PDA

View Full Version : VMAs

Vinnie:Safety
29-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Pretty ******* awesome , my first time watching it, i loved it!

Threads merged by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator) since they both concerning the same subject

Judas
29-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I actually quite enjoyed it, it was slightly messy but they usually are lol. Definitely better than last year's.

Lady Gaga + Beyonce owned the night tbh

Eric
29-08-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.mtv.com/content/ontv/vma/2011/photos/flipbooks/11-full-fashion-recap/promo-crops/beyonce-katy-nicki//561x401.jpg
http://cdn02.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/miley-cyrus-2011-mtv-vmas-video-music-awards-08282011-0lead.jpg

Ok first let's talk about the fashion!
At the VMA, Katy Perry showed up in a cheongsam-inspired dress by Atelier Versace. She completed her look with a paper parasol!

Beyonce looked amazing in an orange one-shoulder gown by Lanvin while Nicki Minaj was just plain silly in this ensemble.

Miley Cyrus ? The Roberto Cavalli dress is really confusing , leopart print on the top half and floral print on the bottom. lol

So, Lady Gaga picked up two awards and Katy Perry won three, including video of the year. Beyonce revealed her pregnancy. Last year it was Lady Gaga's meat dress and the year before the Kanye West and Taylor Swift speech mishap. But nobody saw the Beyonce's pregnancy coming, except her husband Jay-Z. In the audience, Jay-Z was congratulated by Kanye West and he gave Beyonce a big wave. On Twitter, one ardent fan had already started an account, http://twitter.com/#/BeyJayFetus, and it had more than 900 followers.

Lady Gaga opened the VMAs singing her song You And I and dressed in drag as her male alter ego, Jo Calderone. She stayed in the fictional character throughout the program and accepted awards for best female video and best message video for her song, Born This Way.

The other big winner of the night was Katy Perry. who took home video of the year, the night's top prize, with her song and video for Firework.

Here's the list :

VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Katy Perry, “Firework”

BEST FEMALE VIDEO
Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”

BEST NEW ARTIST
Tyler, The Creator, “Yonkers”

BEST MALE VIDEO
Justin Bieber, “U Smile”

BEST COLLABORATION
Katy Perry featuring Kanye West, “E.T.”

BEST HIP-HOP VIDEO
Nicki Minaj, “Super Bass”

BEST ROCK VIDEO
Foo Fighters, “Walk”

BEST POP VIDEO
Britney Spears, “Till the World Ends”

BEST VIDEO WITH A MESSAGE
Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”

BEST DIRECTOR
Adele, “Rolling in the Deep” (Director: Sam Brown)

BEST CHOREOGRAPHY
Beyoncé, “Run the World (Girls)”

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Katy Perry featuring Kanye West, “E.T.”

BEST ART DIRECTION
Adele, “Rolling in the Deep”

BEST EDITING

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

Threads merged by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator) since they both concerning the same subject

Slowpoke
29-08-2011, 03:10 PM
The Britney tribute was poor to say the least. It was such a letdown after hearing the rumours that various artists would be covering her songs. Such is life I suppose. Britney VMA rumours seem to surface every year

wixard
29-08-2011, 03:36 PM
what the **** was nicki minaj thinking

Judas
29-08-2011, 03:43 PM
For people in the UK that haven't watched the show, it airs tonight on MTV at 9pm. :)

The Britney tribute was poor to say the least. It was such a letdown after hearing the rumours that various artists would be covering her songs. Such is life I suppose. Britney VMA rumours seem to surface every year

I thought Gaga was quite rude for taking up Brit's speech time, but it turns out that whole segment was scripted with Gaga and Britney's team together and rehearsed multiple times, so basically yeah it was just ****. Made me laugh, but it wasn't exactly doing what it was supposed to do, pay tribute to her.

what the **** was nicki minaj thinking

Oh my gosh I know. Why is she wearing that thing over her face? :S

Slowpoke
29-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Why was Lady Gaga staring at her for like 30 seconds? It was so awkward to watch

Judas
29-08-2011, 03:50 PM
I think she was supposed to be like, eyeing her up. It was all rehearsed though.

Slowpoke
29-08-2011, 03:55 PM
It looked a mess and totally awkward in my opinion :P

Judas
29-08-2011, 04:04 PM
It looked a mess and totally awkward in my opinion :P

Yeah, it was very awkward, but I find awkward situations hilarious

Smits
29-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Nicki Minaj...... what the hell?

Definitely watching this tonight xD

Sharon
29-08-2011, 04:49 PM
tbh whoever posted that list of the winners should spoiler that i havent watched it yet

Muct
30-08-2011, 02:56 AM
The awkward moment between GaGa and Britney was because GaGa was going to move in for a kiss. (it was all obviously rehearsed though like Judas said)
I was pretty dissapointed with the Britney tribute, she deserved SOO much more!!!

Judas
30-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Does anyone else think Justin Bieber looked like a well-educated lesbian in her mid-40s?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/339320/JUSTIN-BIEBER.jpg

kasi
30-08-2011, 06:59 PM
only reason i watched this year is to see tyler win his vma

beth
30-08-2011, 07:14 PM
lil wayne went hard hahaha. alsoalsoalso: the amy winehouse thing looked completely false, completely fake. russell brand trivalised it far too much, he's not even funny anymore. it's just cringe.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!