PDA

View Full Version : WLM 2011 - Multiple Sessions

Calvin
27-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey

I've recently upgraded to Windows Live 2011 and I absolutely hate it. Does anybody know if I can downgrade to the previous version somehow or use multiple sessions at once?

xxMATTGxx
27-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Hey

I've recently upgraded to Windows Live 2011 and I absolutely hate it. Does anybody know if I can downgrade to the previous version somehow or use multiple sessions at once?

You may as well get used to it, I said that when I first tried it/seen it but have been using it since and can only complain a few times.

I believe http://apatch.org/downloads/ is what you are looking for in terms of being able to sign in two or more accounts at once, yeah?

Recursion
27-08-2011, 09:11 AM
You get used to it and there's really no point in downgrading, you'll only be forced to upgrade again.

DPS
27-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Just stick it out, i kept going back to older versions, and after a while they froze my email, and it wouldnt let me sign into any old msn programes.

FlyingJesus
27-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Not sure if it works for going down from 2011 but when I wanted to use 7.5 instead of WLM on my dad's slow computer it would always tell me to upgrade again once installed - unless you made it run in compatibilty mode for an older OS that won't work with WLM. It may therefore be possible to downgrade to build 14 (what I'm using atm on XP) and run it in compatibility mode for XP as you can't get 2011 on this. Worth a shot perhaps as I've only heard bad things about WLM 2011

Calvin
27-08-2011, 08:54 PM
You may as well get used to it, I said that when I first tried it/seen it but have been using it since and can only complain a few times.

I believe http://apatch.org/downloads/ is what you are looking for in terms of being able to sign in two or more accounts at once, yeah?

You get used to it and there's really no point in downgrading, you'll only be forced to upgrade again.

Just stick it out, i kept going back to older versions, and after a while they froze my email, and it wouldnt let me sign into any old msn programes.

Not sure if it works for going down from 2011 but when I wanted to use 7.5 instead of WLM on my dad's slow computer it would always tell me to upgrade again once installed - unless you made it run in compatibilty mode for an older OS that won't work with WLM. It may therefore be possible to downgrade to build 14 (what I'm using atm on XP) and run it in compatibility mode for XP as you can't get 2011 on this. Worth a shot perhaps as I've only heard bad things about WLM 2011After other people telling me that it will only force you to upgrade again, I've thought it's not worth the hassle and I'm getting a little bit used to it already haha but the only problem I had was using multiple sessions but the link Matt posted worked fantastically.

+REP.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!