PDA

View Full Version : Default Outlook Colour

peteyt
18-09-2011, 01:55 AM
For some reason every time I go to send an email in outlook 2007, I have to change the text colour from blue to black.

Is there a way to set black as the default colour, it seems kind of weird to have it starting as blue. It's easily changed its just a bit of an annoyance.

MKR&*42
18-09-2011, 07:41 AM
I don't think I have outlook 2007 (not sure) but I still managed to find out how to change it:

1. Click on the tools menu, then click options.

2. On the mail format tab click stationary and fonts.

3. On the Personal Stationery tab, you will see the word 'font' twice. Once under "New mail messages" and Once under "Replying or forwarding messages" - If you want to edit your font, so it is black all the time, when you reply to and compose messages, then you'll have to edit both (step 4) . If you only want to make it black when you reply to messages, click "font" underneath "replying and forwarding" and of course, if you only want to make it black when you compose messages, select "font" underneath "new mail messages".

4. Once you have selected "font" a pop-up box should appear. In here you can edit, style, size, font and colour!

5. If you need to edit the default font colour twice ( for replying and composing emails ) - then do step 4 again, using the other 'font' button.

6. Once you have finished editing in the pop-up box, Click Ok - then the next time you create a message, it should be default black!

Message me, if you're still stuck.

Recursion
18-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Outlook's reply text has always been blue, no one will think any less of you for keeping it that way.

peteyt
21-09-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't think I have outlook 2007 (not sure) but I still managed to find out how to change it:

1. Click on the tools menu, then click options.

2. On the mail format tab click stationary and fonts.

3. On the Personal Stationery tab, you will see the word 'font' twice. Once under "New mail messages" and Once under "Replying or forwarding messages" - If you want to edit your font, so it is black all the time, when you reply to and compose messages, then you'll have to edit both (step 4) . If you only want to make it black when you reply to messages, click "font" underneath "replying and forwarding" and of course, if you only want to make it black when you compose messages, select "font" underneath "new mail messages".

4. Once you have selected "font" a pop-up box should appear. In here you can edit, style, size, font and colour!

5. If you need to edit the default font colour twice ( for replying and composing emails ) - then do step 4 again, using the other 'font' button.

6. Once you have finished editing in the pop-up box, Click Ok - then the next time you create a message, it should be default black!

Message me, if you're still stuck.

Thanks worked great. Still find it weird that its not automatic colour (black) by default. I've added to your reputation.

Outlook's reply text has always been blue, no one will think any less of you for keeping it that way.

I don't know. When sending important business emails I like to have everything right.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!