PDA

View Full Version : Braces

Clarissa
21-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Im getting the brackets put on for my braces tomorrow does it hurt? :(:(

Any can you post any other comments about the pain involved with braces.

Thanks

-Clarissa

YellowParasol
21-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Doesn't hurt.. just your teeth feels Numb for a few days. I have Braces now.

Clarissa
21-08-2005, 11:14 PM
okaii, thx for giving me some gd info about braces cuz i gotta have 3 teeth out on wed for the dumb things nd anuva 3 the following week :o :'(

YellowParasol
21-08-2005, 11:59 PM
;( I had to have 2 Teeth out.

ssricky
22-08-2005, 12:00 AM
i have braces had em for 1 year now nothing ever hurts only thing that hurts is when teh wire comes lose and it stabs the inside of ur mouth :P thats mostely it and when they say u cant chew gum or eat certain things dont listen to them i do it all the time nothing happens :P

YellowParasol
22-08-2005, 12:01 AM
My Wire Has Never Came Loose :p

ssricky
22-08-2005, 12:04 AM
i had 4 teath out all from the back i need 10 needles in my mouth cuz they kept wearing off :P

benjamin
22-08-2005, 12:07 AM
the only bit that i hated was having the mould done, eugh made me heave lol

i didnt have to have ANY teeth out :o :eusa_danc

0verRide
22-08-2005, 12:07 AM

u think u got it bad i had to have 4 out, really i have had 6 teeth out in my whole life, and im still waiting for the athadontist to get me me track braces

benjamin
22-08-2005, 12:08 AM
u think u got it bad i had to have 4 out, really i have had 6 teeth out in my whole life, and im still waiting for the athadontist to get me me track braces
my cousin had to have 9... "/

0verRide
22-08-2005, 12:11 AM
my cousin had to have 9... "/

:o all in one go

benjamin
22-08-2005, 12:13 AM
:o all in one go
yeh, she had 2 b put to sleep, shes only 9, she has to have a special made one, because she has too many teeth :(

0verRide
22-08-2005, 12:16 AM
yeh, she had 2 b put to sleep, shes only 9, she has to have a special made one, because she has too many teeth :(

ouccccccccccccccchh, the first time i had my teeth out i was 4, put under the mask, was asleep for 2-3 hrs i think i woke up i said 'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA'' :P

Cool-kitten007
22-08-2005, 10:25 AM
I had braces they said i needed them for 2 years i only had them for 6 months also My teeth are really really straight now There worth the lil bit of pain dont worry + So many people have braces now its no big deal

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I had braces they said i needed them for 2 years i only had them for 6 months also My teeth are really really straight now There worth the lil bit of pain dont worry + So many people have braces now its no big deal

aww ty thats everyone for those comments thats kinda put my mind at rest :)

Brightened
22-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Claz the Dentist told me that i need Braces too but i am on a 2 year waiting list. When your getting your Brackets put on just think how good your teeth are going to look when you get your Braces taken off.

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Claz the Dentist told me that i need Braces too but i am on a 2 year waiting list. When your getting your Brackets put on just think how good your teeth are going to look when you get your Braces taken off.

Yeah i guess, :( still scary :'(

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:06 PM
I had to have 4 out i made them do it while i was asleep tho coz im a whimp :)
and im getting my brace off in a couple months ;]

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I asked to be put to sleep and they said NO!! i was lyk :'(:'( evil meanies.!! ive been put to sleep before when i was 7 nd it wasnt that bad!

