PDA

View Full Version : Can you really get rich, by purchasing 2 for 1c furniture, selling for 1c ?

MKR&*42
22-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Mhm, just a question.

Over the past 2 days - I decided to purchase furniture, for '2 for 1c' - then sell it at 1c per.

I started off with 10c - so I bought 20 items, and over 2 days I've made 50c! :3

But I was wondering, is this really, a good way to... "get rich" (I tried the whole buying Rares and selling, too "hard") have any of you earned quite a bit of credits, doing this?

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo In General' to here as better suited

geo
22-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I think it would take a long time, but it's probably possible :)

Jordan:A
22-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Most furni only sells 2 for 1c, it depends what furni you've been buying.
Most things like yukkas, pines and lodge bars easily sell for 1c

Delimed
22-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I would say it is possible, Some people offer good, I have just tried it with 25c that I bought and got all of this:

http://i.imgur.com/o8VI4.png

Rindy2121
18-02-2012, 02:58 AM
I've done it all the time, you make twice as much

FlyingJesus
18-02-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm not exactly a regular on the hotel these days but simple economics (less than that even: simple mathematics) shows that buying items at 1:1 value and selling at 1:2 means you're doubling your investment with each successful sale. Obviously at higher levels this won't be possible, as people won't buy a throne or whatever's the top commodity at double the sale value, but it always makes fiscal sense to sell items at more than what you paid for them if your target is to become richer in terms of credit value rather than aim for a certain furniture/theme market from the start.

JerseySafety
18-02-2012, 05:01 AM
no. it is the worst possible method of making money. if you want to spend 10 hours a day to make 10c then go ahead.

J0SH
18-02-2012, 05:14 AM
If you're making a profit then yes, but there are easier ways :P

karter
18-02-2012, 06:51 AM
yes eventually you do, at a speed of a snail but yes you do

Kyle
18-02-2012, 08:38 AM
with knowledge of the market it's quite easy to make a good profit from 2/3/4/5 for 1c shops if you choose items that you know will sell with ease for more. doesnt take too long

Zelda
18-02-2012, 09:00 AM
The better way is to actually buy stuff worth between 2 to 5c, allowing for 2 for 3's like kitchen blocks/exec bars or corners, and make sure minimum profit on each item is at least 50% profit, buying mass amounts, knowing that this stuff will sell full price quickly, can make 10gb+ a day doing that on good days, especially if you get dealers like me and ruby have which'll just supply u with bulk massive profit over 300% sometimes ;L

Samantha
18-02-2012, 10:55 AM
[@]@Inexorably[/@] I spent last night writing my weekly article so when I publish that take a look as it's about trading.

Also, why was this bumped?

O/T: My friend is extremely richer (than me) and wouldn't spend her rares or anything but instead bought things from 2 and 3 for 1c shops and sold 1c per in her shop, she had good days and bad days and when she had enough, she bought whichever rares she needed for a room she was working on. I would say that yeah it's ok to buy things for cheap but in some cases I find the marketplace your best friend as loads buy in there for large prices thus increasing your profit (this method takes a while too). However, if you do not like using the marketplace you could try selling in a shop but it could be a more drawn out period.

Lewis
18-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I earned one throne by doing this, and then betted it and lost. lol

karter
18-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I earned one throne by doing this, and then betted it and lost. lol

ouch lol. Gambling works for the lucky people...never worked for me so I don't plan to do it anyways. But if you wanna be suuuuuuuuper rich then yeah gambling's your thing

Ajthedragon
18-02-2012, 12:41 PM
You'd get bored by the time you got to 200.

Grabbers are the easiest way to get rich.

Samantha
18-02-2012, 01:22 PM

This, there was a grabber and only prize on it was a throne. I paid 20c for 2 goes (he gave me a discount because he was a friend) and I won the throne. That helped me a lot!

