxes that give us a load of channels through a fibre optic cable (am I right?).

Might be wrong but in the US I believe they have 'cable'

Gibs960
20-08-2011, 05:03 PM
And in UK we have Virgin instead, right? I knew they had cable but I wasn't sure if virgin was more-or-less the same thing

AgnesIO
20-08-2011, 05:20 PM
And in UK we have Virgin instead, right? I knew they had cable but I wasn't sure if virgin was more-or-less the same thing

We have freeview.

dbgtz
20-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Virgins a brand, not a way the signal is sent. They'll have essentially the same choices (satellite/cable television) just by different companies as far as I am aware. Also, out of curiousity, why are you getting a PS3 so late into the gen?

Gibs960
20-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Because I really can't afford to keep paying for xbox live, PS3 seems to be the only option :P I enjoy playing online but not paying for it. When is the PS4 comin out?

P.S. I know virgin is a brand but I didn't know of any other companies that provide added channels through cable apart from virgin, and freeview runs through arials? (excuse my spelling, chrome usually spell checks but I'm using IE).

dbgtz
20-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Because I really can't afford to keep paying for xbox live, PS3 seems to be the only option :P I enjoy playing online but not paying for it. When is the PS4 comin out?

People speculate announcement next year, release the year after. I think it will get a japanese release next year too.

AgnesIO
20-08-2011, 05:55 PM
People speculate announcement next year, release the year after. I think it will get a japanese release next year too.

I got my PS3 at christmas, which although was 8 months ago was still late in - on the other hand, there is no way I would pay the (lets be honest) £400 they will end up charging for the next gen console on release - will wait at least a year to get it - guess it depends if he can find a decent offer :P

Gibs960
20-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Are they gonna bring out a new Xbox when the new playstation comes out? Cos they brought a new one out last year, although no real difference tbh.

AgnesIO
20-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Are they gonna bring out a new Xbox when the new playstation comes out? Cos they brought a new one out last year, although no real difference tbh.

That was still the xBox 360...

Just like the PS3 Slim was still a PS3..

Gibs960
20-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Seemed like a pretty pointless move considering, only about 1 of my friends got a new xbox for christmas or birthday that year :P And there was no real difference, you're paying like £100 more just for built in hard drive, almost silent, and Kinect compatible console... :/

dbgtz
20-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I got my PS3 at christmas, which although was 8 months ago was still late in - on the other hand, there is no way I would pay the (lets be honest) £400 they will end up charging for the next gen console on release - will wait at least a year to get it - guess it depends if he can find a decent offer :P

Yeah but 8 months ago the WiiU wasn't announced. As much of a failure I think that will be (as nintendo said it wouldn't be cheap), it's the only thing that indicated the next gen :P I hope it's £350 max to be honest. Oh well, by the time it's out I should be able to afford it anyway. To be honest, I'll probably get it day 1 if I have the money.

Seemed like a pretty pointless move considering, only about 1 of my friends got a new xbox for christmas or birthday that year :P And there was no real difference, you're paying like £100 more just for built in hard drive, almost silent, and Kinect compatible console... :/

Well it's getting microsoft more money in the long term as it's cheaper to produce and they'd have to repair less consoles as it is more reliable. Also, it was probably to give the PS3 competition and attempt what happened when that was release (a huge bump in sales, although I'm not sure how big it was for the 360). Also, from cheaper production, it could bundle with kinect for a cheaper price making kinect a much more attractive purchase.

AgnesIO
20-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah but 8 months ago the WiiU wasn't announced. As much of a failure I think that will be (as nintendo said it wouldn't be cheap), it's the only thing that indicated the next gen :P I hope it's £350 max to be honest. Oh well, by the time it's out I should be able to afford it anyway. To be honest, I'll probably get it day 1 if I have the money.

