PDA

View Full Version : Improving my Handwriting?

MKR&*42
16-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Ok,

So my handwriting has always been awful and it's only got slightly better over the past year. I don't even know how it's got better :L

I can write in 3 styles; Joined up (messy) , Not joined up (doesn't look right) or 'at a slant' (still quite unreadable).

Anyway, teachers go on and on at you about how handwriting is important - and I need to know if there's any tips you guys have for making your handwriting better?

Thanks,

- Warren.

tylermunjkt
16-10-2011, 10:42 AM
I get this too...

I just stick to my normal writing and try to improve it each day..

Mathew
16-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't think it will ever be a major problem providing your teachers can read it. You just need to ensure it's readable for the examiners! :P

Come on, everyone knows that doctors have terrible handwriting and they're in one of the best paid professions! :)

iJess
16-10-2011, 11:11 AM
LMAO people say that girls are supposed to have neat handwriting -.-
you should see mine, like rly omg

DPS
16-10-2011, 11:37 AM
aslong as its readable dont care what anyone says, hardly any jobs need you to actully write now. it's all typein and **** now.

Chris
16-10-2011, 11:45 AM
If its readable then its not a big issue. Just try and take your time when writing and that might help :)

Jurv
16-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Teachers are always telling me how small my handwriting is, it can sometimes take them a while to read it. I'll never change the way I write though, people are just going to have to put up with it. :P

Maatt.
16-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Its sounds stupid, but you are likely to have to go back to basics.. what you did in your first years of school. reteach yourself to write..

If you want your writing perfect, you can buy books which make you write the alphabet well etc, starting off by join up in the lines then move to with no lines...
if you just want to make it better.... what i would do it just think that what you are writing is very important and really needs to be written well. It sometimes makes it better.

hope this kind of helps (:

Circadia
16-10-2011, 02:25 PM
As long as examiners can read it you'll be fine!

Eric
16-10-2011, 03:35 PM
My handwriting is different when i'm using different mediums to write like pencil and pens. I don't think it's a big issue, i don't care about what the teachers think as long as the examiners can read it then it's fine. And you don't even need to write now. we can just type it out

AgnesIO
16-10-2011, 03:39 PM
My handwriting is different when i'm using different mediums to write like pencil and pens. I don't think it's a big issue, i don't care about what the teachers think as long as the examiners can read it then it's fine. And you don't even need to write now. we can just type it out

The exams are when you need to write :P

Red
16-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Like people said as long as it is readable you should be ok. Cos if you get an examiner who has been marking all day then gets something he has to deceiver they ain't gonna be happy ;p if you wanna relearn how to write, I would say get someone to write the letters out on pages or maybe buy a handwriting book and then you sit and copy the letters . The more you practice them like that, the more natural it will feel.

GirlNextDoor15
17-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Simple. Turn back the time when you are 3 years old and learn how to write PROPERLY again. :P

Samantha
17-10-2011, 05:51 PM
in my English last year this boy had bad handwriting and he was 16/17 and he had to use a laptop for his exams so at the moment I don't think it's a major problem for you but maybe get handwriting sheets print them out and complete them and have a handwriting book to teach yourself :P!

Narnat,
18-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as your teacher or whoever can read it. In my personal opinion I don't think people should be criticized over hand writing it's just a way that person writes.

JoeyK.
19-10-2011, 04:23 AM
I don't think I've handwritten anything except my signature in the last five years. I do not see why they would consider it to be so important when most universities ask you to type your papers these days.

Showder
19-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm not being an arrogant ***** but I must say I have alot of compliments from my "lovely" handwriting.
Only that is when it comes to joined up.
When its spaced, I fail.

Mark
19-10-2011, 09:59 AM
LOL I remember doing this stuff in Primary/Year 2. I would suggest just looking on the internet for a course or some tips on how to improve your handwriting.

beth
19-10-2011, 10:18 AM
without being harsh, i would imagine its probably too late now to train yrself into a handwriting style. my handwriting was awful aged 8 and i had an intensive course haha and now it's lovely.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!