PDA

View Full Version : [+6 REP] Radio Questionnaire

Mark
09-09-2011, 11:01 PM
If you could possibly answer these questions that would be great! Also, you do not have to put in your age but it would be beneficial.

Age (optional)
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself?
Where do you usually listen to the radio?
What genres of music do you like?
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?
What do you like about radio?
What do you dislike about radio?

Thanks for answering! I'll +rep you once completed :P

Mathew
09-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Age (optional) - 17
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? - No
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? - I actually really enjoy the Chris Moyles show but don't get chance to listen to it that often. He's really funny so I suppose that's what makes me tune in. Although saying that, I only listen to the radio maybe five or six times a year so.... I JUST DON'T LISTEN TO MUSIC!!!!
Is it online or on a radio itself? - huh... er.. radio itself in the car.
Where do you usually listen to the radio? - Car
What genres of music do you like? - I don't really like a specific genre. I tend to like specific songs rather than committing myself to one thing!
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? - Switch
What do you like about radio? - Not much. I don't listen to music in my spare time so I'd only listen to the radio if it was on.
What do you dislike about radio? - Witty presenters. Songs that I like. I generally just don't turn it on in the first place though.

beth
09-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Age (optional): 20
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?: yes.
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: more of the music i listen to.
Is it online or on a radio itself?: on my iphone.
Where do you usually listen to the radio?: in bed/the shower.
What genres of music do you like?: indie, electro.
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?: switch station.
What do you like about radio?: i like that i don't have to make a song choice, it's all done for me.
What do you dislike about radio?: not much of the genre i like available.

Jazz
09-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Age (optional) 16
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? Yes
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? music mainly
Is it online or on a radio itself? On a radio and online
Where do you usually listen to the radio? everywhere
What genres of music do you like? pop and dubstep
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? nope, just listen to it
What do you like about radio? it is a constant stream of great music and quirky chat topics
What do you dislike about radio? sometimes the station I listen to cuts and breaks out, causing me to miss parts of the show

Samantha
09-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Age (optional) 17
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? Yes, if I'm bored or at College.
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? Is it online or on a radio itself? Less adverts on sites like CapitalFM
Where do you usually listen to the radio? As said before, College or in bed if I'm bored :D!
What genres of music do you like? Charts but old/retro too. And cheesy stuff!
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? Yes I'd listen to real radio or vice versa to Capital.
What do you like about radio? Breaks the silence and it's sort of soothing.
What do you dislike about radio? Adverts.

lawrawrrr
09-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Age (optional): 18
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?: No
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: Music that's not chart music, all the same rubbish!
Is it online or on a radio itself?: About 50/50
Where do you usually listen to the radio?: In my room, in the dining room eating Sunday roast, kitchen whilst cooking
What genres of music do you like?: Classical, old skool pop mainly, then obscure artists noone knows of.
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?: Change the station, if that's got a rubbish song too, I'll turn it off
What do you like about radio?: Introduce to new songs, convenience, and the debates on BBC R4
What do you dislike about radio?: People talking, adverts, competitions, screaming competition winners, more adverts.

Mark
09-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Can I just remind people it's about the radio in general, not HabboxLive!

Calvin
09-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't listen to the radio all the time, but I usually listen a few hours a day when I'm not out.

If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?
Most radios I listen to are fine, I suppose a good variety and prizes would make me listen to it more though.

Is it online or on a radio itself?
I listen to all different radios depending on my mood and the music being played. I normally listen to my local radio station though which is available online and FM.

The station's website.

Literally anything depending on my mood! My main ones though are Trance, Dubstep, Drum and Bass, House etc.

When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?
I switch station to another one for a while and if there's no other good songs then I just turn it off.

The fact that you're not selecting the playlist because when I use Spotify or Youtube I get bored due to listening to the same songs all the time. With radio, someone else is selecting the songs and that way you get interested in other types of music.

When songs that you hate come on, annoying adverts and with some radios the presenters talk way too much.

Jurv
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Age (optional) 15
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? Not really, only occasionally.
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? having a radio station that plays a variety of music.
Is it online or on a radio itself? Online.
Where do you usually listen to the radio? depends when I feel like listening to it.
What genres of music do you like? Mostly Folk & Indie Rock
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? Yes. I would probably listen to my own playlist.
What do you like about radio? When they play new songs by new bands/artists.
What do you dislike about radio? When crap songs get played and songs on other radio stations are overplayed.

