PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2011

Ardemax
27-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi

How on earth do you change the tempo your team plays within FM11? I want my team to play a slow tempo, but I can't change it anywhere, suggestions anyone? (Newbie question!)

EDIT: How do you make your team play a narrow/wide width aswell? Thanks!

NVM I found it under "Advanced".

I am stupid. Forgive me.

But anyway, seeing how we're on the topic, any advice for playing FM11? :P

Brody
27-08-2011, 04:35 PM
What team are you doing a season with? a great forum for football manager is www.fm-base.co.uk they have loads of advice and tips and what not.

some general advice is to make sure you change your players are suited to their player roles, make sure your best set piece takers are taking free kicks corners etc playing the right philosophy against the opposition team as well. giving the right team talks as well and also making sure you give good opposition instructions most of the time if you have a good assistant then it will be ok but just make sure you pick out the oppositions key players and give them some instructions like to close them down etc

Ardemax
27-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Cheers for that.

Well I was managing Arsenal, but things took a turn for the worse (after signing some pretty decent players, according to the board) and I saw an opening at Swansea, so yeah, I'm running things at the Swans.

It's weird because I'm never really harsh with the players, and we do alright from time to time, but their morale is always, Okay - Poor - Very Poor. Any tips on improving that?

Brody
27-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Morale is one of the most important things in the game on fm really. once its low its pretty hard to get back up really it comes directly from the results so if you win your players morale will go up. team talks are important too dont be too overexpectant on your team for home games generally use the team talk for the fans. for away games if its a derby game (say cardiff if your swansea ) use for the fans. but for most other games go with either you can win tonight or wish the players luck. when the players morale is low another good way to build it up is to have private chats with the player sometimes this improves their morale. so if they get the highest rating in the team then talk to them and say they played well. look at players who have also been playing poorly say under a 6 rating and have a talk with them and tell them they need to improve as well. also if players get sent off or skip training make sure you warn or fine them. and on match preparation make sure you have it focussed on team blend so the players get used to playing your formation.

Ardemax
27-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Cheers broski!

But I keep getting a few messages like "blah blah is having problems blending in" and "blah is having serious problems blending in"

Confused. haha

Matthew
28-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Cheers broski!

But I keep getting a few messages like "blah blah is having problems blending in" and "blah is having serious problems blending in"

Confused. haha
I got those too at the start, but they disappeared towards the end of the season (I played them a lot and they/my team was very successful)

I think as long as you play them regularly and they are performing well, then the message will go away :)

Ardemax
28-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Cool. Because Brendan Rogers was sacked for doing so badly (so realistic right, haha) and the Swans were in the relegation places, they called me in, and I've managed to go up 2 places and back down 2 places in about 2 months. haha.

Ardemax
28-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know how to make your teams better at playing better teams? Like I get messages saying that "we tend to be overawed" or "we dont play aswell against better teams" and the same goes for lower teams.

Confused. haha

Adam
29-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Get a better team? The game isn't hard lol.

I'm currently in 2070 with Doncaster Rovers and have been in the Premier League since first season always competing for the title and won Champs League on many occasions. Get your backroom staff up to date and decentish and you'll be fine.

Ardemax
29-08-2011, 10:36 AM
They're doing better now, haha.

No need to brag! :P

Can you have more than one assistant manager? And how do I do a staff search? lol

Adam
29-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Some chairmen allow you to have more than 1 but it's very rare.

Same way you do a player search but for staff.

Ardemax
29-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Alright cheers.

It's going to be a tough one to let me Asst. Mng. go, but he's not the best.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!