PDA

View Full Version : Sussex Uni?

Lost_Addict
08-09-2011, 09:24 AM
It's a long shot but i thought i'd try it. Anyone on this forum going to sussex uni? thought it would be good to chat to others heading to the same uni as me :)

cberry
27-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Hiya, I'm at Sussex uni although I'm a PhD student not an undergraduate. It's a brilliant uni though and Brighton is a really good place to live. I did my undergraduate degree at another uni and came back here as I love it so much.

T@R
27-09-2011, 03:59 PM
i'm considering sussex, although the course they offer in film isn't really what i'm looking for
the university looks great though, which is why i'm still thinking about it...

Andeeh
29-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Nice uni and with Brighton nearby can't go to wrong :) just a few stations from Falmer or the Uni bus :)

Wig44.
30-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I know a couple of people applying to Sussex uni, one of them has his heart set on going there to study comp sci while the other has it second or so.

clueless
12-10-2011, 08:00 PM
i'm considering sussex, although the course they offer in film isn't really what i'm looking for
the university looks great though, which is why i'm still thinking about it...

what film course are you looking for?

Mathew
12-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Yep, I've applied to study English Language at Sussex! :)

I've also applied to Leeds, Newcastle, Lancaster and Birmingham! :)

T@R
13-10-2011, 09:27 PM
what film course are you looking for?
looking for a film course more production based than analytical
sussex is like 90% analytical and 10% practical
i'm looking for like 50/50 really

clueless
13-10-2011, 09:36 PM
looking for a film course more production based than analytical
sussex is like 90% analytical and 10% practical
i'm looking for like 50/50 really

ah so like film production? sameee :) i looked at the sussex course but it'd probably only be my 5th choice or something as i havn't looked much into it

where else you applying to dya know?

T@R
13-10-2011, 09:41 PM
ah so like film production? sameee :) i looked at the sussex course but it'd probably only be my 5th choice or something as i havn't looked much into it

where else you applying to dya know?
yeah, although there are a couple of film studies that offer a lot of practical so i'm not sure
i'm really procrastinating still... i am quite behind, i've narrowed it down to like 15 ish lol...
all i know is i want to get away from london
where have you looked at?

clueless
13-10-2011, 09:43 PM
yeah, although there are a couple of film studies that offer a lot of practical so i'm not sure
i'm really procrastinating still... i am quite behind, i've narrowed it down to like 15 ish lol...
all i know is i want to get away from london
where have you looked at?

ah fair enough, wow 15 i struggled finding 5, im clearly very fussy haha.

and yorks my favourite, then royal holloway & sheffield hallam

gonna go to westminster open day this weekend but i'm not expecting much. i'm kind of like you i want to get out of london (bar rhul but thats a bit different)

T@R
13-10-2011, 09:45 PM
ah fair enough, wow 15 i struggled finding 5, im clearly very fussy haha.

and yorks my favourite, then royal holloway & sheffield hallam

gonna go to westminster open day this weekend but i'm not expecting much. i'm kind of like you i want to get out of london (bar rhul but thats a bit different)

yeah i kinda just looked at the guardians top 30 for media, then eliminated the definite 'no's
haven't looked at york or sheffield really, as much as i want to get away from london i'm a bit apprehensive about going too far north
where abouts in london are you now?

clueless
13-10-2011, 09:48 PM
yeah i kinda just looked at the guardians top 30 for media, then eliminated the definite 'no's
haven't looked at york or sheffield really, as much as i want to get away from london i'm a bit apprehensive about going too far north
where abouts in london are you now?

that's probably a good way of doing it, i'm on a gap year at the moment so i did quite a lot of research into it last year so i feel pretty sorted now with my choices! you see yorkshire was my ideal area :) and i live in bromley in se london, you?

T@R
13-10-2011, 09:50 PM
that's probably a good way of doing it, i'm on a gap year at the moment so i did quite a lot of research into it last year so i feel pretty sorted now with my choices! you see yorkshire was my ideal area :) and i live in bromley in se london, you?

ah fair enough, i haven't even written a personal statement yet... 100 words in and i gave up...
it's hard choosing cos like it's where i'm gonna be for the next 3 years of my life and if i don't like it i won't enjoy uni as much...
and woah that is too close for comfort...
i live in welling lmfao, used to work in bromley though...

clueless
13-10-2011, 09:54 PM
ah fair enough, i haven't even written a personal statement yet... 100 words in and i gave up...
it's hard choosing cos like it's where i'm gonna be for the next 3 years of my life and if i don't like it i won't enjoy uni as much...
and woah that is too close for comfort...
i live in welling lmfao, used to work in bromley though...

that is what i was like last year, i just didn't really have a clue and had nothing to say in my personal statement, this year applying has just been so much smoother for me, but you've still got plenty of time anyway really, it is a stupidly big decision to make though :(
haha oh wow small world, where in bromley did you work?

