PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Keyboard [+21 Rep!]

AgnesIO
17-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Finally am taking the plunge to get a decent keyboard that I can use for gaming, and that is decent for typing. Basically narrowed it down to three, after ruling out Razer due to poor reviews for the cheaper end products (such as the Lycosa).

I am going to GET one of these.. but what one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Sidewinder-X4-Keyboard-Layout/dp/B0037KLSS8/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2 - Microsoft Sidewinder X4 - good price at £24.99 (down from £50) - good reviews.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-AGB-00006-Sidewinder-X6-Keyboard/dp/B001DC9TB0/ref=pd_cp_computers_1 - Microsoft Sidewinder X6 - moore expensive at £41 (down from £70) - good reviews again.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-920-002241-G110-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B002ZLQ82G/ref=pd_cp_computers_2- Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard - more expensive at £49 (down from £70) - good reviews, although not at many.

Basically do you guys think the latter two would be worth the extra £20 - since the X4 looks like it is just as good - if not better?

Cheers

Dopiefreak
17-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Good choice not going with Razer IMO. Make good looking things, but they always break! (RAGE!!!)

The Logitech keyboards are really great for gaming, the only problem is the keys are so damn chunky and you really have to hit on them... I am on the 3rd floor of my house and I had to change it as it was too noisy when typing. For that reason I would struggle to spend money on a Logitech keyboard again unless it was purely for gaming.

One of my colleagues at work has the X4, its lovely. Never used the other though.

But hey, what do I know? I am currently using my wireless apple keyboard to game :)

AgnesIO
18-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Good choice not going with Razer IMO. Make good looking things, but they always break! (RAGE!!!)

The Logitech keyboards are really great for gaming, the only problem is the keys are so damn chunky and you really have to hit on them... I am on the 3rd floor of my house and I had to change it as it was too noisy when typing. For that reason I would struggle to spend money on a Logitech keyboard again unless it was purely for gaming.

One of my colleagues at work has the X4, its lovely. Never used the other though.

But hey, what do I know? I am currently using my wireless apple keyboard to game :)

This is what I had heard - many reviews stated keys not working/jamming - which would ruin the point in getting a new keyboard - I currently have a Microsoft Laser 5000 or something, but it isn't very responsive when gaming, often ignoring my key presses.

Dang probably not the Logitech then, loud keys is the last thing I want! £50 on what sounds like a clunky keyboard is too high haha

Thanks, will rep later x

Oleh
18-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Logitech G15 v2. Had this for about 2-3 years. Never once failed me.

AgnesIO
18-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Logitech G15 v2. Had this for about 2-3 years. Never once failed me.

There is a reason I posted this thread - it is much easier to go out and pay a large sum of money for a keyboard - when going by a budget it isn't as easy to decide.

I basically decided it wasn't worth the £70 (and then another £30+ on an equivilent mouse) for something that I won't use TOO much - learning to code in C - then Objective-C at the moment as well - but haven't played an FPS properly since MW2 - due to my keyboard being so crappy for gaming - I try and move and it ignores my key presses haha

Oleh
18-10-2011, 05:50 PM
There is a reason I posted this thread - it is much easier to go out and pay a large sum of money for a keyboard - when going by a budget it isn't as easy to decide.

I basically decided it wasn't worth the £70 (and then another £30+ on an equivilent mouse) for something that I won't use TOO much - learning to code in C - then Objective-C at the moment as well - but haven't played an FPS properly since MW2 - due to my keyboard being so crappy for gaming - I try and move and it ignores my key presses haha

I just assumed the price had dropped from the £70 I paid back then...

You might as well go HERE (http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/product-01991920-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1) and grab this

Dopiefreak
18-10-2011, 06:12 PM
If you have a PC world nearby, pop down and have a quick type on the keyboards, they have all the gaming ones on display :)

Nemo
18-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't rule out Razer just yet tbh. I recently got myself a Razer Black Widow mechanical keyboard (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ03-00390500-R3W1-Gaming-Keyboard-Layout/dp/B0046EDIHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318965663&sr=8-1), and it's just about the best damn thing i've ever had. The keys feel AMAZING to press, it has macro keys if you need them, it's nice and weighted and is just overall amazing. The only downside is it is a bit loud so if you're usually up late it might annoy other people, it sounds like ******* heaven to me though. If you choose not to get a black widow, definitely go for a mechanical keyboard. I don't care if they say they're a gaming keyboard, if it isn't a mechanical one, forget it. They're far too good to turn down.

xxMATTGxx
18-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't rule out Razer just yet tbh. I recently got myself a Razer Black Widow mechanical keyboard (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ03-00390500-R3W1-Gaming-Keyboard-Layout/dp/B0046EDIHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318965663&sr=8-1), and it's just about the best damn thing i've ever had. The keys feel AMAZING to press, it has macro keys if you need them, it's nice and weighted and is just overall amazing. The only downside is it is a bit loud so if you're usually up late it might annoy other people, it sounds like ******* heaven to me though. If you choose not to get a black widow, definitely go for a mechanical keyboard. I don't care if they say they're a gaming keyboard, if it isn't a mechanical one, forget it. They're far too good to turn down.

Did a search on youtube of someone typing on that keyboard, man it sounds awesome! Shame it will probably annoy people in bed at night though :(

AgnesIO
18-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Did a search on youtube of someone typing on that keyboard, man it sounds awesome! Shame it will probably annoy people in bed at night though :(

Yeah that wouldn't be ideal for me sadly, but would be great.

Also not really wanting to spend too much since I only want it for 2/3 games :P

AgnesIO
19-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Bought the X4, arrived today :)

Seems like a very good keyboard so far - the back lighting is nice too!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!