PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft details new Windows 8 file copy and move UI

xxMATTGxx
24-08-2011, 07:31 AM
In this video Microsoft show off the new copy and paste user interface in Windows 8. In the video you can also see a slight change to the start button (When the man is talking and there's a big screen in the background)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiE1qXyiBw

Source: WinRumors.com

I think it's a big improvement over what we have got now and it's sweet that they are combined into one window instead of separate ones.

Recursion
24-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Liking the graphs, and omg the ability to ~*~pause~*~, no joke that's actually gunna be really handy.

HotelUser
24-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Could you not drag things from the bar on the left before or is it those graphs which are new? Is there an option to "keep both files" when you copy something into a folder and it adds a prefix or suffix?

Chippiewill
24-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Hmm looks pretty nice, they just need to tidy up the UI for it a tiny bit.

Could you not drag things from the bar on the left before or is it those graphs which are new?
Just the graphs and the consolidation of all copy windows (At the moment each copy process has a separate window)

Is there an option to "keep both files" when you copy something into a folder and it adds a prefix or suffix?It does that at the moment, automatically for duplicating a file. They seem to have removed that in this instance.

HotelUser
24-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Just the graphs and the consolidation of all copy windows (At the moment each copy process has a separate window)

It does that at the moment, automatically for duplicating a file. They seem to have removed that in this instance.

That's great then. For the Mobile UI I hope everything's more finger friendly though, but I guess we'll have to wait if we want to see what that'll be like :P

xxMATTGxx
24-08-2011, 02:58 PM

It does that at the moment, automatically for duplicating a file. They seem to have removed that in this instance.

In regards of the bottom bit, wouldn't you keep both if you ticked both pictures for example in that video? Maybe I'm thinking of something completely different here.

Chippiewill
24-08-2011, 03:05 PM
In regards of the bottom bit, wouldn't you keep both if you ticked both pictures for example in that video? Maybe I'm thinking of something completely different here.
I guess instead of having a separate option for it they could just have that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!