PDA

View Full Version : new mobile skin

samsaBEAR
28-09-2011, 10:29 AM
it works completely fine for me, but can we stop it from showing peoples signatures/avatars?
They take up too much room, and I don't wanna have to waste my 3G allowance loading up random pictures

kuzkasate
28-09-2011, 02:42 PM
It works fine but I really don't like it. I prefer the old one :(

Sharon
28-09-2011, 03:50 PM
NO KEEP THE SIGNATURE FEATURE I REALLY LIKE IT :@

maybe put a setting to turn it off!

Chippiewill
28-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I like the setting idea also, I really like the style, can you make a fixed width verson for desktops, it's actually a really nice minimal style apart from all the stretched buttons.

Elegance
28-09-2011, 03:58 PM
i quite like the new one. although it won't let me view my inbox :S

& i think a feature to turn off signatures is a good idea as my blackberry can't handle gifs :(

kuzkasate
28-09-2011, 04:59 PM

& i think a feature to turn off signatures is a good idea as my blackberry can't handle gifs :(

You press that thing in the top right corner, think it's the middle icon and click Private Messages.

I really don't like it though, notifications don't pop up, you can't check your profile or your User CP :(

Elegance
28-09-2011, 05:09 PM
You press that thing in the top right corner, think it's the middle icon and click Private Messages.

I really don't like it though, notifications don't pop up, you can't check your profile or your User CP :(

my browser screen just goes all white :(

AgnesIO
28-09-2011, 05:28 PM

To be fair, Blackberries cannot handle much lol

---

Checked out the mob skin, and it is alright (prefer it over the previous one). Having said that, I still prefer Tapatalk! haha

geo
28-09-2011, 05:30 PM
i went on blackberry and ipod.
the mobile skin just looks like a bunch of writing on word and links? i'm sure it shouldn't look like that :P
there's no boxes to divide it on mine? :S

i think the old one was better tbh :P

Red
28-09-2011, 05:52 PM
it doesn't work for me on my iphone 4. It had fixed itself but then broke again so I can only see the first page of threads, can't edit posts etc. The other one was much better and if anything I would rather just view the site in full site mode.

geo
28-09-2011, 08:04 PM
ye this has happened to me, its all broken and eww.

chantellehugs
29-09-2011, 09:13 AM
I think its alright but if a thread has say 2 pages of responses there's no button to let me see the 2nd page of responses.
Unless there is a button and I just can't see it...

HotelUser
29-09-2011, 11:22 AM
This is a skin that now comes with vBulletin, which motivated us to use it over its predecessor. Originally when we installed it, everything loaded white, private messaging didn't work and that menu bar in the top was non-existant. The water leaks have since been patched but from what several people are saying here I suppose the skin still isn't working as it should. If anyone who's having problems with the skin could restate their problem along with which mobile operating system (iPhone => iOS, BlackBerry => BBOS) they're using we'll do our best to investigate. If we find more users preferred the old mobile skin we can re-enable that.

beth
29-09-2011, 12:09 PM
This is a skin that now comes with vBulletin, which motivated us to use it over its predecessor. Originally when we installed it, everything loaded white, private messaging didn't work and that menu bar in the top was non-existant. The water leaks have since been patched but from what several people are saying here I suppose the skin still isn't working as it should. If anyone who's having problems with the skin could restate their problem along with which mobile operating system (iPhone => iOS, BlackBerry => BBOS) they're using we'll do our best to investigate. If we find more users preferred the old mobile skin we can re-enable that.

iOS links don't work at bottom of page (return to full skin/log out etc), opening the little menu in the corner freezes it, can't quote anyone.

alv4
29-09-2011, 01:08 PM
I really like it :) pretty good ^^

Red
29-09-2011, 01:40 PM
iPhone => iOS
links at bottom do not work eg. can't go into full site mode
can only view the first page of threads
can't edit your post
spoiler tags don't work
the general layout doesn't look right either. There was a brief period when mine seemed to have fixed itself but its back to how it was.

Rozi
29-09-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm using BBOS 5 andddd it just comes up with my custom background, absoloutely nothing else if I load the index page

samsaBEAR
02-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Like I said, I have a Desire and I'm running Gingerbread, and the skin works fine, but I believe the old skin was far better. It didn't load up all the pictures so it was quick to load/easy on my data allowance, and seemed to work on all devices

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!