T@R
13-10-2011, 09:59 PM
that is what i was like last year, i just didn't really have a clue and had nothing to say in my personal statement, this year applying has just been so much smoother for me, but you've still got plenty of time anyway really, it is a stupidly big decision to make though :(
haha oh wow small world, where in bromley did you work?
what kinda stuff have you done/ are you planning on doing in your gap year?
i have the stuff to put in it, like work experience and stuff i just can't get round to wording it properly because i'm ridiculously sarcastic and it comes across in everything i do, even my english exams and stuff, but my teachers keep telling me to stop ):
yeah i get so creeped out when people from habbo(x) live near me! and i used to work in NEXT just as like a christmas temp
i'm really intrigued to like know who you are now incase i know you...

clueless
13-10-2011, 10:05 PM
what kinda stuff have you done/ are you planning on doing in your gap year?
i have the stuff to put in it, like work experience and stuff i just can't get round to wording it properly because i'm ridiculously sarcastic and it comes across in everything i do, even my english exams and stuff, but my teachers keep telling me to stop ):
yeah i get so creeped out when people from habbo(x) live near me! and i used to work in NEXT just as like a christmas temp
i'm really intrigued to like know who you are now incase i know you...

well i've made a few little short film things, more documentarys really, and i'm doing some volunteer film work with the charity mencap, and then i've got a job in m&s lol exciting, thats my gap year. i had quite a lot of art related things to talk about in my personal statement as i did an art course but tried to link that to film! haha thats hilarious, sarcasm is the best form of humour so i approve.
thats weird, i got offered an interview for next in bromley, but don't worry that was only about a month ago! i doubt you know me i dont know anyone from bexley

Lost_Addict
13-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Sussex is great, been here for 3 weeks now ;)

and someone mentioned Lancaster, that was my joint top choice with Sussex just because it is a lovely campus and lovely town so i'd go for either of them :D

T@R
14-10-2011, 01:38 PM
well i've made a few little short film things, more documentarys really, and i'm doing some volunteer film work with the charity mencap, and then i've got a job in m&s lol exciting, thats my gap year. i had quite a lot of art related things to talk about in my personal statement as i did an art course but tried to link that to film! haha thats hilarious, sarcasm is the best form of humour so i approve.
thats weird, i got offered an interview for next in bromley, but don't worry that was only about a month ago! i doubt you know me i dont know anyone from bexley

i wasn't sure whether i'd need to make like short films or anything like that cos a few places ask for a portfolio, but i figured i'd just show them my coursework from A level media
i'm just a bit worried about the level of ability other students will have, like in my school i'm confident i'm in the top 1% of the course, but i'm not sure about other schools or anything...
oh god i'm awful at art, film is the closest thing to a form of art i can stand...
oh wow have you had it yet? i had some indian woman interview me she was well nice, it was my first and only job!
haha when people say bexley like that i assume they're talking about my school as well which makes it even weirder!

clueless
14-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Sussex is great, been here for 3 weeks now ;)

and someone mentioned Lancaster, that was my joint top choice with Sussex just because it is a lovely campus and lovely town so i'd go for either of them :D

sorry for totally hijacking your thread with film talk by the way!

glad you like sussex :) i dont actually know too much about sussex, how far from the campus is brighton centre?

i wasn't sure whether i'd need to make like short films or anything like that cos a few places ask for a portfolio, but i figured i'd just show them my coursework from A level media
i'm just a bit worried about the level of ability other students will have, like in my school i'm confident i'm in the top 1% of the course, but i'm not sure about other schools or anything...
oh god i'm awful at art, film is the closest thing to a form of art i can stand...
oh wow have you had it yet? i had some indian woman interview me she was well nice, it was my first and only job!
haha when people say bexley like that i assume they're talking about my school as well which makes it even weirder!

i only really made them because it was fun to do and i didnt have a level media to provide me with anything for a portfolio, so as long as you have a few short things for any that do require a portfolio then that would be fine i imagine! i know how you feel, i think everyone thinks that really though but they pretty much train everyone up from complete beginners level it sounds like so after a while everyone will be level really anyway so i wouldn't worry about that.

haha i dont know why i did art really, i wasn't great at it preferred more digital work really!

nope i cancelled it because the day i got offered the interview was the day i'd just come back from an interview at m&s and got the job :P so badly timed.

haha sorry for creeping you out!! i dont mean to :(

Lost_Addict
14-10-2011, 06:51 PM
sorry for totally hijacking your thread with film talk by the way!

glad you like sussex :) i dont actually know too much about sussex, how far from the campus is brighton centre?

i only really made them because it was fun to do and i didnt have a level media to provide me with anything for a portfolio, so as long as you have a few short things for any that do require a portfolio then that would be fine i imagine! i know how you feel, i think everyone thinks that really though but they pretty much train everyone up from complete beginners level it sounds like so after a while everyone will be level really anyway so i wouldn't worry about that.

haha i dont know why i did art really, i wasn't great at it preferred more digital work really!

nope i cancelled it because the day i got offered the interview was the day i'd just come back from an interview at m&s and got the job :P so badly timed.

haha sorry for creeping you out!! i dont mean to :(

Only about a 10-15m bus journey or a 5 min train journey. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!