PDA

View Full Version : spotify time limit disappeared?

beth
04-10-2011, 04:15 AM
okay so since about last monday i've noticed my spotify doesn't have a time limit anymore? i haven't upgraded to premium and i haven't changed any of my details! i did a bit of a google and there are reports of some people also not having a time limit anymore but there's no official release by spotify on any changes? have you lost yrs?

could it be to do with the facebook merge? either way, i'm not complaining. i just hope it's not a bug and it's here to stay.

(my spotify account is really really old btw just incase it's certain accounts that are losing timers)

Chippiewill
04-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Yeah, they quietly changed it without a fanfare due to the facebook merge or something. I can't quite remember the reason.

xxMATTGxx
04-10-2011, 06:29 AM
From Spotify themselves:

It’s all good news at the moment. First, we become better friends with Facebook. Now we’re removing time limits for all new users. It seems only right to give you more time to discover more music!

So, from today, there’ll be no more Spotify Open. Everybody who listens to Spotify for free will simply have a Spotify account.

All Spotify accounts come with a 6-month time-limit honeymoon! During this time, there’s no limit to the amount of ad-supported music you can enjoy. After 6 months, you’ll be limited to 10 hours of streaming a month and a 5-play limit for any individual track. Unless, of course, you’ve subscribed by then!

How does this affect existing Spotify Open users?

If you’ve had your Spotify Open account for less than six months, you’ll discover that your time cap has gone. And it’ll stay gone until your account reaches its six-month birthday. Enjoy the extra music.

If you’ve had your Spotify Open account for more than six months, you’ll still be limited by time. As you’ve been with us for a while, the chances are you also enjoyed a six-month period without time limits when you first joined.

What about paid accounts?

There’ll be no change to our paying subscribers – Spotify Unlimited and Spotify Premium will carry on giving joy as normal.

Happy listening!

Any questions, please take a look at our Help section.

http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2011/09/26/good-news-for-spotify-open-users/

Kyle
04-10-2011, 07:14 AM
My account is old too and my time limit bar tends to disappear from time to time but always creeps back up when my limit is down to around 10mins.

Red
04-10-2011, 08:03 AM
it always comes back when I have like 30 mins left :(

beth
04-10-2011, 02:10 PM
From Spotify themselves:

http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2011/09/26/good-news-for-spotify-open-users/

well idk how i fit in ha, i never had a spotify open account cause when i signed up in 2009 it was just spotify i think.

Chippiewill
04-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Then I think you technically have a spotify free account rather than an open one on their system so it might be getting confused.

Red
04-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Mine ran out yesterday but its back today and i've been listening for a few hours and no time limit has came yet! wewp.
Think I signed up in 09 through invite by my friend.
also why are people saying they have been forced to integrate their spotify with fb?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!