PDA

View Full Version : MW3 hardened edition

dbgtz
31-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Leaked image, looks pretty legit imo.
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2011/08/hardened_edition-660x492.jpg

I wonder how much it'll cost because of COD XP for a year.

Chris
31-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Nice find, this is actually very tempting. :P

dbgtz
31-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Nice find, this is actually very tempting. :P

Tbh if it is £70 like previous hardened edition, it would be an easy buy for me as compared to the black ops and mw2 one, this has much better value to it (albeit not much of a collectors edition considering heavy dlc). Although Robert Bowling said that no prestige edition has been announced (although I do believe there will be as there is a blue box-like structure behind the hardened edition in the picture on the other thread, also the tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/106406523277815808 ). So, maybe it's just one expensive one... Hmm well we will find out in like 2 days.

Chris
31-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Tbh if it is £70 like previous hardened edition, it would be an easy buy for me as compared to the black ops and mw2 one, this has much better value to it (albeit not much of a collectors edition considering heavy dlc). Although Robert Bowling said that no prestige edition has been announced (although I do believe there will be as there is a blue box-like structure behind the hardened edition in the picture on the other thread, also the tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/106406523277815808 ). So, maybe it's just one expensive one... Hmm well we will find out in like 2 days.

Perhaps, but then again this is Activision we're talking about so they'll try and milk anything they can from COD. :P

samsaBEAR
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
if it's £70 ill probably get it, i know ill get the DLC anyway so getting this seems like a decent saving

dbgtz
03-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Only £90 -.- The rate we get it for is so ridiculous, it's $100 in America yet £90 over here where really it should just be over £60, where the hell does the extra money go? Infact I just realised that the American ones have tax added depending on the state if I remember correctly :L But yeah.

Ardemax
03-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Can't you just order from America? I did that with a mouse, but I guess it's not really the same thing haha.

I remember a thread like this pretty much every year before COD comes out, and tbh, everyone is quite hyped up and then after like a month or two after release, the interest factor has just gone.

Soooooo it's not for me... basically.

samsaBEAR
03-09-2011, 10:36 AM
im in two minds, as much as i say like 'ill never buy MW3' blah blah, i know i will get it, and play it whether it's megafun or not, i also know i'll get all the DLC because i'm a sucker like that. £90 is a quite a bit to spend on a game i may or may not enjoy, but if i do enjoy it lots, i get the DLC for a lot cheaper.
i guess it's down to whether i trust IW to actually release four map packs rather than two haha

dbgtz
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
im in two minds, as much as i say like 'ill never buy MW3' blah blah, i know i will get it, and play it whether it's megafun or not, i also know i'll get all the DLC because i'm a sucker like that. £90 is a quite a bit to spend on a game i may or may not enjoy, but if i do enjoy it lots, i get the DLC for a lot cheaper.
i guess it's down to whether i trust IW to actually release four map packs rather than two haha

Well I'm thinking it that if there are monthly updates for elite, then it must be at least 12 maps = 2 1/2 map packs in theory but these updates may just be game modes. Still I think at least 3 map packs for ~£11. So all in all it will be ~£80 as I'm guessing elite will be £35 anyway (and you can get the norm game for at least £45). The theme/avatar would probs be ~£1.49 making it £81.49. Then there is obviously the book and steelbook to considering aswell so only really if there are 4 map packs do you get a decent amount of content for the price. The problem is though, that the actual RRP is £55 so with elite being £35 estimated the money should be worth the £90 already, but all the shops lower it by around £10 for consoles :P

I wonder if were going to see a prestige edition.

samsaBEAR
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Well I'm thinking it that if there are monthly updates for elite, then it must be at least 12 maps = 2 1/2 map packs in theory but these updates may just be game modes. Still I think at least 3 map packs for ~£11. So all in all it will be ~£80 as I'm guessing elite will be £35 anyway (and you can get the norm game for at least £45). The theme/avatar would probs be ~£1.49 making it £81.49. Then there is obviously the book and steelbook to considering aswell so only really if there are 4 map packs do you get a decent amount of content for the price. The problem is though, that the actual RRP is £55 so with elite being £35 estimated the money should be worth the £90 already, but all the shops lower it by around £10 for consoles :P

