PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Habbo clothes too 'provactive' ?

MKR&*42
14-09-2011, 07:32 PM
This is just purely ridiculous now..

I took a look at some of the Habbo clothes today ( especially for women ) - and it's insane, how revealing they are. This is the one that annoyed the most:

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h427/wazzervaldez/Ridiculous.png

It's only just above "breast level". Habbo should be setting an example - not encouraging teenage girls to wear such revealing clothes, children as young as 8 play this game - if that becomes their dream fashion sense, I feel sorry for that child.

Also, the skirts...are literally, a line. I placed that shirt and one of the small skirts on my Habbo earlier, the skirt was hidden ;/ .

There's already issues in real life, about provactive clothes for children - for example , you can buy bras for 4 year olds, and high heels for 6 year olds. Placing these clothing items on Habbo, are helping, create a new (and negative) stereotype - and lifestyle for women. (Basically...making all women seem ****** [Not sure if I can say that] )

If the next clothes range has any more provactive clothes, I will go crazy .

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo In General' to here as better suited

j0rd
14-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Get a grip, they are only pixel clothes, if anyone would want to follow habbo dress sense, I would suggest a huge reality check.

MKR&*42
14-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Still, do you not see my point - people depend too much on the internet in 'these times' . You can only expect girls to grow up wanting to wear these kind of clothes once they see them on the internet. :S

Michael
14-09-2011, 07:46 PM
The girls probably already wear this in real life anyway, so its no difference. Its Habbo and if 8 year olds are playing then, they shouldn't be on it. The parents can't get Habbo done as its the child who should be getting done for it, and the parents from letting them. Although they may look sexual they are the fashion of this modern culture.

Kyle
14-09-2011, 08:08 PM
eh???????? This thread serious? I don't copy what my habbo wears and don't think I know anybody that does.

This is just purely ridiculous

Gina
14-09-2011, 08:28 PM
I thought they looked cool!
Most of them look pretty stupid
but they're cool,
I dnt wear it tho
I was gunna wear them earphones but it took away my sexy look ma ears =[ it aint meh without the ears!

MKR&*42
14-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Why can you not see that the media, especially internet, influences so many people. Just because you don't feel empowered to wear those clothes - it doesn't mean that people who grow up surrounded by the internet won't by provactive clothes :S

Red
14-09-2011, 08:30 PM
how is an off shoulder top revealing? :S

beth
14-09-2011, 08:35 PM
i definitely think some of the clothes on habbo are bizarre. dunno about people copying it irl though.

Plebings
14-09-2011, 08:48 PM
don't see the problem. those type of clothes will end up being ridiculed anyway, ala bacon, so in turn it will discourage people wearing them.

SIMPLIFIED: look like a ***** on habbo, ridiculed for it, gives a new outlook on life!!!!!!

MKR&*42
14-09-2011, 08:59 PM
how is an off shoulder top revealing? :S

If you look at it on someones avatar, it basically is only just above the 'breast area' - in real, they're not that bad - but some of the clothes on Habbo and In real, are just appaling.

iJess
14-09-2011, 09:03 PM
LMFAO these new ones aren't as bad as they could have been. I think the worst has to be the tiny VIP bikini's which arrived a couple of months ago :L

Red
14-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Theres nothing wrong with them at all though. :S A strapless top is hardly considered revealing and are common and found in all clothes shops. The only items I could possibly see as provocative are the bikinis that they brought in at beginning of summer.

myke
14-09-2011, 09:38 PM
If you look at it on someones avatar, it basically is only just above the 'breast area' - in real, they're not that bad - but some of the clothes on Habbo and In real, are just appaling.

is this thread serious? I know what you're saying about the internet influencing people but I can hardly see the fact that Habbo having a top like the one you described is going to make teenage girls grow up and be ******....... nobody sees a habbo wearing something and thinks ah i must get one of those from topshop tomorrow just so i can be like my little habbo dude... you're taking it too far by saying that things like that influence people. that's coming from the guy who's (so totally not) sat here with a feather in his hair wearing a reindeer hat with lego shoes and a fake beard.

Kyle
14-09-2011, 09:40 PM
just gonna remind u that habbo is a game for teens and not 8 year olds. you could say that displaying this type of clothes in real life clothing stores is... how did you put it... "creating a new (negative) stereotype and lifestyle for women". You're just complaining for the sake of complaining mate and nobody even agrees with you. If you're getting hyped over "breast level" (lol) tops on habbo then u need to take a long hard look at ur self.

