PDA

View Full Version : Eviction time for the gypsies at Dale Farm

-:Undertaker:-
31-08-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031921/Anarchists-hijack-travellers-stand-bailiffs-set-bulldoze-illegal-campsite.html
Anarchists hijack the travellers' last stand: Fears of bloody confrontation as bailiffs get set to bulldoze Europe's largest illegal campsite

50 anarchists have already joined travellers at Dale Farm in Crays Hill, Essex

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/31/article-2031921-0DA5E0CC00000578-894_634x286.jpg

Gypsies and bleeding heart supporter gather outside court

Hundreds of anarchists and student protesters are plotting to join the battle against the bulldozing of Europe’s largest illegal traveller camp. Police fear bloody confrontations with bailiffs and officers as outsiders attempt to turn the protest into a politically motivated riot. About 50 anarchists have already joined the 1,000 travellers at Dale Farm and many more are expected over the coming days, say police sources. As the High Court yesterday gave the go-ahead for the camp at Crays Hill, Essex, to be closed down, the travellers were already digging in for a war of attrition.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/31/article-2031921-0DA5FD4000000578-504_634x402.jpg
Bleeding heart: left-winger celebrity Vanessa Redgrave at court attempts to prevent evictions

The site – which the travellers bought and then built on without planning permission – had already been fortified in an attempt to deter forced removals. Officers believe these fortifications are now being strengthened. There is barbed wire and scaffolding at the perimeter and guarded gateways. High-pressure canisters have been stockpiled which could be detonated, causing serious injury or even death.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/30/article-2031921-0DA2406C00000578-424_634x418.jpg
The gypsies may love Dale Farm, but residents at Dale Farm certainly don't love them

Large tyres have been placed at strategic points as barriers – although it is believed these will be doused with petrol and set alight. Travellers had already threatened all-out war if anyone tried to evict them. An Essex police source said: ‘Up to 2,000 people from 30 different groups could turn up, according to intelligence from a number of sources including social networking websites. ‘The residents of Dale Farm won’t be able to control these groups. Some are getting worried about that. There is anxiety that they have created a monster they cannot control. I think some people will come to Dale Farm who will be intent on violence.’

This is excellent news, although how sad that nowadays law-breaking such as this can be allowed to go on under the guise of 'Human Rights' (a direct consquence of our membership of the European Union). Vanessa Redgrave, like most left wingers of course, doesn't have to live next to these people - the residents of Dale Farm do along with the crime that comes with it. I remember the Home and Bargains I know by my Grandads - they told us they had to hire extra security guards because the gypsies (or to use the PC term, 'travellers') kept coming in in big groups robbing the place.

Goodluck to the Police tonight along with the residents.

Thoughts? are the bleeding hearts on here going to come to the defence of these thugs?

Special
31-08-2011, 10:50 PM
sick of hearing about this, should have happened ages ago

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:09 PM
I agree with it.
If they had planning permission, owned the lands and paid the taxation due to their local council's I'd be all for them settling and enjoying their new home.
It annoys me that the travelling community can represent an added strain to local councils (rubbish collections, safety, sanitation, education) without any prior warning or any return in most cases.

I fully agree in "Britain" we should be allowed to live as we want within a fair reason.
Everyone to enjoy their enviroment but within our out-laid rules.

Stop using the term gypsies, stop being so biased and open your mind more.

31-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Stop using the term gypsies, stop being so biased and open your mind more.

I'll consider using traveller instead of gypsy when they start travelling, until then i'll use the the non-PC term.

stop being so biased

Am I biased against a group of people who cause untold miseries to their neighbours and who are mostly a bunch of thugs? you bet it.

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:42 PM
It's the same as blacks, they have spent ages trying to reform people's perception because of a bad few and selective press.
Treat people with the benefit of the doubt.

31-08-2011, 11:48 PM
It's the same as blacks, they have spent ages trying to reform people's perception because of a bad few and selective press.
Treat people with the benefit of the doubt.

No thanks, I think here is a clear example of the kind of people we are dealing with, don't you?

Like Vanessa, I think you should cut the luvvie terms out and think about whether you would like to live with this for years on end.

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear for your suffering, it's not my fault if your family/neighbours are gypsies cos by your terms you have suffered which is why you're being a tad harsh?

I'm simply stating if there was 2k of travellers, I assume at most 10% are the trouble.
Probably the same as most council estates.

Shall we get a fence, cordon them in and just raize them to the ground?

31-08-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear for your suffering, it's not my fault if your family/neighbours are gypsies cos by your terms you have suffered which is why you're being a tad harsh?

I'm simply stating if there was 2k of travellers, I assume at most 10% are the trouble.

No, its quite simply really - we should send in the Police instantly and give them half an hour to move out. If they fail to comply, anyone who refuses to move from land which they do not own nor have ever owned will be arrested. I would also charge the lot of them for the cleanup.

As for the 10%, is that why they are all staying put and refusing to move then? 90% of them law abiding citizens - ha!

Casanova
31-08-2011, 11:59 PM
They're standing up for what you believe in, being a fellow pariah of open-minded discussion and belief I'm sure you could sympathise with their (in some way diluded) belief?

For instance, I'm a believer that gays should be allowed to adopt. I shant, I don't agree with it personally as I don't think it offers the right oppurtunities because I'm not sure how it would affect a child's life depending on the stage of youth they are. I'm gay. It doesn't make me right or wrong?

Stop being so blinkered.

Jordy
31-08-2011, 11:59 PM
It's completely ridiculous to refer to them as "travellers" when they build permanent structures without planning permission and have no intention of moving. After researching the issue I'm yet to see anything suggesting "gypsy" is a derogatory way of describing them and therefore offensive. It seems one day, some Roma people got offended by it and in some circles it's now considered racist.

