PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Website Up REP+11

efq
29-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I am in need of a few tips to get Google to grab your website and it's data.

The website I need pushing higher in the Google searches is a toy shop website. There is an actual store in our city centre that is thriving all the time but we want to expand a bit and get our website going.

Christmas is soon arriving and we're now in our biggest and most important quarter and anything to get our products on the website top of SE's would be great.

If anyone knows of any tips, keywords, tags etc that would be best to use then it would be much appreciated!

REP+11 for decent attempts to help!

Thank you

Thread moved by Oleh (Forum Moderator): As I feel it's more suited here

N!ck
29-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Unique page titles and H1 tags, good internal linking structure and good URL structure. Write unique product descriptions for as many products as possible rather than using default text from the manufacturer/supplier.

Make the website fast - combine external CSS and javascript files, enable GZIP compression, optimise images (lossless compression). Most importantly for speed make sure static content can be cached with expires hearers etc.

Chippiewill
04-10-2011, 09:56 PM
http://static.seomoz.org/user_files/SEO_Web_Developer_Cheat_Sheet.pdf

What you're trying to do is SEO, search engine optimisation. Also if you know any friends or people who own websites with high pageranks ask them to link you or something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!