PDA

View Full Version : Is Circumcision Right or Wrong?

Tylervo
25-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Recently there has been talk about the harmful effects of circumcision
on sexual health. Some men who have been severely affected by circumcision have even considered nonsurgical restoration to grow back their foreskins. Foreskin restoration does not grow back nerves or complex anatomy, but it restores skin through mitosis. Personally, I strongly believe that circumcision is a violation of bodily rights, so much so, that I am an intactivist.

A new option called foreskin regeneration which can restore EVERYTHING may be available for men in the near future. I've started a petition for foreskin regeneration if anybody wants to sign it. Petition is at the link below:

http://www.restore-foreskin.com/petition.htm

The petition's aim is to get congress to pass legislation to protect bodily rights and to urge medical communities to research foreskin regeneration. It is my hope that through this message, they will consider foreskin regeneration research sometime in the future, if not now. If you oppose circumcision or support foreskin regeneration, be sure to sign. The currently goal is 10,000 signatures.

I would also like to know everyone's stand on circumcision. Do you think it's right or wrong? I know many people believe it's wrong, but I want to know WHY you think it's wrong and if you think it's right, why do you think it's right? Discuss.

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): From "Discuss Anything", as it is better suited here!

-:Undertaker:-
25-09-2011, 10:52 PM
I hardly think its a big issue, non-medical circumcision is based around tradition and/or personal taste. An individual and a family know what is best as opposed to the state, what the state has to do with the regulation of foreskins is beyond me quite frankly.

As for the bill with Congress, surely this is a decision best suited for the states as opposed to the federal government?

October
25-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Lol? It's healthier without the foreskin. You're not as prone to as many diseases and infections.
It's done out of tradition and for religious purposes tbh.

GommeInc
25-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Hmm, interesting discussion :P If it's for religious purposes and for medical purposes where the foreskin is too tight and is causing harm, then it's fine. I've never understood circumsicion for vanity purposes. Not sure what to think of the disease and infection debate. Like anything, cleanliness and proper hygiene make the world of difference, you do not need to mutilate yourself to save yourself from being dirty. Then again, I am considering lopping off my ears because they're so so dirty behind there :/

Metric1
25-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I think it's hilarious how people think it's cleaner and you're not going to get aids and stuff like that if you're cut. If you're dirty and don't shower, maybe you will. It takes all of 30 seconds to retract your foreskin and wash underneath it. There problem solved. As for the aids, use a condom, you should be practicing safe sex anyway.

I think circumcision is a personal choice that should be left up to the individual to make at an appropriate age. I am happy I am uncut, maybe I would be happy if I was cut? maybe I would hate it if I was cut. I'm happy I get to experience having a natural penis and I don't have to wonder what it would be like if I did have a foreskin.

Ardemax
26-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Very interesting topic haha.

Religions (Islam and Judaism) will always use the practice because it's what they believe, and stuff.

As for being healthy and disease catch-a-bility, I don't think there's much difference between having a foreskin and not. Remember folks: a clean penis is a happy penis.

Hecktix
26-09-2011, 10:14 PM
It's your body therefore you should be entitled to do what you want with it. If you want to be circumcised, why should anybody stop you? It's similar to getting a tattoo - one could argue there are harmful effects of that too.

Special
26-09-2011, 10:51 PM
religious point of view; wrong, because you're forced to do it

personal/medical point of view; right, because you chose to do it

LordUsagi
27-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Honestly, do what you want. Sure at birth, when you have no opinion and your parents decide it's a bit like herpa derpa. But I like the look of circumcised much more then uncircumcised, so much so that I can't stand to look at the latter.

Also; I'm not too sure about the healthier thing... wasn't that a disproven myth of the 90s?

