PDA

View Full Version : Xperi Mini Pro

Kieron
31-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Anyone have the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro?
Im on the verge of buying it next month and i want to know more...and cbb to read reviews from sites...so personal reviews would be nices xD

but...whats the battery life like?:)

Kieron

Kieron
31-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Also, i have been told its pretty slow...is this true?:S

Casanova
31-08-2011, 10:51 PM
it's pretty brand new, had no advertising yet.
you'd be hard pressed to find many users.

Kieron
31-08-2011, 10:56 PM
it's pretty brand new, had no advertising yet.
you'd be hard pressed to find many users.

Good point :)
im hoping to get it on contract if i can get it on my dads card...but he already has 2 contracts on that card with are £35/month each...so may have to goto PAYG :S

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:01 PM
if he got them on two different networks he'd be fine.
if he got both more than six months ago, he's fine.
if he has a fantastic credit rating, he's fine!

as long as he pays his bills, it doesn't matter.
Most retailers allow 2 contracts per every six months.

Personally, I have six.

Kieron
31-08-2011, 11:03 PM
there both orange contracts, and mine would be a third, they started 2 years ago, but got renewed 2 weeks ago

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:04 PM
orange would most likely give him two contracts if he wanted.
unless he's missed a bill within the last six months, they'd give him one.
if he missed one within the last three months, he'd get none.

Kieron
31-08-2011, 11:06 PM
ooo...mam just said i can do it on here card as long as i give her the money in advance, kerching sorted ;)
i really like the look of that phone but im going to wait for some reviews before i get it xD

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I've had a good look and go of one, I really enjoy it.
Their android over-lay is extremely polished like HTC sense 3.0 is; it's really nice and smooth.

I'd go for it personally.

Kieron
31-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I was looking at HTC phones but i dont like them...due to everyone has them, and i dont like touchscreens, i know the xperi is touchscreen but also has a slide out qwerty pad :P
+ thanks for help i +rep'd you :)

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Thank you, kind of you to do so.
I use a HTC. They're indeed fantastic, reliable phones. They are a tad over-priced but keep in mind all of their mid line range (and some bargain basement!) at least meet most iPhone specs. They're fantastic value.

For a nice little pocketrocket, you've chose a good phone, fast, enjoyable, versatile, smooth, reliable.
The great thing about the Xperia range's overlay - UXP is more open for upgrades. A major issue for the starting line such as x10, x10i x10m was that they were complex to work around. Now they've ensured that as soon as android updates, their's is ready to go (except for network branded devices).

Kieron
31-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Thank you, kind of you to do so.
I use a HTC. They're indeed fantastic, reliable phones. They are a tad over-priced but keep in mind all of their mid line range (and some bargain basement!) at least meet most iPhone specs. They're fantastic value.

For a nice little pocketrocket, you've chose a good phone, fast, enjoyable, versatile, smooth, reliable.
The great thing about the Xperia range's overlay - UXP is more open for upgrades. A major issue for the starting line such as x10, x10i x10m was that they were complex to work around. Now they've ensured that as soon as android updates, their's is ready to go (except for network branded devices).

I know htc are good...as i said dont like touchscreens :((
and i was looking at the x10 mini pro, but the xperia mini pro is better xD

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah, even camera alone it's worth it.
I know what you mean - I miss my qwerty!

Kieron
31-08-2011, 11:44 PM
I have gone from LGGW300 > Blackberry 8520 > i really cant leave qwerty its just the best hahah, and yeah
5mp camera, its dual camera, has flash etc aswell :)

GommeInc
01-09-2011, 12:46 AM
My mum has the Xperia Mini Pro, it's a pretty good phone but if you want to use apps on a regular basis then I'd stay clear of it. It's a fast phone, and manages to hold its battery power.

Jack!
01-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Its not new at all? Its been out a long time.

Its okay, but its a lot smaller then you expect, so its a no go for apps or anything.

Kieron
01-09-2011, 12:49 AM
I will be using apps like twitter, forum runner and facebook regularly xD

GommeInc
01-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Its not new at all? Its been out a long time.

Its okay, but its a lot smaller then you expect, so its a no go for apps or anything.
I got confused by this too :P There's the Xperia Mini Pro (new) and the Xperia X10 Mini Pro (old). Still, the screen is a bit too small for Apps so best to get something bigger :P

Kieron
01-09-2011, 12:56 AM
I understand its a small phone, it fits in the palm of a adult hand xD, but i wont be using the touch screen much so thats not an issue, all i need is to be able to read text and its fine xD

---------- Post added 01-09-2011 at 02:10 AM ----------

To show size:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2r5pzt3.jpg

Recursion
01-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Good point :)
im hoping to get it on contract if i can get it on my dads card...but he already has 2 contracts on that card with are £35/month each...so may have to goto PAYG :S

Don't see any problem, so long as he's paid all his previous contracts on time and has a half ok credit rating. We have four contracts on one account here, used to be more till my bro moved out.

Kieron
01-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I never knew you could have so many accounts i thought there was a a limit, we've just payed for a holiday next year, so cant on his but as stated above, will do it on my mams ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!