PDA

View Full Version : I misunderstood..

AgnesIO
10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
So with all this hype over some habbo awards thing, why is it suddenly so important to win an award from just another habbo user?

Just wondering what is so special over getting an award from FieryCold. or whatever it is

Stephen
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
dunno but people are doing a good job at spamming this forum with vote me threads

j0rd
10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
i can't seem to grasp it either, people are even doing giveaways, competitions etc for votes?

Jordan
10-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Talk about it, I don't even know how he got so "famous". I remember last year Habbox teamed up with him to host loads of events and that.

Mathew
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
bandwagon yada yada.

still, people are giving out +rep for it so why not. :P!

beth
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM
'famous' i dunno who he is....

AgnesIO
10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
dunno but people are doing a good job at spamming this forum with vote me threads

Haha, even Hx has joined in lol

i can't seem to grasp it either, people are even doing giveaways, competitions etc for votes?

If I still had furni I would buy people trophies for nothing, I would understand if he was HM or something but if he leaves no one will think about the guy? :P

Talk about it, I don't even know how he got so "famous". I remember last year Habbox teamed up with him to host loads of events and that.

I remember that, people said he was famous on .com or something, but I still don't get that - there wouldn't be this hype if lime or someone did awards.

bandwagon yada yada.

Haha, not even sure whether to bother lol

'famous' i dunno who he is....

Same, but evidently he seems to give people ******s.

Stephen
10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
bandwagon yada yada.

cos ure gonna spend 2 minutes of your life getting less than 20 rep points

geo
10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
cos ure gonna spend 2 minutes of your life getting less than 20 rep points

better than none? ..

AgnesIO
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
better than none? ..

I would give someone 20 rep points for not voting tbh.

Michael
11-10-2011, 06:24 AM
At the end of the day, its up to the people what they choose to enter and what they choose not to. If it was a event on habbox, everyone would be wanting votes but remember were not all sheep we take different paths in life and choose what we wish to do.

AgnesIO
11-10-2011, 07:24 AM
At the end of the day, its up to the people what they choose to enter and what they choose not to. If it was a event on habbox, everyone would be wanting votes but remember were not all sheep we take different paths in life and choose what we wish to do.

Evidently you are all sheep - look at the amount of people voting.

I wasn't complaining about it, but it doesn't take a genius to work out there is something is seen as "special" with this user - for example if you went and held the same events you would get no one voting - so clearly it isn't just about people choosing their "own" path..

Samantha
11-10-2011, 09:46 AM
FireyCold was the richest on .COM I think? I remember being in a final of a quiz and a question was 'who is the richest Habbo' and I guessed with FieryCold and got it right? However, I don't know how long ago this was!

I voted Habbox and I voted Finalz without any incentives, I guess I voted just to vote if you get me? Plus if they are a friend I don't see why I shouldn't help them even though my vote may not mean much.

I don't see why people are doing giverways and stuff though!

October
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Picture it this way: if you win his competition, with as Habbo famous as he is, if you win his and Habbo does one later this year, you'd probably be a shoe-in to win.

Kyle
11-10-2011, 11:07 AM
surely the whole point of voting is that you vote people that you actually believe should get the award, not because they pay you a mode sofa or give you some rep. The awards are pointless.

Plebings
11-10-2011, 01:07 PM
catergories like most likeable habbo are filled with votes for the same 4/5 people. I mean if you were actually voting, you'd vote for your favourite habbo on it, right?

Picture it this way: if you win his competition, with as Habbo famous as he is, if you win his and Habbo does one later this year, you'd probably be a shoe-in to win.

the only way to win comps like these is to clone sadly.

AgnesIO
11-10-2011, 01:33 PM
surely the whole point of voting is that you vote people that you actually believe should get the award, not because they pay you a mode sofa or give you some rep. The awards are pointless.

You would have thought so, but you might get luck and get given a lodge gate :rolleyes:

Stephen
11-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Tbh I don't think these vote me threads should be allowed anyway. They don't have discussions in them about habbo, it's just ppl who want 4 rep points going IVOTED

It's spam

But don't move to spam because I don't want em there so delete thx

Inseriousity.
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Oh I wondered where the name sounded familiar!

It's probably just something that's snowballed because of fansite advertisement/getting his friends to advertise/personal advertisement etc. I suppose it says a lot about Habbo Staff if an award ceremony by some relatively unknown Habbo is getting lots of mainstream attention rather than their own personal competitions/events.