Mark
14-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't think they're setting a great example but it's what people asked for in the poll about a year ago. Btw what's provactive?

Mathew
14-09-2011, 09:55 PM
People will only wear things they want to wear. Habbo, of all things, will not directly influence what you wear in real life. In the outside world, people follow fashions and trends; or if they're odd then they may label themselves and dress appropriately to that group. The chance of someone seeing a skirt on Habbo and dressing like that in real life is minimal; it's more likely to be the opposite.

It's a fair point, but it just doesn't work like that. People aren't inanimate machines. Most people do have brains and recognise the difference between online and offline.

MKR&*42
14-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't think they're setting a great example but it's what people asked for in the poll about a year ago. Btw what's provactive?

Provactive, you would use it on something that 'arouses' people or causes 'sexual desire/interest' - so if I was a woman, and had a very short skirt on, that could be seen as provactive.

Kyle
14-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Provactive, you would use it on something that 'arouses' people or causes 'sexual desire/interest' - so if I was a woman, and had a very short skirt on, that could be seen as provactive.

ur aroused by habbo skirts?

MKR&*42
14-09-2011, 10:50 PM
ur aroused by habbo skirts?

Did I say that o.o. What I clearly said was "If i was a woman, and had a very short skirt on - that could be seen as provactive" never said Habbo did I -.-

Jurv
14-09-2011, 11:46 PM
I don't think they're that bad to be honest, they're not too revealing. If people were to actually go out and buy some clothes to match their Habbo character I would be worried. The site is mainly aimed at teenagers and if a 8 year signs up to the site and get's ideas then it wouldn't be anybody's fault but their parents. I'm not saying all of the clothes on Habbo are suitable but I don't think there's a problem with the recent update of clothes. I probably would have got your point if you made this thread when some of the summer clothes were released because the bikini's are quite revealing. However, I still wouldn't of said people would have got fashion ideas from a pixel site.

"I'm goin out 2mozz to buy a moustache like 'ma habbo!"

October
15-09-2011, 01:52 AM
http://www.habbo.com/habbo-imaging/avatarimage?user=J-Raviv&action=&direction=4&head_direction=3&gesture=sml&size=1

Nick
15-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Are you an addict. What the point of you going crazy when your habbo is a male anyway. Like alot of other people said. Its pixels. Its not like you are able to see their private parts anyway. Plus i have seen alot of girl irl dressed in these clothes... Haven't you?

myke
15-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Habbo is not a sexualised game and therefore the contents of it has no sexual vibes to it. You don't go into a room, see someone with one of those bra things on and go OMG PUT YOUR BOOBS AWAY THIS IS A GAME FOR CHILDREN. because it's not sexualised and if you think it is/see it as sexualised then that's called a "fetish" and not something everybody likes to share but ok!! </thread>

Showder
15-09-2011, 11:19 AM
LOL , its not provactive.

Mathew
15-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Pretty sure it's provocative. Even though it isn't.

wiktoria
15-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Pretty sure it's provocative. Even though it isn't.

LMFAO

LOOOL get over it

Jazz
15-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I dont think anyone would really follow the dress sense of habbo...

I would change my view when I see people walking down the road with a paper bag over there head with two littles holes sticking out... or a cabbage maybe

Bails
15-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I dont think anyone would really follow the dress sense of habbo...

I would change my view when I see people walking down the road with a paper bag over there head with two littles holes sticking out... or a cabbage maybe

Owned. Lmfao.

AgnesIO
15-09-2011, 06:10 PM
"just above breast level"

Not being funny, but I wouldn't consider showing a bit of cleavage as revealing - these clothes don't show that. Plus they are only pixels.

Anyone would think they allowed stripped habbos lol

BlueEyedSarah
15-09-2011, 07:43 PM
The parents need to be the ones to teach their children what is right to wear and what is wrong. If the parent dresses like a ***** or the dad dresses like a gangster what do you think the child will wear?

LordUsagi
15-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I like the idea that I get to wear a skirt, being a male. But I do see your point...

Honestly, that's the way the world is heading in.