MKR&*42
18-02-2012, 03:02 PM
This, there was a grabber and only prize on it was a throne. I paid 20c for 2 goes (he gave me a discount because he was a friend) and I won the throne. That helped me a lot!

Ahh, I don't gamble on Habbo :P - I don't trust the people who do it. I had a friend before who owned a grabber, bet him 40c and I won 100c. He scammed me though by banning me from the room haha ;/

Yeah, why on Earth was this given a like.. 6 month bump? :L

Gibs960
18-02-2012, 03:21 PM
It would be, but it wouldn't be a quick way to go about it.

Cherry
18-02-2012, 06:28 PM
If you look around enough you can find good stuff in 2 for 1c shops that you could easily sell for one credit. It works a lot better if you buy a product in bulk for cheap and then sell them individually. For example, I bought 50 club sofas the other day for 55c. And now I can easily sell them for 2c each or 2 for 3c and make a profit. It just depends on how much you have to spend, and how much patience you have looking. Every now and then you do find noob stores who sell things worth 1-3c items accidently for 2 for 1c. They're just few and far between.

Zak
18-02-2012, 07:43 PM
no. it is the worst possible method of making money. if you want to spend 10 hours a day to make 10c then go ahead.

Lee knows a thing or two about profit

JerseySafety
19-02-2012, 08:00 AM
yes I do zak :D

I wouldn't reccomend it.

Twista500
19-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I had done this before and earned about 100c Over time

Ajthedragon
19-02-2012, 10:19 AM

I meant as an owner but yeah. :P

Cherrie
19-02-2012, 11:11 AM
If you already have 50c its best to start rare trading (:

Showder
19-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, from my perspective you can.
I've tried it before, but watch out for some cheaters who will destroy your profits.

MKR&*42
19-02-2012, 06:57 PM
If you wish to answer, fine aha. But please try not to direct any answers at me - I don't bother with this much really (anymore) . :P

I did this what, a few months ago (whenever the thread was created), and somehow I made 100c in 5 days (I'm not exaggerating... I actually did somehow :S) but that was probably sheer luck. I was stupid and then spent all the credits on a room which I never kept haha and went back to 0c. I am appallingat rares, I don't wish to attempt to go there again.

But yes, I do this on some day - but I'll stay in the shop for about 5 minutes before I go the helpdesk, so I don't obviously have much interest anymore.

Martin
19-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I think if you have patience it can work quite well, and certain items go better than others if they are popular etc.

Gina
20-02-2012, 05:56 AM
normally I buy in bulks and sellseparately since people do bulk deals lol

JerseySafety
20-02-2012, 06:13 AM
btw, 100c in 5 days isn't a lot but you were very lucky to make that with this method.

as gina/yuxin said, buying in bulk and selling separately is a good method, although you really have to look out for the prices as they always change!

Mr-Trainor
20-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I think it really depends what you mean by 'rich' and how rich you are aiming to be. I think it's best to use this method until you have a few hundred credits, then begin to invest in items worth more and eventually begin trading super rares. Although, when buying super rares you never know if they're going to go up or down, and it doesn't matter how rare it is, it's sometimes simply how much the buyer likes it :P. I've had rare items before and had to sell them on at a lower price, only to see them go up not long after. You could say luck gets involved sometimes.
--

ouch lol. Gambling works for the lucky people...never worked for me so I don't plan to do it anyways. But if you wanna be suuuuuuuuper rich then yeah gambling's your thing
Lol yea. Although I've had some lucky moments when betting, the majority of them have been the opposite :P. I still find it exciting though..!

I meant as an owner but yeah. :P
I had a popular HC/club sofa grabber back on the UK hotel and at one point could earn 100hc/cs a day. However, after the merge I found it harder to get anyone in any of my rooms :P. I did make a credit grabber last year but never got round to opening it. Anyway, owning a grabber can definitely be a great way of making a profit; just set the prices, prizes and positions as well as possible :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!