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:11 PM
I asked to be put to sleep and they said NO!! i was lyk :'(:'( evil meanies.!! ive been put to sleep before when i was 7 nd it wasnt that bad!
well i werent properly put to sleep, they're not allowed to do that apprently for teeth now cos of the risks and all but i went to this special clinic place where they use this other drug it doesnt put u totally to sleep but i cant remember anything so it was fine ;p

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:14 PM
well i werent properly put to sleep, they're not allowed to do that apprently for teeth now cos of the risks and all but i went to this special clinic place where they use this other drug it doesnt put u totally to sleep but i cant remember anything so it was fine ;p

i was actually put to sleep using this gas stuff. it tasted nasty but i didnt feel anything, they put me to sleep because i was so young i think. They can oly put me to sleep at hospital so they didnt pull the teeth out at the surgery i had to go to hospital which made me even more scared. but i was okaii :)

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:15 PM
i was actually put to sleep using this gas stuff. it tasted nasty but i didnt feel anything, they put me to sleep because i was so young i think. They can oly put me to sleep at hospital so they didnt pull the teeth out at the surgery i had to go to hospital which made me even more scared. but i was okaii :)
Yeah I had that done too when i was little to have my tonsils out, but thats proper anaesthetic (cant spell) and there are risks for that, you can go into a coma and not wake up

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah I had that done too when i was little to have my tonsils out, but thats proper anaesthetic (cant spell) and there are risks for that, you can go into a coma and not wake up

:o:o:o OMGZZZ i dont wanna dieeeeeee :'(

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:23 PM
:o:o:o OMGZZZ i dont wanna dieeeeeee :'(
lmao, but ur not getting put to sleep!

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:24 PM
lmao, but ur not getting put to sleep!

Oh yeah, i 4got lol :D:D yaaaaay i wanna be 18 b4 i dieee :P

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah, i 4got lol :D:D yaaaaay i wanna be 18 b4 i dieee :P
lol im hoping to live a bit older than 18 ;)

Eamonn
22-08-2005, 12:28 PM
wooo dentist said i have perfect teeth and dont have to have braces so its all good for me

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:29 PM
wooo dentist said i have perfect teeth and dont have to have braces so its all good for me

lucky lil :rude::P:@

Rarelime
22-08-2005, 12:29 PM
When i had braces, the only thing hurt was your teeth because of the constant pressure on them. Although you might catch your lip, side of mouth on the brace itself. No need to worry. :)

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:30 PM
When i had braces, the only thing hurt was your teeth because of the constant pressure on them. Although you might catch your lip, side of mouth on the brace itself. No need to worry. :)

Okaii ty, i can live with cut lips and stuff but i wanna be able to eat. :P

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:31 PM
I used to get that when i first got em, but i dont even really notice they're there now im so used to them and everyone tells me the difference in my teeth, they are straight already now so its definately worth it

iRoss
22-08-2005, 12:35 PM
I have a fixed on top and train tracks on bottom 2 months i will have train tracks on top aswell. The dentist said my brushing was excellent! * Feels special * I had to have 2 teeth out. When it bleeds for 2 hours and those pads that soak up the blood come out and are on your tounge, it starts to get stupid.

I have had my braces for about 3 months. Train tracks ache. They don't hurt there is a diffrence. If they hurt just take some pills. That's what they tell you ;D

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 12:37 PM
i cant swallow pills, im still an ikkle bwaby at heart, but calpol tastes nice but doesnt work :@

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:39 PM
i cant swallow pills, im still an ikkle bwaby at heart, but calpol tastes nice but doesnt work :@
LMAO, yeah it does hurt for a while at first but you get over it ;p

Rarelime
22-08-2005, 12:41 PM
It's really weird getting them removed cause theres nothing there and your mouth feels empty. Then you get a stinking retainer *mumbles*.

lauralol
22-08-2005, 12:46 PM
It's really weird getting them removed cause theres nothing there and your mouth feels empty. Then you get a stinking retainer *mumbles*.
Eurgh yeah i dont want one of them ;[
You cant talk properly right?