Maatt.
15-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Sorry, but are you kidding...
A. People ages 8 shouldnt be playing, its a 13 and up game or something around that age
B. Its just a bunch of pixels
C. Most people do understand they will not be wearing things like this in real life.

Hollie
15-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Its habbo, 'it's just above breast level' it is a pixel. It only shows the shoulders? I doubt anyone is gonna go out and buy the same clothes as their habbo anyway :S

AgnesIO
16-09-2011, 07:39 AM
I like the idea that I get to wear a skirt, being a male. But I do see your point...

Honestly, that's the way the world is heading in.

The idea of a male wearing a skirt?

MKR&*42
17-09-2011, 11:48 AM
The idea of a male wearing a skirt?

I think they're referring to the fact, that you can now get skirts for Males with HC . x_X

Cerys
17-09-2011, 06:08 PM
To be honest i agree with this - in a way

There are some pretty young kids who come on habbo, the youngest i've seen is 7, and they'll think it's acceptable to wear it.
But yeh, I agree with everyone on this xD

Marbian
17-09-2011, 06:22 PM
I was playing Habbo at the age of 10... And I sure haven't grown up trying to wear clothes I wore on Habbo. Get a reality check... Oh, a 11 year old plays runescape, and the time he's 18, he'll be wearing knight armour and whips... Oh very sexual intended and observed i must say!

Jssy
17-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't think so. I can understand about the fishnet skirts and tops they had though (don't know if they still do) I thought they were prostitute clothes lol

Vernier
17-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Some of them are pretty bad but i agree that people like 7 year old shouldn't be on habbo so young.

David.

AgnesIO
17-09-2011, 09:33 PM
To be honest i agree with this - in a way

There are some pretty young kids who come on habbo, the youngest i've seen is 7, and they'll think it's acceptable to wear it.
But yeh, I agree with everyone on this xD

Wait, so wearing 'RELATIVELY' low tops is now unacceptable?

Tops that don't show anyting?

Alright, then.

Bodon
18-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I though the clothes is a western culture. :O

Eric
18-09-2011, 09:32 AM
They're just pixels. But imo, i really don't like the clothes.

SuperRawr
21-09-2011, 06:16 AM
i like the ****ness ;P

Catzsy
21-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't think they are doing any harm and honestly you can see worse on the high street. I personally don't see how any habbo could look 'sexy' tbh. :P

HawtNerd
21-09-2011, 11:35 AM
What harm can it do? Parent's (I'm sure) check what their child is doing on Habbo once in a while. And I'm sure they've seen the clothes and realized, that well. It's just a game. Oddly enough yes, girls might try and copy it. But it's not really Habbo you can blame. Their life, their life, their fashion sense. I'm sure if "copying" clothing would get out of hand at home the parent's would take care of the problem.

karter
21-09-2011, 11:38 AM
It is hardly revealing, It is not at all revealing! Also I dont think they can influence children irl lol..

HawtNerd
21-09-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't think they are doing any harm and honestly you can see worse on the high street. I personally don't see how any habbo could look 'sexy' tbh. :P

LawL the day Habbo bring's sexy back...

COCOCAT
12-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Lol the top that 'annoys you the most' is my permanent outfit.. i wear it as a dress..you can see my knickers.

highly dount any kids would be like omg i want what that habbo is wearing! most the habbo clothes arent very fashionable- only in habbo they are.
and anime characters dress way more skanky! even the popular Sailor moon does! even lisa simpson does! and bloody pebbles from flinstones! What a *****! lol

Demi
22-10-2011, 02:34 PM
See with all the Habbo clothes, they're relating to what's out there already.
Anyone under 13 shouldn't be playing Habbo so in that respect Habbo have covered themselves.
Again though, girls (and boys) look to magazines and media. So therefore Habbo has very little to what people wear.

That's my opinion.

Vinnie:Safety
25-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Didnt read all the posts just the first few, and the thread post.
HAbbo knows users are younger than 13, but you have to say your 13, and 13 these days... its not "innapropiate" to wear such things.
Remember when we were 8-13, we weren't wearing, listening to, see, watching etc. That 8-13 year old kids today are.
the generation before ours, people in there early/late 20s, somewhat similiar to our generation, so 8-13 year old kids arnt like how they or we were when we were 8-13.

Some people will know what im trying to say, others wont.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!