PDA

View Full Version : Camera issues...

2LQ
29-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Right my dad gave me his camera a few days ago, he never really used it and I am becoming quite interested in photography now so i thought i could use it ;p

Basically it refuses to turn on, at first it would turn on and go to a welcome screen, basically said welcome then advertised the company then it shut off. Now it doesn't even do that, i hold in the power button, the green light flashes and thats it. Ive tried it while connected with the usb and on its own.

Its a bit old the make and model is:
Praktica DCZ 6.8 (6 Megapixel camera)

If anyone could help that would be great, saves me having to go out and buy a new one.

Oleh
30-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Your batteries are dead.

2LQ
30-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Put 3 sets of new batteries in, it still didn't work

GommeInc
30-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Does the green light still come on briefly after turning it on? If not, then I think the camera is dead, but you could try plugging it into a USB port to see if that activates it. If the light does come on, try plugging it into a USB port and see what happens, or play around with the different toggles, switches and buttons to see if something has been touched that's preventing it from working.

2LQ
30-09-2011, 12:08 PM
The green light comes on for a split second then back off. Plugging the usb in used to do something but not anymore

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!