I just hope there's adequate policing and the police don't get injured for quite simply, doing their job.

£15m well spent for once ;)

01-09-2011, 12:02 AM
They're standing up for what you believe in, being a fellow pariah of open-minded discussion and belief I'm sure you could sympathise with their (in some way diluded) belief?

Stop being so blinkered.

Not when it tramples of the liberties of other people concerning property rights.

scottish
01-09-2011, 12:08 AM

Council estate isn't illegal.

Right thing has been done here, if they refuse to move rubber bullets and take some mother******s down.

Casanova
01-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm glad the riots has benefited us in some sense :)
social housing is greatly flawed too.

Jordy
01-09-2011, 12:24 AM
social housing is greatly flawed too.Of course it's flawed but I'd like you to come up with something Humans have come up with which isn't flawed.

Whilst social housing is far from perfect and of course a real issue, non-moving-travellers are completely illegal, they are criminals without planning permission and that is not disputable. Due to their improper addresses they are also not paying taxes and there is also strong and proven links to crime. They are lawbreakers and do not contribute to the economy other than using up resources. Can this said be said for the vast majority of people who are socially housed? No. Can it be said for the vast majority of travellers? Yes.

It's apples and oranges quite frankly.

GommeInc
01-09-2011, 12:57 AM
I hate the idea behind gypsies/travellers, I don't get what their purpose is other than to cause a mess, burgle and be anti-social. However, I'm little concerned about this move but only if there is nothing else stopping these people setting up camp in peoples gardens and places of natural beauty. If they're going to be stopped everywhere they go and things are done to prevent anymore travellers, then fine - but if they've been kicked out it only means they are going to settle somewhere else they are not wanted, which many people in Essex are concerned about (but the media naturally won't report on such a concern ;))

Niall!
01-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Right, so they've set up defenses that could kill someone if they tried to evict them?

To hell with them, they are all clearly mentally unstable. Go in all guns blazing.

Red
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Well if they don't want to 'travel', then they should have to go through the process of getting planning permission and paying tax like every other person but I do sympathise with them as well. Its kinda sad how their community is going to split up and ruined.

GommeInc
01-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Well if they don't want to 'travel', then they should have to go through the process of getting planning permission and paying tax like every other person but I do sympathise with them as well. Its kinda sad how their community is going to split up and ruined.
They could of prevented this :P If they liked where they were, they should of applied to be decent citizens of this country and just buy the land and go through the appropriate planning stages. I wouldn't be surprised they were originally travellers, liked the spot, liked the people they lived with and forgot what their original purpose was. They could of stopped all of this had they made any attempt to integrate with society, but for some reason they've gone against such an idea and just want to fight a battle they will clearly lose and they have no one else to blame but themselves.

Technologic
01-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Gypsies stole my friends horses lol

Also, it's their fault for not getting permission

DPS
01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Moving them on, will just piss more people off? lol so gg essex council, your going to anoy so many people.

Dont see why they cant stay there, they aint doing anything wrong.

FlyingJesus
01-09-2011, 03:03 PM
they aint doing anything wrong.

Yes they are

DPS
01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes they are

Well imo they aint.

FlyingJesus
01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Evading tax and costing councils thousands in policing, peacekeeping, and eventually eviction isn't anything wrong? Not to mention all the other crime and aggression that's associated with travellers

Catzsy
01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
If there is evidence that they are harrassing the neighbours and being generally extremely anti social then I feel they should go the same as anybody else who is evicted for this. I know there is quite a bit of negative stereotyping as far as gypsys/travellers etc but there is also a genuine reason why it happens with what some do. Also there seemed to be a complete disregard of the planning regulations which we all have to abide by. Only problem is that somebody else will have to put up with them if they are evicted.

Ajthedragon
01-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Send in Brainiac.

I don't understand why they were allowed to settle there in the first place.

Smits
01-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Go in with a tank, destroy the place and kick them all out. They've had enough time to leave, but chose not to, should have happened a long time ago!

Jordy
01-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Send in Brainiac.

I don't understand why they were allowed to settle there in the first place.They weren't :L - Travellers just turn up one day and that's that, in this case they've bought the land it seems which is something at least but it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with the land.

Ajthedragon
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
They weren't :L - Travellers just turn up one day and that's that, in this case they've bought the land it seems which is something at least but it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with the land.

Why not remove them immediately?

Jordy
01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Why not remove them immediately?Various issues such as court orders and appeals processes I imagine. Plus the permanant structures which require the planning permission wouldn't of appeared as soon as the travellers did.

Niall!
02-09-2011, 06:37 PM
It's much the same story as people who've had their homes taken over by squatters. To many laws that help scum like this.

Wig44.
11-09-2011, 03:28 PM

For instance, I'm a believer that gays should be allowed to adopt. I shant, I don't agree with it personally as I don't think it offers the right oppurtunities because I'm not sure how it would affect a child's life depending on the stage of youth they are. I'm gay. It doesn't make me right or wrong?

Stop being so blinkered.

Oh **** me. How can you call us, who don't think gypsy scum should be allowed to live off others, close minded? If I had my way they'd all get prison-time, have their caravans, expensive cars and other possessions taken away to pay for the damages and get the children in foster care. If some of them die in the eviction process (by their own fault, no doubt) then so be it.

.Tom.
11-09-2011, 09:37 PM
They should have been evicted years ago... Spending 10 years going through the legal system to remove a group of people blatently breaking the law and causing trouble to locals... Disgraceful!

Evict them and make sure they dont just do the same again

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!