PDA

View Full Version : Server = Rubbish?

GoldenMerc
27-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Its always up and down, why haven't you moved yet?
Ross

Mark
27-08-2011, 02:01 PM
It's a question that's been on everyone's mind for a long time but I think it's only Jin that can answer this question

GoldenMerc
27-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Im sure Matt will know about it, prob not as much as Jin but still

xxMATTGxx
27-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Im sure Matt will know about it, prob not as much as Jin but still

I'm not sure what you want to know really but Habbox can only move servers or host, if Jin was here to do so and that's what he wanted.

GoldenMerc
27-08-2011, 02:14 PM
why not text jin
n say
'Come on Habbox n see how rubbish our server is'

xxMATTGxx
27-08-2011, 02:19 PM
why not text jin
n say
'Come on Habbox n see how rubbish our server is'

I'm sure he will see how rubbish the server can be at time when he returns from work in early September. Any major issues are always sent to Jin to see if he can fix them while he is out working at festivals and so on.

Recursion
27-08-2011, 02:32 PM
It's not the server or the host, it's the way Jin's set the server up.

Sharon
27-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Can I also have my 300 posts back from the Graphics forum pls&ty :)

Chippiewill
27-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Just curious.. what spec server is habbox on?

scott
27-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Can I also have my 300 posts back from the Graphics forum pls&ty :)

That will be sorted when Jin is back too!

Richie
27-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Meh it goes now and then and it's annoying but not much can be done when you're trying to explain to a bunch of stubborn people that the server is ****e.

Chippiewill
27-08-2011, 08:10 PM
when Jin is back too!

I wish that someone would actually bother pressuring Jin into getting somebody to manage the servers on a regular basis.

GommeInc
27-08-2011, 10:11 PM
I wish that someone would actually bother pressuring Jin into getting somebody to manage the servers on a regular basis.
Or just get someone to do it who has a full-time job managing servers. DIY server management never works if you do not have the time or, what people seem to be suggesting here, the skills for the job :/

nvrspk4
28-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Tbf I'm pretty sure it's the time not the skills. Jin is pretty good with the servers, but in the summer he is busy working his festival circuit. We've had some pretty idiotic server managers before, and many of our problem back then were due to their idiocy. Once they were told to reformat HabboxForum, which we took a backup of personally just in case they were dumb and forgot to (they were supposed to, and instead reformatted Habbox without even taking a backup. +1

beth
28-08-2011, 01:57 AM

you are obviously not to familiar with jin ;) no-one pressures him into anything. in all fairness, we do this thread every 3 months and we've been doing it for the last however many years. the bottom line is jin will fix it when he has time. these guys here can't say anymore than that. and obviously we should respect the fact that jin is away working. he pays for habbox's upkeep and doesn't make any profit from it. it'll be fixed eventually.

james,
28-08-2011, 03:00 AM
It is true. I have Habbox's server. Its either slow or down, gets annoying.

Thomas
28-08-2011, 08:12 AM
What does Seirk or w/e do?

Mark
28-08-2011, 08:41 AM
It is true. I have Habbox's server. Its either slow or down, gets annoying.

What? :S

What does Seirk or w/e do?

From what I believe sierk is still happy to fund Habbox if Jin is.

Thomas
28-08-2011, 08:56 AM
ah right ok

Recursion
28-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Just curious.. what spec server is habbox on?

I don't remember it exactly, but it was overkill iirc.

Showder
28-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Jin hasn't been online for awhile did he?

Chippiewill
28-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Tbf I'm pretty sure it's the time not the skills. Jin is pretty good with the servers, but in the summer he is busy working his festival circuit. We've had some pretty idiotic server managers before, and many of our problem back then were due to their idiocy. Once they were told to reformat HabboxForum, which we took a backup of personally just in case they were dumb and forgot to (they were supposed to, and instead reformatted Habbox without even taking a backup. +1
I agree, Jin does not have the time to sort out these problems, that's why he should find someone who's competent who can sort out these problems.

you are obviously not to familiar with jin ;) no-one pressures him into anything.
Yeah, no-one does. Maybe they should try?

these guys here can't say anymore than that. and obviously we should respect the fact that jin is away working. he pays for habbox's upkeep and doesn't make any profit from it. it'll be fixed eventually.
You don't quite realise that Jin does not have the time to fix anything except major problems. We've had a caching measure in place since the last time things went wrong.

Jin hasn't been online for awhile did he?
He'll come on if there's a major problem.. short of that, we wait.

Calvin
29-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Was gone down for about 30 minutes just then, and now it's going up and down..

Slowpoke
29-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I haven't been as much recently purely because sometimes the site just doesn't load for me. Looks quite bad on me aswell considering I'm a moderator :P

Suspective
29-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Its touch and go at the moment whether or not the forum will load.

Hopefully Jin will put something in place when he's back. :P

beth
29-08-2011, 01:50 PM
i haven't had THAT many problems (except for about half an hour ago really). apart from the general 2am back-up server stuff (which has happened for years) it's all been good for me.

Richie
29-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Shrek and :Jim: need to drop whatever they are doing in real life and fix the servers, if it means losing their job, so be it.

Na but in all seriousness this thread isn't going to go anywhere it will always be the same stubborn answer "Wait for Jim, Jim will fix it"

Recursion
29-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Problem is, downtime like those 30 minutes, often enough, can be what kills a community.

Oh well, there's no telling Jin.

Yupt
29-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Jin will be at Reading still probs.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!