Inseriousity.
09-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Age (optional): 19
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?: no
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: funny host, good music, nothing else to do (ie i was driving and obv cant read/go to sleep like you can if youre a passenger... well you could but you'd probably die).
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself?: online
Where do you usually listen to the radio?: habbox. live, loud and proud! woooo
What genres of music do you like?: anything i dont mind. not a fan of emo/screamo though.
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?: nah I normally just stop listening (by removing headphones) and wait til i can hear the next song/dj speaking
What do you like about radio?: if the host is good, it can be a good way to let off steam. BETHIE'S PUB QUIZ (she paid me to say this)
What do you dislike about radio?: cant choose your own music, if host is bad its annoying, adverts

Ms.Aquamarine
09-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Age (optional) 19
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? iPod Touch
Where do you usually listen to the radio? In my car, when I'm at work, and sometimes while I am sleeping.
What genres of music do you like? Pop, Country, Classical, and R&B.
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? I usually switch to another station but if I can't find anything else, I would then turn the radio off.
What do you like about radio? New songs and the ability to feel relaxed.
What do you dislike about radio? Too many advertisements.

Recursion
09-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Age (optional)

- Daily

- More listener participation

Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself?

- In the car, walking about (phone), in my room, usually via their website

- A bit of everything, if I hear a song and enjoy it, that's it! Apart from Dubstep... not found any dubstep I've liked yet.

- I'll flick through the stations, switch to a CD/MP3 player then switch back after a short while

- The presenters more than anything, the likes of Scott Mills and Chris Moyles in particular, and the range of music that gets played.

- Presenters going on too long without music, putting songs I don't like on... standard stuff rly.

Judas
10-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Age (optional) - 16

Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? - No

If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? - More variety, more new artists being given airplay instead of playing the same songs 100 times over a day

Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? - Online

Where do you usually listen to the radio? - In the car, or at home very rarely

What genres of music do you like? - Pop, hip-hop, 80s + glam metal, most forms of rock including rock and roll from the 50s/60s, R&B, dance... pretty much anything excluding country, heavy metal and dubstep lol

When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? - Depends how much I dislike the song

What do you like about radio? - Hearing a song you like come on is more fun than just putting it on your iPod or whatever.

What do you dislike about radio? - How contrived it is, a lot of the time you don't hear what the DJ or the listener wants to play, the labels pay the stations and that annoys me. Also, how all stations just follow each other and play the same **** and have such little variety between them.

orientalframe?
10-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Age (optional): 15
Do you listen to the radio on a regular basis?: No
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: I think a bigger variety in artists and songds, not the charts constantly being played.
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? Through a radio itself.
Where do you usually listen to the radio?: In the kitchen!!!!!
What genres of music do you like?: I don't particularly have a specific genre I enjoy, just a variety of songs if they sound good to me.
When there is a song that you don't like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch stations?: I would probably switch stations.
What do you like about the radio?: The presenters, such as Chris Moyles and a couple others for me, and how radios seem to play the new released songs.
What do you dislike about the radio?: Adverts get quite annoying after a while, also what Judas/Harry said how all the different stations have little variety in between them.

Showder
10-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Age (optional) : Not telling ;p
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? : YES!
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? : Great music and events at my time.
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? : Radio itself :)
Where do you usually listen to the radio? : In my PC :D or car.
What genres of music do you like? : Accoustic :)
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? : Mute :P
What do you like about radio? : Its FUN! I love music.
What do you dislike about radio? : When people swear , radio cutting out.

coldguy404
10-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Age (optional) 13
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? No
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? Jokes would.
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? Car radio
Where do you usually listen to the radio? Car
What genres of music do you like? Pop, Rock and Techno
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? I just turn it down low
What do you like about radio? how they interview people and give prizes. ;]]]
What do you dislike about radio? when it goes all fuzzy and cracks up

karter
10-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Age (optional) : 15
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? : Nah, like once a week
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? : Good shows, less ads, more music
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? Only HabboxLive Online hehe .. I have a radio I quite often listen to it
Where do you usually listen to the radio? My car
What genres of music do you like? Pop and techno
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? : yeah I sometimes do
What do you like about radio? : the music or the hosts if they are cool
What do you dislike about radio? : ads are a pain

CrazyLemurs
10-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Age (optional): 14.
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?: Every 3-4 days.
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: If they played music that I enjoy, rather than what's in the charts.
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself?: Online.
Where do you usually listen to the radio?: Habbox, BBC Radio 1 stream.
What genres of music do you like?: Alternative pop, jazz, classical (sometimes), Glee.
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?: I'll just mute it until the song is done. Not fair to tune out just because one song sucks.
What do you like about radio?: How it's not pre-recorded, mistakes can and do happen. Makes it more fun ^_^
What do you dislike about radio?: How a half of all music played is sung/DJed by adult black males. Not being racist, but their music is often similar and it gets boring. That said, some white peoples' music is indifferent too...