Michael
11-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Maybe Habbox shouldn't help FieryCold out in any events next time. He only used Habbox for his own fame. He isn't even a member of Habbox!

geo
11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Tbh I don't think these vote me threads should be allowed anyway. They don't have discussions in them about habbo, it's just ppl who want 4 rep points going IVOTED

It's spam

But don't move to spam because I don't want em there so delete thx

Habbox wouldn't delete it as they've asked for votes themselves..

http://i55.tinypic.com/2i6gnis.png

Also, if you don't like a thread why don't you just keep out of it instead of posting your usual negative ****. I don't really see why ''ure gonna spend 2 minutes of your life'' posting a comment that is just ******* pointless and is not needed.

Rainbow
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I've voted my friends but people mostly use clones thinking they'll win when they'll just be auto be disqualified lmfao. I sorta dislike Fierycold and I don't understand why everyone likes him just because he was the richest habbo in .com? :S:S

Stephen
11-10-2011, 04:52 PM

Also, if you don't like a thread why don't you just keep out of it instead of posting your usual negative ****. I don't really see why ''ure gonna spend 2 minutes of your life'' posting a comment that is just ******* pointless and is not needed.

There's 5 threads or whatever in this forum... All the replies are "I've voted". Mods normally move threads that lead to absolutely no discussion to spam and I don't think these vote threads should be treated any different

geo
11-10-2011, 04:57 PM
There's 5 threads or whatever in this forum... All the replies are "I've voted". Mods normally move threads that lead to absolutely no discussion to spam and I don't think these vote threads should be treated any different

I find these voting threads exactly the same as a 'like my video' or 'join my group' thread. You're getting the same thing out of it and usually the most people will say is 'I liked it' or 'Joined' :). I really think a Habbo spam thread would be a good idea, as suggested before, so there wouldn't be any problem about people posting these threads..

Stephen
11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
that rich habbo staff bumming boy is reading the thread

AgnesIO
11-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Just saying, you might need to get everyone to vote Stephen! as the biggest troll, since clearly he is doing a better job at trolling than you since you are getting wound up and said he posts 'negative ****'.

Surely that should be your job as a 'troll' lol :P

---

Will be interesting, so FieryCold, could you explain please (in your own words? :P)

FieryCold
11-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Maybe Habbox shouldn't help FieryCold out in any events next time. He only used Habbox for his own fame. He isn't even a member of Habbox!

Actually, I've hosted events like these for quite a few years now and have formally assisted previous hotel staff with other hotel events as well. I find it a little offensive that you think I'm "using" Habbox for my own personal benefit. My decision to work with Habbox last year was done with the sole intention of uniting the hotel together as one. What better way to do that than to work with a site that is predominately filled with individuals from the UK hotel. That was the first occasion I've ever worked with a fansite directly. Historically, with or without any fansite, my events have always been this succesful. I believe the reason for this is because I put a lot of time into organizing, preparing, scheduling, and promoting events like Festival of Fright. Let's be real here. When is the last time staff have done something remotely similar over the past three years? I am doing this as a personal service for the community, something staff should be doing but are not. Rather than criticize it, try to enjoy it. And ps- I am a member, just not an active poster.

Jordan
11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Can't believe some people think he used Habbox... he doesn't need to as his events are clearly successful. I agree with FieryCold, Habbo Staff should be doing this sort of thing, not us!

Michael
11-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Actually, I've hosted events like these for quite a few years now and have formally assisted previous hotel staff with other hotel events as well. I find it a little offensive that you think I'm "using" Habbox for my own personal benefit. My decision to work with Habbox last year was done with the sole intention of uniting the hotel together as one. What better way to do that than to work with a site that is predominately filled with individuals from the UK hotel. That was the first occasion I've ever worked with a fansite directly. Historically, with or without any fansite, my events have always been this succesful. I believe the reason for this is because I put a lot of time into organizing, preparing, scheduling, and promoting events like Festival of Fright. Let's be real here. When is the last time staff have done something remotely similar over the past three years? I am doing this as a personal service for the community, something staff should be doing but are not. Rather than criticize it, try to enjoy it. And ps- I am a member, just not an active poster.

The funny thing is, Habbo Staff do sometimes do events for Habboween. Habboween is ONE of the times where they do as many events as possible. Seeing as you like to get to know the UK Habbos, didn't they ever tell you about ludus? The amount of events he did at Halloween? He did a trick or treat event where you could choose trick or treat. Some people got name changes, got banned for 24 hours as solemnly part of the 'trick' out of trick and treat etc. I see the situation of something remotely similar is out of the question, due to 'Trick or treat' which is your event has been done before.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!