RedMaggot
22-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Lol, My friend is getting them soonish ;o

Clarissa
22-08-2005, 03:36 PM
im back frm the orthadontists now i had these metal bracket things on they keep scrathing my tounge :@:@ but that didnt hurt. they took another bloomin impression :@ gagged :@

YellowParasol
22-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Claz, it will be all worth it when its over :)

ChloeDust
22-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Lol rarelime im at the stage you are at i had my brace off today lol! And my mouth feels really weird without a brace in but next week im gettin my flippin retainer -.- woopedeedoo also my gums are inflamed so i need to make them bleed by brushing my gums. Oh and when you first get a brace your mouth does ache i must admit and it is sort of hardish to eat but it goes honestly it does and then you'll end up not even noticing it i mean jeez i got so attached to my brace i didn't want it off lol i had my brace for exactly a year and a week today lol... and im gettin my retainer next week -.- lol woo

Owen
22-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Might sound stuid but i want braces for me teeth to stay straight ;l

!!!Liam!!!
22-08-2005, 08:54 PM
It does blipping hurt it kills well mine do... :/ My orthadentist is a BOBBA BOBBA And I hate her :)

Digital
22-08-2005, 11:38 PM
i had 4 teath out all from the back i need 10 needles in my mouth cuz they kept wearing off :P
Same but i was put to sleep.

Sank
30-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Braces own!

I love them <3

I've had them, now they've gone, and I've got retainers <3.

They only hurt for the first few days.

But when you come off, OUCH! I Hate that feeling O.O

:.bEx.:
30-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Getting my final wire tightening thingymebob today on me brace had it in since january and then i have to have those elastic things in the brace for ages i hated mi brace the first week cause mi mouth woz numb but hey its all kool wid me now

Sank
30-08-2005, 09:30 AM
yeyeye, I never got bands, she said I would though ¬_¬.

I got Powerwires instead! GROOVEY BABY.

SupaIGA
30-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes it hurts at the start but then it stops.. Just every now and then it decideds to start moving a tooth and that hurts for a few hours

Cool-kitten007
30-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Its all worth the pain anyway i had braces for like 6 Months they said i would need them for 2 years
And now i have straight teeth
And u can show off ur teeth in pics :D

Frodo13
30-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Like on that advert. MACLEANS !!!

Rachi
30-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I ahvnt got em so i cant help rele

Luayminator
30-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Then dont post :S

-xMaceyx-
30-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Well i have got braces and well u teeth get a bit sensitive and you will have to go back to get em tightened which also causes some (mostly front) to go sensitive. Mine are pink :) Also I had to have 4 teeth pulled out and 1 taken out by surgery because i was in ma gum :( I hardly notice I have got braces now :)

Rachi
30-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Then dont post :S
I was going 2 say somethin
But i didnt kno if it was gna help

Carlos
30-08-2005, 04:44 PM
I have braces, had them in for other a year now and I'm just waiting for them to be removed (few weeks). :)

Emicat
30-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Holy poop, I will prob need one tooth out. Let me explain;
I have an extra tooth in the front row of my teeth. That tooth should have been under one of my back teeth, which is now lose. So if I don't get braces, I will have a large hole in my back row, a massive gap that I can fit a pound coin in and an teeth that are angle of a donkey's if I don't get braces. ARGH!
I hope I can choose the colour. Purple all the way!

d3stined
30-08-2005, 09:13 PM
The braces only hurt a few days after each appointments. (Well for me, because mine are monthly appointments, I dont know about you xD ) The overall braces dont hurt much, it's just how the brackets dig into your mouth xl Ickk lmao. I've had them for a little over one year now ;')

Tehee, I love picking colours for the band x') lmao And eeww, elastics are the worst xS Aghh

lucyecc
30-08-2005, 09:16 PM
all thats happend to me is: the brackets hav eaither broken coz someones hit me, or the bit where i had my teeth pulled out keeps comin loose :p - iluv to fiddle with it :)

once i ate summin hard n it wa like ouch!

my appoinments are like 7-10 weeks

Youheard
31-08-2005, 08:28 AM
It shouldnt hurt no, I got mine done privately, it cut the time by like 2 years and had no teeth pulled out at all. It wasnt cheap though...

x!x.Emily.x!x
31-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Well im on a 2 year waiting list i have had a sort of x ray of ma teeth then when i go back i think im having them probaly i will need teeth out ;( but o well..

