PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] School alt

2LQ
29-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Posted the original a good while ago, haven't done any pixel art since. I had some spare time so I added a few bits.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7139/altl.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/altl.png/)
Added a bit of shading and the blackboard, fixed the doors as well.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2505/school2.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/school2.png/)
Rate?

Kaytti
29-09-2011, 09:50 PM
First of all, everything looks a little too box-like. Many of the black lines can either be softened with lighter colours or removed completely.

The desk 'feet' are bit odd looking. I know it's hard to make something look thin, but a few minor adjustments should fix that.
The shading is also incorrect. Shading on the inside gives the impression of an inverted bevel and normally, when you look a a table, you don't see a slightly darker shading rim.

It looks in some places also a little flat. What you need to do is add some texture, some curves and some better colours (the green doors I'm afraid don't work).
I just reread this and it sounds harsh, but you've done an okay job. You just need to take it to the next level, experiment and make it a little more 3D.

:)

2LQ
29-09-2011, 09:57 PM
First of all, everything looks a little too box-like. Many of the black lines can either be softened with lighter colours or removed completely.

The desk 'feet' are bit odd looking. I know it's hard to make something look thin, but a few minor adjustments should fix that.
The shading is also incorrect. Shading on the inside gives the impression of an inverted bevel and normally, when you look a a table, you don't see a slightly darker shading rim.

It looks in some places also a little flat. What you need to do is add some texture, some curves and some better colours (the green doors I'm afraid don't work).
I just reread this and it sounds harsh, but you've done an okay job. You just need to take it to the next level, experiment and make it a little more 3D.

:)

Yeah I see what you mean, most of this is based on my old art classroom minus the blackboard. The green doors aren't just randomly put there.
Think this is the 2nd or 3rd pixel art thing I've done o.O
Thank you for the feedback :)

Kaytti
29-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah I see what you mean, most of this is based on my old art classroom minus the blackboard. The green doors aren't just randomly put there.
Think this is the 2nd or 3rd pixel art thing I've done o.O
Thank you for the feedback :)

No problem. I was harsh, I apologise. If you need help with anything. Lemme know :)

:odey:
29-09-2011, 11:01 PM
It's starting to look great, I think maybe a little texture on the floor might work wonders, some floor tiles etc :)
And also, the door looks slightly strange, it seems to be sticking out the wall slightly,
But apart from that, it's a really nice attempt,
Nice one :D

.:Sindrolic:.
29-09-2011, 11:07 PM
The first thing I noticed was the teacher standing in the corner and his really flat head :P the way that the hair is done (which i assume is sort of a receding hair line, bald on top with hair on the sides?) makes it look like his head is flat on the top, so thats another thing you might wanna fix up. You have made the hair look better but I reckon that touch would do great :)

And one other thing is the colour of the walls and everything is really similar, maybe make your own pattern for the walls or change the floor colour or do something.

Otherwise, really good work, a lot of hard work has been put in and I hope these comments help you out :)

Rainbow
30-09-2011, 06:36 AM
That looks really good, but I'm sure some of the chairs are different heights or maybe there meant to be like that:angel:

geo
30-09-2011, 02:47 PM
It looks very good but it's very boxy (if you get me? like all the shapes are squarish shapes) and the guy looks a little odd? :P Everything looks a little flat.

2LQ
30-09-2011, 04:36 PM
That looks really good, but I'm sure some of the chairs are different heights or maybe there meant to be like that:angel:

Yeah the chairs are uneven, done this alt a few years ago so I don't have the original single pieces of furni in different files anymore so can't fix it without going through them all one by one :P

Vernier
30-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Nice alt :)

David.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!