PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Count Dracula - Continuation

.:Sindrolic:.
31-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey everybody im back again, I couldnt be bothered with the superman S, its just ridiculous to shape and ive decided to go back to another old Alteration of mine. Obviously its Count Dracula, one of my favourites. Heres the first design that I was happy with:

http://i55.tinypic.com/33oque1.jpg

And here is the version I have been working on. Not completely finished yet, im thinking of adding a background and other things that I will hopefully think of on my way. But here is the newest version:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qxp2bk.jpg

Thanks, give it a rate and comments are welcome :)

Zuth
31-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow these are really nice, obviously the second one is much better and I can see alot of hard work has gone into this!

+REP

31-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Ahaha thank you very much, yeah im surprised at how much I have retained after not doing pixel art for so long. Thanks heaps :)

Kaytti
31-08-2011, 05:12 PM
It's great, I find using dark colours is hard as they all look the same so kudos for your choice of shades too. +rep

:odey:
08-09-2011, 09:59 PM
I love this,
Definitely give that a 9 out of 10,
The hair is absolutely perfect...

The only thing I have a problem with, is the hand looks too bright, and slightly out of place! But apart from that, great work :D

Rainbow
10-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Very nice :D +rep

Vernier
19-09-2011, 04:11 PM
That's a very good alt! Well done! :)

David.

-Amyy
19-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Aw this is great! I love the shading in the hair :)

geo
20-09-2011, 06:29 AM
That's nice but I agree with Tom, the hand looks too bright!

Is it meant to be a glove? :P

orientalframe?
20-09-2011, 06:31 AM
A wonderful alt there!!! Fab work, +rep :P

Circadia
20-09-2011, 05:29 PM
That's really good :) but for it too look even better save it as .PNG next time :)

dbgtz
20-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm so confused how this post actually got praise when the quality is so bad? No offense but it should be a png first and foremost and to be honest it frustrates me how people can produce awesome **** and get little praise but something like this gets so much praise. Don't get me wrong, it looks like it would be OK for the most part if it was in a decent quality but it's like getting a section of a question in a maths exam wrong, getting one number wrong (in this case, the image format) and then the whole thing turns out with errors.

Nick
21-09-2011, 11:35 AM
I like it but its the format itself that lets it down.

I'm so confused how this post actually got praise when the quality is so bad? No offense but it should be a png first and foremost and to be honest it frustrates me how people can produce awesome **** and get little praise but something like this gets so much praise. Don't get me wrong, it looks like it would be OK for the most part if it was in a decent quality but it's like getting a section of a question in a maths exam wrong, getting one number wrong (in this case, the image format) and then the whole thing turns out with errors.

I couldn't aggree more

21-09-2011, 12:06 PM
D:,
It says its saved as a bitmap file on my usb, thats hell wierd, I am quite confused.

But im pretty sure thats fairly harsh, just saying. Its obvious you can see I took a fair while to do it, just because the file type is wrong doesnt meen I should recieve credit and praise.

And nah the hand isnt covered with a glove :)

Samantha
21-09-2011, 04:33 PM
It says its saved as a bitmap file on my usb, thats hell wierd, I am quite confused.

But im pretty sure thats fairly harsh, just saying. Its obvious you can see I took a fair while to do it, just because the file type is wrong doesnt meen I should recieve credit and praise.

Comments are welcome

It's not harsh you just prefer getting comments like 'it's amazing' or something along the lines of it. Take dbgtz CC on board as it works wonders for you!

However, in a way a bitmap image would have still detered the quality PNG!!!!

It's ok, better than what I could do but quality lacks :)!

dbgtz
21-09-2011, 06:40 PM

No offense, but how you mention credit and praise is quite laughable considering comments are welcome yet you fight against mine, despite being pretty much the only one telling it as it is. I mean, I put effort into what ever I do and yet I do not expect tons of praise. You do not learn from people saying "DATS WEL GUD" when there are huge errors, and if those errors destroy the whole thing then it doesn't mean it will still be good, especially when I don't paticularly like it as the errors are fatal such as the hair not actually looking symetrical, the arm going out seems to close to the body and of course the wrong file format.

21-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah of course I would love to have good comments about my work, but then again there is stuff that I dont do as well and of course I am going to be slightly at odds with a comment about the save format if its been changed for some reason. So I am sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you Dbgtz. But thank you for the comments, you're right that the image quality has be reduced looking back at it now and I will be sure to save my files as png from now on, and figure out how to stop my images from changing to jpeg (my other alts have been changed to jpeg too) :(.

" especially when I don't paticularly like it as the errors are fatal such as the hair not actually looking symetrical, the arm going out seems to close to the body and of course the wrong file format. "

But this in particular would have been best to be said from the start and I wouldve been happy, thanks :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!