PDA

View Full Version : (Rumour) So, what's cooking? - Guilds & groups

italianvalerio
02-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Taken from habbos facebook notes!
I’ve been playing a lot of Minecraft during the summer and it hit me that we might be lacking something quite important in Habbo. In Minecraft it ‘s very easy and natural to create and build spaces together and to help out if someone needs something in terms of resources. Together with your best friend or with a group of Minecraft nerds, you can build fantastic spaces and incredible buildings.

I know, Habbo is not Minecraft, but could there be something for Habbo in this concept:
In-game groups/guilds with co-op decoration and other perks?

We’ve been thinking about this a lot and now I would love to hear if you would be interested in this kind of feature, what you would like to have in it, and what issues you think we should take into account when designing it.

In the .com User Voice channel, room rights have been on the top of your wish list for a long time. One idea is that you should be able to give rights to your friends more easily and to have 2 levels in room rights: decorative rights and hosting rights.

In addition to basic room rights improvements, with guild concept you could create groups inside the client, design the groups badge and pick team colors for your group. You can set up a base room to your group and decorate it together with the group members. Everyone can drop furniture to the group base, but they will keep ownership of the furniture they’ve added to the base and can pick it up later (a bit like with the web group stickers). The member deco mode can be turned on/ off by the room owner. This would become handy for example, in ready made spaces like restaurants and hospitals where members can work but it makes no sense to change the room looks.

To customize the group the badge editor will get new images and the in-game badge will be shown in users info stand. Colors and badges will also be used to customize group furniture that group members can buy. We're thinking of flags, teleports, furniture, and later on perhaps even clothing such as group hoodies or T-shirts.

What happens to Web groups?
You can keep all your existing web groups, but we‘re hoping you can get more out of Habbo with in-game groups and doing things together in the game. We will be highlighting the in-game groups more in the future and some web features might be going away too; if we create new things, we also have to drop features that are not so popular anymore. For example, in future you might not be able to create groups that are limited to the web anymore.

We can’t wait to hear what you think about this! Please let us know your ideas, comments and concerns!

By,
kielokukka$, Concept Designer

Moved by Suspective (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo News & Rumours' because it is better suited here.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!