PDA

View Full Version : The Sonic The Hedgehog Thread

Southe,
28-09-2011, 09:05 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/southe89/sonic-the-hedgehog-title1.jpg

Thread for all things Sonic, Thought it would be better to have a thread then the odd one that pops up everytime theres a new game announced.

So few questions to get started

- First game?
- Fave Game?
- Fave Character?
- Fave Stage?
- Fave Piece of Music?
- Looking forward to Generations?

So found out 2 things today about Generations. 1 the UK Collectors Edition is sold out which is a good sign, luckily got my copy pre ordered. And also Generations will be sponsoring The Simpsons on Sky from October till the end of the year, good to see Sega try and get Sonic back on his feet.

TonyBest
30-09-2011, 11:34 PM
First game I played: Sonic 1
Fave Game: Sonic Adventure 2 (For now... Sonic Generations is looking like its going to beat that when it comes out)
Fave Character: Sonic obviously
Fave Piece of Music: Either Shadows theme in Sonic Adventure 2 OR the opening theme for Shadow the Hedgehog
Looking forward to Generations??: HELL YES!

Chris
08-10-2011, 04:38 PM
- First game?: Sonic 1
- Fave Game?: Sonic 3
- Fave Character?: Sonic :P
- Fave Stage?: Green hill FTW
- Fave Piece of Music?: Definitely the music from shadow.
- Looking forward to Generations?: Yeah, it's looking brilliant :D

Fire-Fox
20-10-2011, 11:07 PM
- First game: Sonic & Knuckles
- Fave Game: Sonic Adventure 2
- Fave Character: Knuckles
- Fave Stage: City Escape
- Fave Piece of Music: Sonic Adventure theme song
- Looking forward to Generations: Meh

GommeInc
21-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Might as well join in :P

First game - Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic 1)
Fave Game - Sonic Adventure 2
Fave Character - Miles 'Tails' Prowler
Fave Stage - Sky Chase Zone / Chemical Plant Zone
Fave Piece of Music - Difficult one :P I quite like Lava Reef Zone's soundtrack.
Looking forward to Generations - Not entirely. At the moment it's a no from me. They need to keep to what made the franchise good, and the last game to have that glimmer was Sonic Adventure 2.

- Looking forward to Generations: Meh
Do you feel the same way I do and feel that the game doesn't really show signs of the old Sonic spark or just a bit indifferent at the moment and waiting to see what happens around the time of release?

Fire-Fox
21-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Might as well join in :P

First game - Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic 1)
Fave Game - Sonic Adventure 2
Fave Character - Miles 'Tails' Prowler
Fave Stage - Sky Chase Zone / Chemical Plant Zone
Fave Piece of Music - Difficult one :P I quite like Lava Reef Zone's soundtrack.
Looking forward to Generations - Not entirely. At the moment it's a no from me. They need to keep to what made the franchise good, and the last game to have that glimmer was Sonic Adventure 2.

Do you feel the same way I do and feel that the game doesn't really show signs of the old Sonic spark or just a bit indifferent at the moment and waiting to see what happens around the time of release?

I'm just not feeling the spark, man. I watched the trailer, and it didn't really do anything for me. I think after all these terrible games I might just be a little sour towards the franchise, but at the same time maybe they just aren't doing something right that would make me feel excited like I was for Adventure 2. I don't know why. I just know how I feel about this game.

GommeInc
22-10-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm just not feeling the spark, man. I watched the trailer, and it didn't really do anything for me. I think after all these terrible games I might just be a little sour towards the franchise, but at the same time maybe they just aren't doing something right that would make me feel excited like I was for Adventure 2. I don't know why. I just know how I feel about this game.
A fair answer and I know what you mean. The last Sonic games have been dreadful, completely lowering any sort of loyalism or morale towards the franchise. The last Sonic game I bought was Sonic Colours, which had a bit of spark but no where near the inferno that was Adventure 2. The controls for Colours were dreadful too, when Sonic Games need to have perfect controls.

They need to have a long hard look at themselves, and make games which actually have a decent storyline that appeals to all audiences, like we saw in the Sonic Adventure games. Lately they either lack a storyline, or speak in baby talk or attempt to be funny when Sonic was only ever funny in the cartoon shows where Eggman was callled Robotnik.

Southe,
22-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Nice to see some people are excited and yea i can see how some people will be a bit wary about this but meh. I personaly just got on with them and enjoyed them for what they were sure adventure 2 is miles better but ya know. Saying that my mate who hasn't played a Sonic game since 2006 hasn't stopped playing the demo which is a good sign.

My go
- First game - Sonic 1
- Fave Game - Adventure 2/Sonic 3
- Fave Character - Sonic
- Fave Stage - Green Hill, Ice Cap or Rooftops from Unleashed
- Fave Piece of Music - Like most of it. especially anything done by Jun Senoue.
Waiting for this to be released next month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxlOQsebO3U
- Looking forward to Generations - Of course spending £75 on the CE lol.

Sonic Cd Trailer - Anyone going to be getting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24tjOBMEFCs

And a CD was recently released which contains the Sonic 1 + 2 Soundtrack and the demo versions.
Original Green Hill Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0T5HxM0F-4

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!