Samantha
24-08-2011, 11:47 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2jb02o7.pngOriginal

http://i55.tinypic.com/30vdj5k.png Recoloured

CC please!

David
25-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Yeah looks great :D

though maybe I'm just tired, but I had to look close to define the shadows at some parts?

Bails
25-08-2011, 01:16 AM
I Love It! :O

Oh, It's a Fire Engine! :D

Eric
25-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice :) looks like a fire truck lol

Elegance
25-08-2011, 10:41 AM
fire truck :D. looks really good! :)

ChloeeBALDWIN
25-08-2011, 12:02 PM
cool beans (:

Perkele
25-08-2011, 01:23 PM
What I'm saying now is not aimed towards you, but towards everyone who regularly posts recolours: Recolouring is the most basic thing in terms of pixelart and requires pretty much no skills. It can be done in less than a minute and with the help of programs and is as such not considered as actual pixelart. Recolouring is something you probably should learn in order to make some proper pixel art, but pleeease, don't post every single thing you recoloured in the forum. If you do it for the first time, fair enough. But then other forum members should give constructive criticism instead of just saying "OMG this is awesome!!!!11" - because it isn't. Don't feel flattered if people give similar comments to your recolours.

Now, sorry for abusing your thread for this, but this really needed to be said. Not too long ago, the Habbox-Forums were known for some of the finest Habbo pixel art among Habbos worldwide and I think it's a pity that this is not the case anymore. Since I'm not only here to complain, i want to give some constructive criticism too. The main problem in your case, Kfnx, is, that there's pretty much no contrast between the single reds. Compare it to the original bus: You can tell which colours are darker and which are brighter. Your bus seems to be made of one red, there are no shadows visible. I quickly changed the contrast of the reds in order to show you what I mean:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8100/schoolbus.png
As you can see, you also forgot to recolour some parts of it (or at least you recoloured them with two different shades), as shown in the green circle. I hope you understand what I'm talking about; when recolouring, make sure that everything but the colour stays the same as in the original image. And sorry for abusing your thread again.

Samantha
25-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I fancied doing a recolour so I posted it when I finished. I've been doing graphics for a while so you speak to me as though it's all new to me, it's not. I can do more advanced things but I prefer doing simpler things but I do like your CC I noticed afterwards they weren't really different but I didn't have time to rectify, again though I'm glad you gave proper CC and not random words which will not help me much. Thanks for taking the time to analyse the recolour I appreciate it. I'd post recolours if I hadn't posted in a while and there was a lot of them but a few were posting so I did, thanks again :D!

geo
26-08-2011, 03:22 PM
OMG this is awesome!!!!11

;)

Lamz
27-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Its nice Sam... Only thing is... the inside of the bus is still yellow... I don't think it is possible to edit that :S (still a pixel art noob) but yh i like it :D

Samantha
27-08-2011, 10:37 PM
OMG Lamar I never noticed haha, erm that could be rectified it'd just have to look like a reflection because of the windows :P!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!