I wonder if were going to see a prestige edition.
Ah I forgot about monthly updates, but then they'd surely have to be maps, bringing out game modes for only COD Elite people seems a bit unfair. Maybe the monthly updates are like special weapon camos/callsigns, and then you get the DLC whenever it comes out? in all honesty i'll probably get this package, but untill i get all the DLC, i'll feel guilty about it :D

dbgtz
03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Ah I forgot about monthly updates, but then they'd surely have to be maps, bringing out game modes for only COD Elite people seems a bit unfair. Maybe the monthly updates are like special weapon camos/callsigns, and then you get the DLC whenever it comes out? in all honesty i'll probably get this package, but untill i get all the DLC, i'll feel guilty about it :D

Elite people just get it the basic dlc first whereas the normies get it on the 2 month basis (roughly). I think, if I remember reading it correctly, those with founder status get a camo and some other ****.

Chris
03-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Decided against getting it because of the ridiculous price. Not fussed about elite and I'll just buy the DLC separately when it comes out.

Accipiter
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
You have to purchase Elite?

Sorry but when I pay for live i'm not going the extra mile to pay for something else other than the game itself.

Oleh
08-09-2011, 02:53 PM
You have to purchase Elite?

Sorry but when I pay for live i'm not going the extra mile to pay for something else other than the game itself.

Well seeing as it's a monthly fee... That was established quite a while ago.
The features you pay for are as follows

DLC (Which can also be bought separately without subscribing.)
Video series with Will Arnett and Jason Bateman
Video series with Ridley and Tony Scott
Participating in events and winning prizes
Leveling up your clan
Eight times the video sharing capacity
Strategy pages on weapons, etc. written by experts
All exclusive clan title cards and emblems
Premium group access

Eight times the video sharing capacity... This is a feature what bungie offers for a fee on its own.
Then there's competitions with PAID prizes. A feature worthy of the £35 price on its own.

Accipiter
08-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Cba with elite then, haven't been keeping up with it but it certainly doesn't sound that appealing to a person like me

Ardemax
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I think to get elite you pretty much have to be playing cod and no other game. haha.

Accipiter
08-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I do that, but not to the extent that I play it 24/7 set up clans and bum its every detail o_o

I want a game just so I can have a casual chill out, MW3 seems to be overcomplicating a lot of things...

dbgtz
08-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm just thinking about elite and the dlc side of it, and if there is monthly dlc, does that mean in the same space of the first year on PS3 will have less DLC then the 360 because of the whole xbox 1 month early thing? Or is it going to be made that all of the map packs will be available in the subscription at one point.

samsaBEAR
08-09-2011, 11:07 PM
It's like £80 on Amazon I think, I'm gonna go for it while I have the money to spare, just in case I can't get the maps when they release separately

Camy
08-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah I can see asda selling this for £70/75, they always undercut the others. Game selling for £80 now aswell.

Ardemax
14-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Amazon now selling for £75.

Can see the price dropping below £70 just before the game is out, though.

dbgtz
14-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Meh I'm happy with game as you get the intel pack too which is quite nice.

Ajthedragon
20-09-2011, 06:26 PM
A bit tempted by it as I haven't treated myself in ages. :(

xdinosaurdaniel
21-10-2011, 02:01 AM
definetly gonna buy this. big mw3 fan.

Zeptis
21-10-2011, 05:53 AM
There will be so many people with all this stuff, I don't see the uniqueness of it

dbgtz
21-10-2011, 03:36 PM
There will be so many people with all this stuff, I don't see the uniqueness of it

Probably why it's labelled as "hardened" rather than "collectors". Really it's just a bundle of MW3/COD Elite with a couple of extras.

-L!NK!N-P@RK-
23-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I asked in Game, they quoted me roughly £80 for the hardened edition.

dbgtz
06-11-2011, 01:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNyU7sBdVi8

Is it me or does that artbook thing look really pathetic and the actual edition is huge for no reason? Packaging is nicer though, I guess.

Oleh
06-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Can't wait till mine comes :D

Everything other than Elite is a bonus for me :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!