PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn teen stabs dad to death after apparently taking Mephedrone

Slowpoke
17-10-2011, 07:29 PM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01392/Stabbing_1392245a.jpg

A TEENAGER who killed his dad and seriously wounded his mum in a knife attack said he was high on meow meow.

Jordan Ryan, 18, has confessed to nurses treating him that he had taken the illegal party drug before stabbing his parents.

If toxicology tests confirm it, this would be the first case in Britain where meow meow use was directly linked to a killing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3875535/Teen-stabbed-dad-to-death-on-meow-meow.html

--

Don't really know what to make of this

Mathew
17-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Well I didn't know what "meow meow" was until I read this.... interesting name to say the least.

Goodness knows why anyone would feel the need to do drugs in the first place.. :rolleyes:

Mark
17-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Ahh well, shows how corrupt some people in the world are, his loss I guess

GommeInc
17-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Just another pointless drug taken by a stupid individual. What else is there to say? :P

Slowpoke
17-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Sounds to me as if he's blaming the drug for him killing his parents

Chris
17-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Thats shocking! I'm sure this is something he'll live to regret.

Slowpoke
17-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Just a bit, quote in the paper says "he likes his drugs" so his fragile little brain has no doubt been destroyed. He has been sectioned under the mental health act

Rainbow
17-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Omg, that's awful and ive never heard of "meow meow" till this also!

Slowpoke
17-10-2011, 10:03 PM
It's also known as Mephedrone (this is it's actual chemical name), Meph, Drone, MCAT, MKAT, plant food, bubble

It was in the news a hell of a lot throughout 2009 and 2010 as it produces similar effects to MDMA and cocaine and because it was legal at the time and sold online and in head shops. It was banned here in April last year (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8623958.stm) and the rest of Europe moved to ban it soon after. It's now the second most popular illicit substance in the UK after cannabis. Strange that some have never heard of it! It's still legal over in America and Canada and is causing lots of trouble over there

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/jul/28/mephedrone-cocaine-drugs-survey

beth
17-10-2011, 10:05 PM
don't think you can completely blame the drug here cause i've taken mcat and i've never felt like stabbing my parents. obviously had underlying mental complaints that were aggravated.

Slowpoke
17-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I used to take it quite a lot (naughty me) and never had any adverse effects. I don't know how he can blame the drug because Mephedrone is a stimulant and entactogen which means it induces feelings of empathy, love and openness - the exact opposite of wanting to hurt someone. Indeed, it's quite clear that he had underlying mental issues and is trying to blame the drug. However, it could be that all his drug use over the years has made his mental health deteriorate

Stephen
17-10-2011, 10:15 PM
I'd stab my dad too if he pulled a face like that during photos

love how the media make it look like it was because of the drugs. Obviously he had serious mental issues anyway

plus he's ginger :L

Slowpoke
17-10-2011, 10:26 PM
It's just the nature of country to shift the blame away from ourselves. So often I see headlines like "Man rapes woman after heavy night drinking" or "Women attacks child after taking Amphetamine". What does that have to do with anything? It isn't relevant in my opinion, it's just trying to shift responsibility elsewhere and it's pathetic

xxMATTGxx
18-10-2011, 06:45 AM
Meow, Meow what a great name. To be honest the first time I heard of it was last week because of someone in college going on about it. But anyway, I hardly doubt this drug alone caused him to want to kill his parents. But that's the way the media shows it these days to any drugs, regardless if they are harmless or not.

AgnesIO
18-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Well I didn't know what "meow meow" was until I read this.... interesting name to say the least.

Goodness knows why anyone would feel the need to do drugs in the first place.. :rolleyes:

You are so cute, how did you not know what it was - it was in the papers for ages!

Agreed on the drug taking stuff though, idiot of a child.

Slowpoke
18-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Meow, Meow what a great name. To be honest the first time I heard of it was last week because of someone in college going on about it. But anyway, I hardly doubt this drug alone caused him to want to kill his parents. But that's the way the media shows it these days to any drugs, regardless if they are harmless or not.

The Sun and the Daily Mail are more powerful than the government themselves (maybe I'm slightly exaggerating, but they have a ridiculous amount of influence). Loads of new legislation nowadays is drafted in solely due to pressure from our tabloids. Sad, sad times we live in

DPS
18-10-2011, 01:46 PM
What do you expect? hes from up north. hes ginger. and hes on drugs.

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator): Please don’t make pointless posts!

geo
18-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Meow Meow, never heard of that aha. It does seem like they try to blame it on the drugs though..

AgnesIO
18-10-2011, 04:40 PM
The Sun and the Daily Mail are more powerful than the government themselves (maybe I'm slightly exaggerating, but they have a ridiculous amount of influence). Loads of new legislation nowadays is drafted in solely due to pressure from our tabloids. Sad, sad times we live in

I guess it is a good thing in many ways - the media also does a fantastic job of holding the executive to account.

Sharon
18-10-2011, 07:07 PM
I think it's just an excuse and he probably did it for other reasons.

Slowpoke
18-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I guess it is a good thing in many ways - the media also does a fantastic job of holding the executive to account.

Is this really the job of a newspaper though? Either way, they are just as corrupt as the bloody politicians! Need I mention News of the World? :P

AgnesIO
18-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Is this really the job of a newspaper though? Either way, they are just as corrupt as the bloody politicians! Need I mention News of the World? :P

Maybe not, but if the media doesn't, who does? :P

GommeInc
19-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Maybe not, but if the media doesn't, who does? :P
The courts and people going direct to their MPs, like they're meant to do :P Not some newspaper (and I use that word loosely :P) that's going to be biased or have its own political agenda. Newspapers are a good help, but many want a lot in return :P

-:Undertaker:-
19-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Although i'm for drug legalisation on the basis that you can do as much damage to yourself as you wish so, there is no denying that drug behaviour has led in many cases to people going off the rails, including treatments for so-called 'Depression'. As Peter Hitchens highlights each and every time in his blog (http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2011/07/one-more-mass-killer-one-more-drug-addled-mind.html), those behind the school shootings in America and gun rampages in the United Kingdom are almost always on some form of drugs - usually anti-depressants... including the recent Norway killings.

Really? because in my world we're still a member of the European Union which the Mail, the Sun, the Express etc all oppose. We are still forced to have comprehensive education taught to our children when the Mail, Express and the Sun etc mostly call for the return of the grammar schools - we still have Human Rights nonsense, endless regulations, endless political correctness, endless foreign adventures overseas, a corrupt political class.... all of which the broadly well-selling, right wing press highlights constantly.

If the badly selling left wing papers (with the exception of the Daily Mirror which has good sales figures) such as the Guardian, the 'Independent', the Observer have their agendas implemented, which they do, how can you possibly say that the Mail, the Sun, the Express, the Telegraph and so forth have any real power over government agenda? they simply do not.

If your wondering why then is it the case that the main papers such as the Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Daily Express etc all support the main three political parties which are opposite to the views of their readership then the answer is straight forward - the papers back these parties because when a paper backs a party it gives it an insight into government (well placed men with scoops and sources) which when that party is ultimately elected the papers have access to in return for the papers lending their offical support. And that is, sadly, how our press works.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!