PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Datsun 240z WIP.

CadalacDon
24-08-2011, 05:42 PM
After taking an extremely long hiatus from making any pixel art whatsoever (About 3 years, actually), I've decided to start up on it again. So, as my first alt in that long of a time period, I bring you.. A Datsun 240z. :D

It's still a WIP, but I couldn't help myself from posting it. I still have more line work and fix some wonky looking lines on it, but other than that I have the basic outline done. I still need to add various things such as mirrors, reflectors and wheels, but that'll come later.

Tell me what you think of it so far? I'll try to keep this thread updated as much as I can whilst working on it.

http://i.imgur.com/ke0kf.png

CadalacDon
25-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I couldn't find an edit button on this thread, so forgive me for double-posting. Anyway.. Trying to fix the front bumper a bit, still working on that. I plan on trying to fix the front fender as well. Also working on the interior of it and I also have some of the chrome fixtures outlined.

http://i.imgur.com/GN1bX.png

David
25-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Definitely interesting, looking quite good so far.
Don't believe there's much to comment on though. Can we see your reference?

& you can only edit posts within 15 minutes of originally posting it, maybe ask the mods to update your OP though ;)

geo
25-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Will be great to see when it's done! :D

Accipiter
25-08-2011, 07:18 PM
cars really done my head in especially large ones! Haha, I've only ever tryed twice and only ever finished the hoods.

You take the same approach though, different coloured lines from i'm guessing a more definite edge on the red? and a light edge on the blue?

It'll be great to see if you go through with it all :D

CadalacDon
25-08-2011, 11:03 PM
You take the same approach though, different coloured lines from i'm guessing a more definite edge on the red? and a light edge on the blue?
The blue lines are mainly construction lines. If I don't like a line that's already made, I'll go over it in a different color and try to make the line better looking and then erase the previous line. If that makes sense.

Definitely interesting, looking quite good so far.
Don't believe there's much to comment on though. Can we see your reference?
The reference I used was a screenshot from GTA SA using a modded car. It's the only way to get a good reference image, in my opinion.
http://i.imgur.com/xsygT.png

I've decided to scrap the one in green however. I was trying to work on the interior earlier and the seats that I was going to put in didn't align properly at all with the rest of the car, so I'm going to retry doing the outline with the blue version.

Boonzeet
26-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Mate, I'm pretty harsh when it comes to critiquing pixel art, but DAMN that is some fine line work. I hope your colouring lives up to your line work because that's amazing. I'd kill to colour that beast.

+rep

Habbies
26-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Nice art +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!