PDA

View Full Version : Educating Essex

Mathew
17-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Has anyone here been watching Educating Essex and if so, what's your opinion on it?

Some newspapers (most notably the Daily Mail, obviously..:rolleyes:) have been strongly criticising it but I really do think it shows some truly successful people who have found a managing style which works for them. Anyone else given it some thought? :)

DPS
18-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I dont like it lol

Slowpoke
18-10-2011, 01:41 PM
"What-is-pi?! Where did it come from?!" is like the quote of the century :D

Rozi
18-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I think it's really good as a program but also as a realistic view of what a secondary school is like

Describe
18-10-2011, 02:06 PM
I reckon it's brilliant. I love their managing style and the way they run their school, it just makes me want to go back and do everything all over again.

peteyt
18-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I only saw a bit as my mam was watching ha. But the teachers seemed to actually care. I think they where trying to get the best out from everyone and thats a good thing.

My problem however is that when people do misbehave, and I mean in a big way, it often effects others. The one I saw someone apparently didn't turn up to one exam and at one point was allowed to not go to school bar one lesson. He ended up getting good grades though, and I kind of thought, I bet others have been given bad grades due to the time spent on him and also the disruption he probably caused. I remember a head teacher at my old school who believed everyone deserved an education so most of the time no one was actually expelled even if they had been bad. The school went into special measures and the new special head who came sorted it out quickly. He was fine with you also, he respected you, but he changed his colours if you didn't respect him.

geo
18-10-2011, 04:23 PM
I didn't watch much of it, but I have to say I like it! It's realistic and can be funny. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!