PDA

View Full Version : any good xbox console bundles out (+14rep)

beth
20-09-2011, 04:58 PM
heyaaa, my nan is buying me a new xbox for my birthday next week and i was just wondering if anyone knew any good bundle deals/console only deals around at the moment?

have been looking at game/gamestation but everytime i order what looks like a good deal, they email back telling me it's out of stock so bit pissed off really.

any hd size/any controllers/any games etc. just looking for a bargain really. :)
new console only though.

thanksss (+14reppp)

AgnesIO
20-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey :)

I can't tell you if any of these are good deals, as I am sort of out of touch with xBox prices since I got my PS3! However, I got my PS3 bundle from here, so this might be decent..

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{643897}%2bc{362}%2bc{10049}%2b c{4656}%2b

samsaBEAR
20-09-2011, 09:32 PM
you might as well get the gears xbox because it (obviously) comes with gears 3. it's like £269 but I know your nan won't mind spending that much on you ;D. i don't know how much longer it'll be on sale for though

beth
20-09-2011, 09:34 PM
you might as well get the gears xbox because it (obviously) comes with gears 3. it's like £269 but I know your nan won't mind spending that much on you ;D. i don't know how much longer it'll be on sale for though

you get gears 3 free with any xbox at argos!! and there was a 4gb console + gears package for 159.99 at game i just don't understand about the hard drive thing anymore though so like there's the 4gb one but can i still add an external hard drive to it like the old one?

Neil
20-09-2011, 11:40 PM
you get gears 3 free with any xbox at argos!! and there was a 4gb console + gears package for 159.99 at game i just don't understand about the hard drive thing anymore though so like there's the 4gb one but can i still add an external hard drive to it like the old one?

If it's a 4gb I assume that means it's a slim and as far as I know you can't buy slim hard drives separate yet, I'm not entirely sure but you'd be better off getting a decently sized hard drive as 4gb just isn't enough.

samsaBEAR
20-09-2011, 11:42 PM
yeah you can, or you can just buy a bigger hard drive. i think they're like £60 for the new xboxs. if you get it though, be careful coz some games won't let you play online with the 4GB (like Halo),
I'm not 100% sure whether Gears will or not

beth
21-09-2011, 01:28 AM
If it's a 4gb I assume that means it's a slim and as far as I know you can't buy slim hard drives separate yet, I'm not entirely sure but you'd be better off getting a decently sized hard drive as 4gb just isn't enough.

ahhhhh the larger hdd's are quite expensive and i feel a bit rude asking my nan to pay nearly 300 quid hmmm. in fairness, i'm not one to play games through cause i get so bored. it's mainly online.

yeah you can, or you can just buy a bigger hard drive. i think they're like £60 for the new xboxs. if you get it though, be careful coz some games won't let you play online with the 4GB (like Halo),
I'm not 100% sure whether Gears will or not

!!! fer real? why can't i play online with 4gb. will black ops/mw2(and eventually mw3)? i don't wanna rip my nan off ya see. i don't wanna make her pay tonnes haha, but like you can get preowned but (as you know) i have a pre-owned xbox graveyard in my kitchen at the moment so i don't really wanna go there again.

Neil
21-09-2011, 07:32 AM
You might be able to pick up a cheap pre-owned one with a few games if you check the stores but that's about it really, the 4gb one simply isn't worth the money unless you can get a bigger hard drive to go with it, as far as I know Halo Reach was the only game that the 4gb couldn't play online but as far as I'm aware that was patched so it works now, not really sure.

samsaBEAR
21-09-2011, 10:50 AM
yes you can - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003VYAX1I/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003NSBMF8&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0DDP0DE0SWV8ZHKHCAK1

!!! fer real? why can't i play online with 4gb. will black ops/mw2(and eventually mw3)? i don't wanna rip my nan off ya see. i don't wanna make her pay tonnes haha, but like you can get preowned but (as you know) i have a pre-owned xbox graveyard in my kitchen at the moment so i don't really wanna go there again.
i think it was because Halo downloads a lot of extra information while you play to make the game quicker to find matches and stuff, i think it was something like that anyway. COD doesn't do it though. the 4gb will be fine for you, because as you said, you only play online. the only problem you'll get is if you wanna get DLC. Most packs for COD are 500MB+and I assume the Gears 3 ones will be big as well

beth
22-09-2011, 12:54 AM
hmmm, think i'm gonna get the 4gb console with gears 3 free at argos for 139.99 and then buy an external hard drive (:

thanks for yr help guys xxx.

Lamz
22-09-2011, 11:38 AM
hmmm, think i'm gonna get the 4gb console with gears 3 free at argos for 139.99 and then buy an external hard drive (:

thanks for yr help guys xxx.

I was gonna get the 4gb but i realised for like £40 more you can get the 250gb so I did... When I got the 3year warranty & HDMI Cable it came to £300+ (can't remember the exact total) & this was the new xbox (got it almost two months ago) so I'd recommend payin' a lil extra for more gb's might also work out cheaper than buying an external hard-drive...

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-360-250gb-48639?categoryIdentifier=103618&attributeName1=Shop%20By&attributeValue1=

(http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-360-250gb-48639?categoryIdentifier=103618&attributeName1=Shop%20By&attributeValue1=)also when my mum went in the store... they said that the stuff they have online diffur to what they have in store so it's better to go in store

beth
22-09-2011, 06:15 PM
ended up buying a 4gb and an external hd and got gears 3 free so pretty happy :D.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!