Special
10-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Age (optional) 17
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? no
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? more of my music or if i had a car haha
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? online
Where do you usually listen to the radio? bbc radio 1 on my laptop
What genres of music do you like? dance, club, bassline, dubstep (a little) rap, r&b
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? i just mute it for a while
What do you like about radio? different music, it's one stream so you don't have to change songs all the time, plus you don't waste time choosing a song to listen to
What do you dislike about radio? adverts, long news reports, disconetion, when it doesnt work

Andeeh
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Age - 17
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? - a couple of times a week
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? - radio stations on the tv, online and car
Where do you usually listen to the radio? - tv
What genres of music do you like? - A variety - hip-hop, garage, dubstep, dancehall, pop punk, rock, electronic, alternative, grime and a few others :)
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? Switch
What do you like about radio? the specific genre shows and r1indwt
What do you dislike about radio? all the daytime crap

Maatt.
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? Online
Where do you usually listen to the radio? Home
What genres of music do you like? Pop.
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? I take the pain.
What do you like about radio? The DJ's
What do you dislike about radio? Its to serious ... they need to calm it down.

<3

xxSweetnSpicyxx
11-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Age (optional)

Not really.

Maybe if there where no adverts and if 2 DJ's don't keep on talking amongst themselves whilst on air....

Hmmm, About the same amount.

On the Laptop or in the car.

Pop, rap, dubstep.

Nah, just sit there and wait for it to be over but if another rubbish one comes on I will switch.

I just love how you don't have to be searching stuff on youtube to play. CapitalFM plays chart music 24/7 and I love that. It's also good if you're a DJ at habboxlive, you get all the music updates!

I HATE the adverts and when new realises are played, also when the cut the song down. Oh and on Saturday/Friday nights I really dispise when they play song remixs, I HATE THEM execpt for dubstep<3.

I added this on kinda ;3
What is you favourite radio station?
CapitalFM (UK)

Kieron
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Age (optional)
16..(tommorow)

Yes

Prizes and variety of music

Phone, car, and when on the computer

Car

I like music from nearly all genres
from rock to country

sometimes switch

Just a free music listening service, just nice to have something playing in the background

What do you dislike about radio?:
the ads

geo
11-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Age (optional): 14
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?: Not really.
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: Erm not much, if they played more of the music i like.
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself?: radio itself.
Where do you usually listen to the radio?: kitchen or the car
What genres of music do you like?: erm, idk really. i can listen to all sorts, even though i'm picky.
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?: if it's awful, i'll change stations. usually i can put up with it though.
What do you like about radio?: erm, the fact that i don't have to keep picking which music i will listen too.
What do you dislike about radio?: they don't really have a wide range of music.:P

Hollie
11-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Age (optional)

No

Bigger variety of music, less adverts

radio itself mostly because it sometimes freezes online and its annoying

laptop

anything but not really a fan of rock

nope, just turn the sound down a bit ;)

the presenters, new music, its free

Too much talking and adverts

Eric
14-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Age (optional): 16

Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?: Not really

If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: Play all the charted songs.

Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself?: Online

Where do you usually listen to the radio?: The radio website

What genres of music do you like?: A lot.

When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?: Turn it off

What do you like about radio?: Play good music.

What do you dislike about radio?: Too much advertisement and played boring songs. And err, too much talking.

LordUsagi
14-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Age (optional)

Yes

Shows/Sessions/Channels specified to my taste of music. Maybe a pre-list of potential artists similar to what will be playing.

Online, although it varies depending on my day to day activities.

At home, In car.

80s + 90s

Yes.

Chance to hear new songs and find potential musical interests.

Mostly plays crap.

L0st-Angel
14-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Age (optional) 14
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? Crazy host, better music.
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? Radio or online
Where do you usually listen to the radio? In the car
What genres of music do you like? Rock, Pop, Rap, Punk, R n B
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? Sometimes.
What do you like about radio? Um... music, events (Habbox) news
What do you dislike about radio? When you hear a person surprised because they've won something.

Rainbow
14-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Age 14
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? No
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? Play more music i like
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? Radio itself
What genres of music do you like? Rock & Pop
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? Sometimes or just turn the volume low.
What do you like about radio? Hearing new songs
What do you dislike about radio? The adverts

:odey:
14-09-2011, 09:17 PM
(Don't know if you're still doing this?)

Age (optional): 19
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis?: Approximately 3 times a week.

If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more?: More advertisement for the stations, more will to actually tune in rather than just listen to my own music.

Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself?: Through a radio.

Where do you usually listen to the radio?: In the car.

What genres of music do you like?: Mostly Pop.

When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station?: Ye, all the time :P

What do you like about radio?: Discovering new music, favourite dj's etc.

What do you dislike about radio?: It just bores me when they talk too much / not enough music I like..

Nick
15-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Age (optional) 14
Do you listen to the Radio on a regular basis? no
If you do not listen to the radio as much, what would make you want to listen more? To put the better genre of music i like on there
Where do you mainly listen to the Radio, is it online or through a radio itself? Through a radio
What genres of music do you like? Metal/Rock
When there is a song that you do not like on the radio, do you turn it off/switch station? No
What do you like about radio? That it plays music and the hosts do sometimes say funny things
What do you dislike about radio? Not my type of music

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!