PDA

View Full Version : The uncomfortable truth; the reasons behind 9/11

-:Undertaker:-
14-09-2011, 02:08 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036767/Ron-Paul-defends-Al-Qaeda-Presidential-candidate-booed-9-11-answer.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Did Ron Paul just defend al Qaeda? Presidential candidate's campaign rocked by comments at GOP debate

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/13/article-0-0DDB112800000578-163_468x486.jpg
Crossfire: Republican presidential candidate, Representative Ron Paul defends an argument at the debate, sponsored by CNN and The Tea Party Express

Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul was hushed by deafening boos from a crowd of Tea Partiers at Monday's GOP Presidential debate, after suggesting America's foreign police played a role in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Mr Paul attempted to position his argument to slash military spending, contending that occupation was the 'real motivation' behind acts of terrorism by Muslim extremists against the U.S. But a provocative retort from presidential candidate, Pennsylvania lawmaker Rick Santorum, instead drew wide support, after he dismissed Mr Paul's comments as 'irresponsible'.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/13/article-0-0DDB584F00000578-869_468x286.jpg
In the running: Republican presidential candidates (L-R) Jon Huntsman, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum

Prior to the Tea Party debate, Mr Paul, 76, had reflected on the U.S. response to the 9/11 attacks in his weekly Texas Straight Talk column. He argued that 'the attacks of 9/11 deserved a response. But the manner in which we responded has allowed radicals in the Muslim world to advance a very threatening narrative about us and our motivation in occupying their lands.'

He also argued that occupation was the 'real motivation behind the September 11 attacks and the vast majority of other instances of suicide terrorism,' writing that the U.S. would be more secure 'If we had targeted our response to only the thugs and criminals who attacked us, and refrained from invading countries that had nothing to do with it.' 'We chose a course of action that led to the further loss of 8,000 American lives, left 40,000 wounded and has hundreds of thousands seeking help at the Veterans Administration. We are three to four trillion dollars poorer. Our military is spread dangerously thin around the globe, at the expense of protection here at home,' he continued. But for Mr Santorum, 53, the congressman's remarks were bait for a tense exchange about the U.S. response to terrorism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8S3yws_88I

Addressing Mr Paul at the Tea Party debate, Mr Santorum referred to the column: 'You said that it was our actions that brought about the actions of 9/11. Congressman Paul, that is irresponsible.' Mr Paul defended his stance, arguing America could save trillions of dollars if the country cut funding from wars. The room echoed with boos and hisses, however, hushing the congressman as he justified his sympathies. 'This idea that whole Muslim world is attacking us because we’re free and prosperous, that is just not true,' he said.

The real reasons why the United States was attacked on 9/11 he says in the video, its not a defence of Al-Qaeda at all - unless people start to understand why we are attacked and by whom then we will never end this endless cycle of foreign entanglements, trillions being spent in wars and the countless deaths that take place every single day.

Don't just take my word for it or Ron Paul's though, here's the letter Bin Laden wrote to America;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver

While seeking Allah's help, we form our reply based on two questions directed at the Americans: (Q1) Why are we fighting and opposing you?
Q2)What are we calling you to, and what do we want from you?
As for the first question: Why are we fighting and opposing you? The answer is very simple:
(1) Because you attacked us and continue to attack us.
a) You attacked us in Palestine:

The full letter can be viewed and read on the link i've provided above. This is not a defence of justification of Osama Bin Laden and his organisation, but this will give some of you (hopefully) a clear idea why these people act the way they do towards us - because of the way we act towards them. The mainstream media of course doesn't report this nor does the political elite, because its far more easy to get people to believe in the fairytale of 'they hate us because we are free' - which is complete and utter nonsense.

(b) You attacked us in Somalia; you supported the Russian atrocities against us in Chechnya, the Indian oppression against us in Kashmir, and the Jewish aggression against us in Lebanon.

(c) Under your supervision, consent and orders, the governments of our countries which act as your agents, attack us on a daily basis;

(i) These governments prevent our people from establishing the Islamic Shariah, using violence and lies to do so.
(ii) These governments give us a taste of humiliation, and places us in a large prison of fear and subdual.
(iii) These governments steal our Ummah's wealth and sell them to you at a paltry price.