GirlNextDoor15
27-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Funny when I read '30 seconds to retract your foreskin and wash underneath it'. I would be the first female to post here.
It's for religion purposes but for those who doesn't want a cut penis, then it's their choice. We can't say that it's wrong because it's not scientifically proven that cutting the foreskin will prevent certain STDs. So, yeah. It would be a lot better if you leave it for them to choose.

beth
27-09-2011, 10:22 AM
i don't think it's right or wrong as long yr not forced into any procedure yr not comfortable with. not amazingly comfortable with the tradition of very young boys being circumcised because i believe it should be YR choice, not yr parents or whoever is making that decision for you, it's yr body. though yr parents have given birth to you and provided you with things etc, they have no ownership or right to what YOU do with YR body.

i've only ever come across one male in my life with a circumcision, and his had gone wrong and he was so insecure about it. that was his parents choice to do that to him, and now for the rest of his life he will live with that insecurity. i have no preference over either. i think they look a bit funny circumcised, but it would never stop me hahahaha.

a lot of people in this thread haven't picked up on female circumcision which is a massive cause of distress to many tribal females in third world africa. there's a lot of interesting monologues and harrowing information on it in the "vagina monologues". really interesting subject, probably more debatable than male circumcision really.

Oleh
27-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, if you have a problem such as Phimosis then circumcision should be considered a last resort option, but if you want it "to look good" or "for cleanliness" then it shouldn't be a plausible option. It is a myth that it's cleaner with circumcision, and a myth only, if you have to force-ably remove the foreskin to make it cleaner, why is it there in the first place?

GommeInc
27-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Well, if you have a problem such as Phimosis then circumcision should be considered a last resort option, but if you want it "to look good" or "for cleanliness" then it shouldn't be a plausible option. It is a myth that it's cleaner with circumcision, and a myth only, if you have to force-ably remove the foreskin to make it cleaner, why is it there in the first place?
Lazy narcissitic ninnies is what it is :P Metric summed it up as blunt and to the point as possible. It takes seconds to pull it back and give it a scrub. People who do it for vanity purposes really confuse me :/ Obviously if it's medical then it's best to get rid of it (even though I'm sure I read somewhere you can get it stretched to not be so tight).

But I guess if people want to mutilate their bodies, then it's their decision :P

The Don
27-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Lazy narcissitic ninnies is what it is :P Metric summed it up as blunt and to the point as possible. It takes seconds to pull it back and give it a scrub. People who do it for vanity purposes really confuse me :/ Obviously if it's medical then it's best to get rid of it (even though I'm sure I read somewhere you can get it stretched to not be so tight).

But I guess if people want to mutilate their bodies, then it's their decision :P

There are other conditions which aren't cured by simply stretching, so it's a bit naive of you to make that last statement.

GommeInc
27-09-2011, 08:52 PM
There are other conditions which aren't cured by simply stretching, so it's a bit naive of you to make that last statement.
I never stated all conditions can be cured by stretching ;) And the last comment about mutilating yourself for the sake of hygiene is true, there has to be more reasons to be circumcised than being too lazy to clean your penis - even though a cut penis doesn't make it immune from grime and dirt.

Tylervo
28-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Thank you for your responses everyone. This is generating an interesting discussion. Please do continue. I'm intrigued.

It's your body therefore you should be entitled to do what you want with it. If you want to be circumcised, why should anybody stop you? It's similar to getting a tattoo - one could argue there are harmful effects of that too.

We're talking about infant circumcision. Of course, if you're an adult and want to amputate a healthy body part for personal reasons, then by all means. Your comparison between getting a tattoo and circumcising is poor. Circumcision permanently removes a body part, while getting a tattoo does not permanently alter your body.

Religions (Islam and Judaism) will always use the practice because it's what they believe, and stuff.

As for being healthy and disease catch-a-bility, I don't think there's much difference between having a foreskin and not. Remember folks: a clean penis is a happy penis.

Appeal to popularity fallacy. A clean penis does not necessarily mean that you will be happy. Our culture has adopted the attitude that clean means healthy, but provides no research to support that attitude.

Lol? It's healthier without the foreskin. You're not as prone to as many diseases and infections.

Indeed. It's all cultural brainwashing. Our culture changes who we are and determines our attitudes. Circumcision was originally promoted by Kellog to repress autoeroticism. Unfortunately, his idea did not work so well. So why did circumcision continue? Because our culture propels this practice. Our culture refuses to admit that circumcision was ultimately invented to reduce sexual function and continues to support circumcision simply because, "It's the way things are. Boys are cut here.". Circumcision is not a medical practice. It's mutilation that is powered by delusional reasons and poor motives.