Clarissa
31-08-2005, 05:29 PM
I could get mine done privatly as i have heath insurance, i dunno why i don't actually, im having my bottom brace put in next week and the top one is ages away because i still have 2 canine teeth to come thru, well at least i dont have them both put in together so i have a chance to get used to having the bottom ones in first.

YellowParasol
31-08-2005, 07:17 PM
The braces only hurt a few days after each appointments. (Well for me, because mine are monthly appointments, I dont know about you xD ) The overall braces dont hurt much, it's just how the brackets dig into your mouth xl Ickk lmao. I've had them for a little over one year now ;')

Tehee, I love picking colours for the band x') lmao And eeww, elastics are the worst xS Aghh
:p I have Blue Colour Bands ;D

CustomHabbo
31-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Omgshzessss lmao i h8 braces :@ wheneveg i get into a fight with my bro and he hits me in the face the braces go into my lip and my mouth is all bloody :@ n e ways i got silver bands lmao

Squishybeamz
31-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Im Getting Braces In A Few Weeks But I Already Know What's Going To Happen:
Can't Talk Propberly For A Few Days
When Getting Braces Tightened Its Quite Sore
My Friend Cut There Lip By Accidently Biting Their Tounge So Watch Out

Btw Im Having The Worse My Dentist Says My Teeth Are Over Crowded (Too Many Teeth In My Mouth) He's Pulling Out 7 Of My Teeth!

Good Points:
Your Teeth Are Fixed Once The Treatment Is Over
Sometimes You Get To Pick The Colour Of Your Braces

Clarissa
01-09-2005, 02:42 PM
i has 6 teeth out dw, are you having local or general anathetic?

Embean
05-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Lol, i dont need braces and i dont think i will,
My teeth are quite straight i think.
And white.
Nice and white :)

Clarissa
05-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Lol, i dont need braces and i dont think i will,
My teeth are quite straight i think.
And white.
Nice and white :)

oooo... dont boast :(

Embean
05-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Im only saying, im not bragging :(

I used to have braces and i hope i dont need them again,
I stopped wearing them when i was about 12.

but my teeth are straight enough now so.. :)

/Rossco\
05-09-2005, 10:42 AM
okaii, thx for giving me some gd info about braces cuz i gotta have 3 teeth out on wed for the dumb things nd anuva 3 the following week :o :'(

i had 2 get 3 teeth out in total. tht doesn't hurt at all. wen i got it done i couldn't feel half my head lol. but its easy gettin the brackets on, the sore parts are when the wires go on and are tightened, and when they are taken off
but its no bother. its bearable if thts wot u mean

Clarissa
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
im scared of having the wires put on now, i gota have that done o wednesday :(

Embean
05-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Bless :(, Good-luck <3

!.x6x.Fliss.x9x.!
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Im getting the brackets put on for my braces tomorrow does it hurt? :(:(

Any can you post any other comments about the pain involved with braces.

Thanks

-Clarissa
Yes it really hurts, I'm sorry to say. The first week is hell but when you have them taken off it's well worth it and you're glad you had them :D Try biting into a soft toy or something lmao it sounds strange but it helps tkae the pain away :p

Clarissa
05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
heh thanks ill try that :P

Embean
05-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Yes it really hurts, I'm sorry to say. The first week is hell but when you have them taken off it's well worth it and you're glad you had them :D Try biting into a soft toy or something lmao it sounds strange but it helps tkae the pain away :p

ROFLMAONESS!!!!!!!!

chloe984
05-09-2005, 05:32 PM
i had 2 teeth out the other week and have to have olike 1 more out now 2 days before my birthday but i got to have braces soon :o im a bit frightened

Addie
25-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Does Train Tracks hurt?Im getting them in 2 years :(

mousemutant
30-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I've had a tooth pulled out.. it was rotting though...

I can't stand braces, I dunno, it's just one of those things on my list of "No's"

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!