PDA

View Full Version : Health, Life and Relationships

@K
03-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I miss this place being for teenagers and adults, all the immature threads are bloody annoying. Where have the grown ups gone? lol. I suppose it is a good thing though, since you don't get the older members posting threads here (rarely), it must mean that there is a lack of problems between us more mature members.

Discuss; should there be a part of this forum just for 17/18+ year old members?
I believe so.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from 'Health Life & Relationships' to here as probably more suitable

Hopeless
03-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I think as you get older you're less likely to want to post your problems on a Habbo fansite :P Everyone has relationship issues but the younger demographic tend to post them more.

Samantha
03-09-2011, 11:07 AM
No, the issue has been brought up time and time again, anyone can easily lie about their age on here and as I remember ShazLouise saying she is mature enough for 18+ forums and can give good feedback to the threads in there so why be ageist when not everyone 17/18+ are mature!

Edit: Just read the post in HLR and you replied:

I am sick of all these childish threads on this part of the forum

Fair enough, not saying I agree or disagree but reading the OP he says he was going back to College meaning he must be what 16-19 year old? Now, how would a forum specifically for 17/18+ year olds work then when he 'posts a childish thread.'

Special
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
would be way too hard to put into action, this is a habbo fan forum so you're not going to find a lot of maturer members

Sharon
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Kfnx you just stole my post and I like it :( Does it make me look silly if I said I'd want access to it if it came although I'm 13 years old? Probably does but I'm not that bothered. You'd be surprised by some of the 17+ people here who act about 11-12 so therefore, age is just a number.

Therefore I am against this.

Hopeless
03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Even though I am against this I do not agree age is just a number. If it was 18+ people would happily engage in sexual discussions which are not suitable for people who are 13. It'd be too hard to prove, if people wanted access they'd get it. The only way to moderate it would make people show some form of ID which is way too risky for a Habbo fansite.

Catzsy
03-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I am a bit torn by this as I can see both sides of the argument, There has been similar calls for Gender forums in the past as well as I guess the problems that male and female are usually different. I would say that if because younger members are posting so much it puts the older members off posting then maybe a split forum in respect of Health, Life and Relationships could possible considered although it would need a high demand of members. At the moment, the answer is not to post in threads that you are not interested in, I feel. Also Shaz and others have come up with some strong arguments that it is not the age but the maturity that counts which are pretty valid points of view.

Red
03-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Well If I ever did have any personal problems, I wouldn't want it on a public habbo forum for anyone to see. I'd just go to my friends for advice. I don't really see the need for a place for older members but I do think gender forums would be good.

Hopeless
03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Gender forums are impossible to moderate. I used ClubHabbo when they had them and stuff was constantly leaked which just saw people get bullied.

The Don
07-09-2011, 08:08 PM
This is a Habbo forum, and though it is unfortunate that this hinders the possible topics older members can discuss, this forum isn't really the place for those sorts of discussions (18+) and it’s a shame that as members grow older, the forum caters for them less, but that’s just the way it is.

Neversoft
07-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Pretty much the older members are mature enough to work out their own problems without having to post about them on a Habbo forum. At least, that's how it is for me.

GommeInc
07-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm confused by what you expect 18+ members to discuss. It's not like over 18 year olds talk about hardcore dirtiness and extreme peril all the time :P

Inseriousity.
07-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Habbox has always been for young teenagers generally, it's just that you're getting older now. Don't agree with 18+ forums, sound pointless.

Although speaking of HLR forum, just me who thinks it's annoying how all the threads from discuss anything get moved there or am I just being picky :P

beth
07-09-2011, 08:35 PM
didn't we have a 16+ forum once or something like that. but it didn't work. i mean yeah 18+ plus forums would be nice (regardless of how mature people say they are, being 18 is different than feeling like yr mature enough to talk to 18 year olds ;) without being incredibly patronising, you'll find that out later in life) but as a habbo forum, i don't think it could happen.

Catzsy
08-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Habbox has always been for young teenagers generally, it's just that you're getting older now. Don't agree with 18+ forums, sound pointless.

Although speaking of HLR forum, just me who thinks it's annoying how all the threads from discuss anything get moved there or am I just being picky :P

Well if it is suited to that forum we are obliged to move it there. 'Discuss Anything' is anything that it not spam or
a topic that is not suited for any other forum. It is not a 'I cba to find the correct forum so I will post it here forum' :P The only forum that we don't move from normally is 'spam'.

Inseriousity.
08-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Well if it is suited to that forum we are obliged to move it there. 'Discuss Anything' is anything that it not spam or
a topic that is not suited for any other forum. It is not a 'I cba to find the correct forum so I will post it here forum' :P The only forum that we don't move from normally is 'spam'.

I am certainly not blaming the moderators as they are doing their job but you said it yourself 'a topic that is not suited for any other forum' and as 'Life' is subjective and could in theory cover anything, you get lots of threads that could have given the discuss anything forum some interesting threads such as:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=717435
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=706413
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=717270
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=705825

Personally I think life should be taken out of the forum and renamed 'health and relationships'. It's not something I'm too fussed about though!

Rozi
08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
lets make everyone take a maturity test

you have to film yourself saying bum and if you laugh then you can't use the forum

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!