Honestly, do what you want. Sure at birth, when you have no opinion and your parents decide it's a bit like herpa derpa. But I like the look of circumcised much more then uncircumcised, so much so that I can't stand to look at the latter.

Also; I'm not too sure about the healthier thing... wasn't that a disproven myth of the 90s?

Yet another error in reasoning. The fact that you think it looks better does not justify circumcision. It is still wrong.

Yes, it's a myth. See above.

Appeal to popularity fallacy. A clean penis does not necessarily mean that you will be happy. Our culture has adopted the attitude that clean means healthy, but provides no research to support that attitude.

Indeed. It's all cultural brainwashing. Our culture changes who we are and determines our attitudes. Circumcision was originally promoted by Kellog to repress autoeroticism. Unfortunately, his idea did not work so well. So why did circumcision continue? Because our culture propels this practice. Our culture refuses to admit that circumcision was ultimately invented to reduce sexual function and continues simply because, "It's the way things are". Circumcision is not a medical practice. It's mutilation that is powered by delusional reasons and poor motives.

Yet another error in reasoning. The fact that you think it looks better does not justify circumcision. It is still wrong.

Yes, it's a myth. See above.

Ardemax
29-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Chill out! It's called "sarcasm".

e5
29-09-2011, 08:40 PM
People need circumcision for different reasons. If they choose to then cool.

JoeyK.
30-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Alright, this is a pretty personal topic; many of these replies contain very sensitive data. My disclaimer - Stop reading now if you don't want to read anything about this topic.

I do not think that this is practice that should be done at birth, or shortly after. Personally, I feel this should be a choice for each individual. I wish I had had the choice; I would not necessarily have not done it, I just would prefer the option instead of having it done at an age where I could not protest.

In my opinion, no changes should be made to a human body before the person in question becomes an adult and can decide for themselves.

:Gero
19-10-2011, 01:43 PM
It seems to be a yearly 'fashion' as such, where it is sometimes considered more likely to snip, then other years its not.
I agree that religion does control most of the decisions.

As for deciding when you're a respectable age, eeep. I know people that got their circumcision at the age of 14-20, That is a pain I would not like to remember. I remember them walking around like penguins and wearing cups for like 2+ weeks.

Vinnie:Safety
27-10-2011, 02:55 PM
I didnt read the entire thread post, but to answer your question, its niether "right" nor "wrong"
Its majorly health.
Uncircumcised you can get dirty underneath the foreskin which can cause diseases or such.
Circumcised, prevents the above statement, and makes sex better for the male. Nerves.
Uncircumcised is also ugly.

---------- Post added 27-10-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

to those saying it should be your choice , and not your parents, well it was your parents choice to have you...
they could have kept it wrapped and you be thrown in the trash, to the serious people about this, calm down, forreal.

*REMOVED*

MAkes is much easier.

im also quite happy my parents had me circumcised, **** i knew i would want to be if i wasnt and how scary it would be to have it done now..

Edited by Infectious (Forum Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately!

beth
27-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I didnt read the entire thread post, but to answer your question, its niether "right" nor "wrong"
Its majorly health.
Uncircumcised you can get dirty underneath the foreskin which can cause diseases or such.
Circumcised, prevents the above statement, and makes sex better for the male. Nerves.
Uncircumcised is also ugly.

---------- Post added 27-10-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

to those saying it should be your choice , and not your parents, well it was your parents choice to have you...
they could have kept it wrapped and you be thrown in the trash, to the serious people about this, calm down, forreal.

*REMOVED*

MAkes is much easier.

im also quite happy my parents had me circumcised, **** i knew i would want to be if i wasnt and how scary it would be to have it done now..

this is so disturbing it's unreal.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please stay on topic. Debate rules: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=615942

27-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I have no right to an opinion?
Wtf..

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please stay on topic. Debate rules: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=615942

beth
27-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I have no right to an opinion?
Wtf..

no yr very much entitled to yr opinion there are just ways of saying things that aren't graphically disturbing.

27-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe my graphically description was inappropriate and should have used the correct term, which i cant remember at the moment.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!