Well it's getting microsoft more money in the long term as it's cheaper to produce and they'd have to repair less consoles as it is more reliable. Also, it was probably to give the PS3 competition and attempt what happened when that was release (a huge bump in sales, although I'm not sure how big it was for the 360). Also, from cheaper production, it could bundle with kinect for a cheaper price making kinect a much more attractive purchase.

Oh I could afford it, but worth it? I don't think so :P

dbgtz
20-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Oh I could afford it, but worth it? I don't think so :P

Well, if they have a good as line up as they will with Vita... :D

AgnesIO
20-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, if they have a good as line up as they will with Vita... :D

Vita looks promising, the difference is for me the games they have shown on Vita are already made - normally when a new console is released there is a severe lack of games. Lets be honest, the games people think about in general are massive series and stuff.

Personally I would never pay the starting price, despite what I can or cannot afford.

Chippiewill
20-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Just poking my nose in and saying that next-gen for Xbox/PS consoles is 2-3 years at least, especially since we didn't see anything at this year's E3, there's a slim chance that we'll get an Xbox 720 for fall 2012 if it is announced at CES (I doubt it though. However, the technical capabilities of the PS3 have not yet been reached so we won't be seeing a PS4 before Q4 2013. I reckon they'll both be announced E3 next year and released Q4 2013 or Q2 2014. Also Sony doesn't want to cloud Vita's launch with news of the PS4 anyway. Neither would be inclined to release a new console within two years since they both just released their movement peripheral.

They actually lose more money by releasing a new gen early because developers are just now making the quality big-seller products for this generation (Which is what the original Xbox missed out on by being replaced too fast) like MW2, BO, BC2, Halo Reach etc. Generally a generation's last few bestsellers are of better quality than launch titles.

samsaBEAR
21-08-2011, 09:08 AM
it wouldnt surprise me if we didnt get a new generation of consoles for like 4-5 years, which i personally have no problems with

dbgtz
21-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Just poking my nose in and saying that next-gen for Xbox/PS consoles is 2-3 years at least, especially since we didn't see anything at this year's E3, there's a slim chance that we'll get an Xbox 720 for fall 2012 if it is announced at CES (I doubt it though. However, the technical capabilities of the PS3 have not yet been reached so we won't be seeing a PS4 before Q4 2013. I reckon they'll both be announced E3 next year and released Q4 2013 or Q2 2014. Also Sony doesn't want to cloud Vita's launch with news of the PS4 anyway. Neither would be inclined to release a new console within two years since they both just released their movement peripheral.

They actually lose more money by releasing a new gen early because developers are just now making the quality big-seller products for this generation (Which is what the original Xbox missed out on by being replaced too fast) like MW2, BO, BC2, Halo Reach etc. Generally a generation's last few bestsellers are of better quality than launch titles.

Well considering the WiiU is coming soon, and consoles are pretty much starting the R&D process since the previous one was released, I don't think it will be two years. The don't want to lose market share. 360 has probably only sold so well because it was the first HD console, and PS3 lost a lot of marketshare because it was out later (well that and a huge pricetag). Just because a new console is out, doesn't mean it will stop being supported. I mean, studios still made games for PS2 well after the 360/PS3 release (world at war final fronts for example). I'll also probably still buy games for my PS3 in the first year of having a PS4 (if I have it near launch) as the library won't be amazing and PS3 games will hopefully be dirt cheap then too :L

Also at the Vita thing, I think it is released early next year for Americas/Europe long before E3 where a new console is likely to be announced so it's not clouding it so much and it will be similar to what nintendo did with 3DS/WiiU, except the opposite way around.

it wouldnt surprise me if we didnt get a new generation of consoles for like 4-5 years, which i personally have no problems with

WiiU is releasing next year as far as I'm aware...

samsaBEAR
21-08-2011, 12:03 PM
i meant ps4/new xbox

dbgtz
21-08-2011, 12:53 PM
i meant ps4/new xbox

Yeah but it's all about competition, release too late and a lot of marketshare can be lost.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!