PDA

View Full Version : Does Facebook look like Google+ now?

October
17-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I swear lately every time I log into it I see Google Plus, with the newe status update changes, the "lists" and the subscriptions. Is Facebook that scared?

Jack!
17-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I swear lately every time I log into it I see Google Plus, with the newe status update changes, the "lists" and the subscriptions. Is Facebook that scared?

Does it look like it? No.
Does it have similar features? Yes.

Accipiter
17-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I doubt Facebook would have implemented video chat if it wasn't for G+

October
17-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I doubt Facebook would have implemented video chat if it wasn't for G+This.

They're implementing everything now only after Google+ has been introduced, and honestly I don't like it.
I don't want to use two different social networking sites that have the exact same services. It's better when they're different.

Accipiter
17-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Google+ only had the video chat going for it for me, the rest of it was over complicated child like crap! What confused me with G+ is why they decided to go around naming friend grouping "circles"... LMAO

October
17-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Google+ only had the video chat going for it for me, the rest of it was over complicated child like crap! What confused me with G+ is why they decided to go around naming friend grouping "circles"... LMAOcause that's a term used in real life lol, at least in the states.

You have a circle of friends, an inner circle, etc. or cliques.

Accipiter
17-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I know all of that, but, all the new media **** dropping them into the circles, was just bad crack, it's something you amuse a child with, aka:

http://thetoyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/CorolleDoll_120D8/MelissaandDougsShapeSortingCube.jpg

WHERE DO THEY FIT!?!?!

October
17-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I know all of that, but, all the new media **** dropping them into the circles, was just bad crack, it's something you amuse a child with, aka:

http://thetoyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/CorolleDoll_120D8/MelissaandDougsShapeSortingCube.jpg

WHERE DO THEY FIT!?!?!i ******* love those things

Accipiter
17-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I prefer slinkies myself

Back on topic, the wall system on google+ isn't that great either really, you don't have an own specific wall just 1 mass one

October
17-09-2011, 11:35 AM
I prefer slinkies myself

Back on topic, the wall system on google+ isn't that great either really, you don't have an own specific wall just 1 mass onewhatcha mean?

i think it's cause g+ isn't a social networking site but a "social sharing" website. they want you to share your experiences or w/e, not converse with people lol.

Accipiter
17-09-2011, 11:36 AM
I get you but, thats not going to make it successful since people use social networking sites to hunt down their next date LMAO

And then you have the attentive ones that want to share soppy posts with each other over walls when they have chat!

It'll have a much more specific audience than FB

Jordy
17-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Facebook has completely ruined itself with the latest "Top Stories update". I whine about every Facebook update but never before have they made the website unusable. The news feed is now in complete tatters for me, divided up with "News from today" and "Top stories" etc, I just want a list with the most recent status's etc but there's no longer any way of doing this. Forget using it if it won't even let me look at status's anymore.

Accipiter
17-09-2011, 01:37 PM
I still have most recent?

Top stories / most recent

Recursion
17-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I prefer Google+ for the sole reason that only people I actually like and care about are on it and the privacy controls are far better than Facebook's. Facebook is now for people I don't give two hoots about, like people from school I don't particularly talk to.

xxMATTGxx
18-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I prefer Google+ for the sole reason that only people I actually like and care about are on it and the privacy controls are far better than Facebook's. Facebook is now for people I don't give two hoots about, like people from school I don't particularly talk to.

This sort of and I also like Google+ for the photo sharing/viewing/uploading and so on.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!