(iv) These governments have surrendered to the Jews, and handed them most of Palestine, acknowledging the existence of their state over the dismembered limbs of their own people.

(v) The removal of these governments is an obligation upon us, and a necessary step to free the Ummah, to make the Shariah the supreme law and to regain Palestine. And our fight against these governments is not separate from out fight against you.

(d) You steal our wealth and oil at paltry prices because of you international influence and military threats. This theft is indeed the biggest theft ever witnessed by mankind in the history of the world.

(e) Your forces occupy our countries; you spread your military bases throughout them; you corrupt our lands, and you besiege our sanctities, to protect the security of the Jews and to ensure the continuity of your pillage of our treasures.

(f) You have starved the Muslims of Iraq, where children die every day. It is a wonder that more than 1.5 million Iraqi children have died as a result of your sanctions, and you did not show concern. Yet when 3000 of your people died, the entire world rises and has not yet sat down.

I would love somebody to defend our foreign policy with facts and evidence backed by history, but it never comes. Does anybody wonder why Iran is attempting to build nuclear weapons? hardly suprising to any rational person when two neighbours have fallen to the west in recent years along with constant western meddling in Iranian internal affairs for decades (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat).

Thoughts? have you seen this reported in the past? are you aware of the reasons behind these wars? is Ron Paul right?

Jordy
14-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Nothing particularly new or interesting to see here if you ask me. Quite obviously many extremist Muslims hated the US due to it's Foreign Policy, mainly their support for Israel and intervention in the Middle East. It's neither difficult to see or understand.

And of course it's no secret that 9/11 was the main cause of the US invasion of Afghanistan, I'm sure George W Bush and Tony Blair would even admit as much.

Describe
14-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Nothing particularly new or interesting to see here if you ask me. Quite obviously many extremist Muslims hated the US due to it's Foreign Policy, mainly their support for Israel and intervention in the Middle East. It's neither difficult to see or understand.

And of course it's no secret that 9/11 was the main cause of the US invasion of Afghanistan, I'm sure George W Bush and Tony Blair would even admit as much.
A good summary of what I was about to post.

-:Undertaker:-
14-09-2011, 10:39 PM

A great many seem not to think so, including our political class which is why the same foreign policy is being continued today. Time after time including on this forum i've had to argue against the usual 'they attacked us because we are free' which is just false rubbish and will lead us into another war, in Iran. They're already banging the war drum in regards to Iran; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2035559/9-11-anniversary-Tony-Blair-says-Iran-greater-enemy-Al-Qaeda.html

The foreign policy we have now only leads to nations such as Iran wanting to acquire nuclear weapons, and for good reasons.

Jordy
14-09-2011, 11:30 PM
A great many seem not to think so, including our political class which is why the same foreign policy is being continued today. Time after time including on this forum i've had to argue against the usual 'they attacked us because we are free' which is just false rubbish and will lead us into another war, in Iran. They're already banging the war drum in regards to Iran; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2035559/9-11-anniversary-Tony-Blair-says-Iran-greater-enemy-Al-Qaeda.html

The foreign policy we have now only leads to nations such as Iran wanting to acquire nuclear weapons, and for good reasons.Quite frankly I think it all stems from the setting up of the state of Israel. I doubt I will ever understand why the West did such a thing, and to this day still continues to support Israel. Other than the fact there's a lot of influential Jewish in the US and Europe, I cannot work out why we kicked the Muslims off their land and replaced them with Jews with from the US & Europe. Then we give them superpower-esque military equipment including nuclear weapons. It's fundamentally wrong and I'm sure history will see it as such.

Showder
15-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Awks , I'm not TOO sure about that ....

Jordy
15-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Awks , I'm not TOO sure about that ....Fantastic contribution.

Ardemax
16-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Awks , I'm not TOO sure about that ....

Give this woman presidency; now.

I think it would be fair to say that Mr. O-B Laden allegedly planned the attacks on America on more grounds than just they attacked them.

We should probably take a closer look at the "Islamic fundamentalist" part on his CV.

Showder
17-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Want me to contribute?
Alright.
Osama Bin Laden got my grand-father killed alright?
This thing between America and The Al-Qaeda started just WHEN they wanted a worldwide jihad.
Maybe the Americans dis encouraged that in their country which they started a "rebellion"?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!