PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been on Habbo since 2005... Much changed?

Cheezy2
21-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I believe my thread title explains this post... I haven't been on Habbo since 2005. Has much changed?

Cheezy2

Jordan:A
21-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Erm, where to start..

Your account may of got deleted during the merge.

Jordy
21-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Everything has changed, I'd be surprised if anything is the same as it was when you last played it. The concept is much the same though, it's still a teen hangout to collect furniture, create rooms and make friends. It's also quite fansite and campaign orientated still. Trading isn't done so much in recent years nor is gambling.

The addition of Habbo Homes (Myspace style pages), much bigger rooms and the merging of the UK, US, Canadian, Singaporean and Australian hotels last year are probably the "largest" changes.

If you have a lot of time to spare have a read of this; in 2005 the hotel was on Version 8, we're now on Version 63; http://www.habborator.org/facts/

bo$$
21-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Why didn't you just go on and find out? It's naturally completely different than it was.

Samantha
21-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Firstly Habbo has changed dramatically, it changed to the BETA version 2 years ago and things have been removed and re-added ever since.

The English speaking hotels US, UK, AU, CA, and SG were all merged together to form www.habbo.com (http://www.habbo.com) which of course includes all english speaking hotels.

There were many accounts unmerged from the merge therefore they were deleted and a lot of people now have new names which gives no rarity of names whatsoever.

Habbo had to remove the old loved things such as: Battle Ball which was replaced as a game called Battle Banzai which you play in your own room. Snow Storm which was replaced with Freeze which doesn't have the same feel to it at all. The volter text has gone as Habbo was 'improving' and it was far too modern for the font to continue in the Hotel. They removed the old public rooms and allowed members from a handful of hotels to create rooms themselves which are now the featured rooms.

From the merge onwards prizes in games are now very slim as many offer rites as prizes.

You can no longer give rites to everyone who is in your room which means kick wars, design a room etc are made difficult and near impossible.

Habbo introduced wired furni and it is really good, you can teleport using keywords and there are many wired mazes because of the things you can actually do with it.

You can no longer 'push' which means wobble squabble and push off are a thing of the past.

Habbo 'pets' are more like a zoo now with rhinos, turtles, terriers, dogs, cats, crocs, pigs, dragons, lions, bears etc.

Habbo have become more obsessed with gaining money which of course is expected but habbo are more focused on the younger audience now and not the older ones.

The competitions Habbo do are very pityful with prizes such as badges and stickers, however, when they did a furniture prize they couldn't admit their mistake and basically failed with the whole competition.

You are now able to click links in Habbo.

You can copy and paste onto Habbo and also copy and paste others mottos.

wixard
21-08-2011, 11:59 PM
your name looks really familiar

JudgeJudi
22-08-2011, 12:42 AM
hiyaa matt everyone from our generation has alas died and asher has bright white teeth now lmaoo are ya a music teacher yet

Edited by Suspective (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly, thanks.

RyRy
22-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Oh damn Cheezy2 I remember you. Yeah it's changed massively, majority of UK staff gone, all MODs are from SG and just yeah, mental.

james,
22-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Erm, where to start..

Your account may of got deleted during the merge.

this.

idk where to start, alot has changed lol

karter
22-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Basically everything now. oh and sorry because your account has been deleted

Cheezy2
22-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Well... the reason I didn't log in was because, as some people have already suggested, my account may have been deleted. I must admit, I'm a little ticked off about that... it was last logged in to in December 2010 apparently, and it's a very old account. Shame.

Although you say it's deleted, but if I search it on the community pages of Habbo, it's still there? Any explanations?

Hey JudgeJudi... Hahaha, I liked your reply. Indeed, I met Ash recently, and he does have white teeth :P I am a Music teacher, yep. Started full time last September, and now I am head of music at a secondary school here.

karter
22-08-2011, 12:56 PM
It's still there because someone else on the other hotel was using it.... or someone took the name recently after your name was deleted

---------- Post added 22-08-2011 at 06:34 PM ----------

or was ur account on habbo USA? habbo usa accounts werent deleted

Cheezy2
22-08-2011, 01:51 PM
To be honest... I had the same account name on Habbo US and UK. Even when I search Cheezy2 in the community thing... it says my Habbo's mission (or whatever they are called now) is the same as it was when I left it.

karter
22-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Do you remember merging your account during June 2010 till March 2011? If you haven't merged your Uk account, It's your USA account..

Pass
22-08-2011, 04:11 PM
you were hacked in december 2010, I know the person who hacked you. sucks I know but you'll live.

Cheezy2
23-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I figured as much... due to the new 'look' and all. Nevermind.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!