PDA

View Full Version : Trademark Habbo

Yonder
19-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey has anyone had any problems registering domains, hosting with the word Habbo in it? I was signing up to a VPS with hostgator and they called me and told me because Habbo is trademarked they cannot setup the vps with that domain, i had to use a different domain to get my VPS setup.

Strange i have never ever ran into a problem with domains or hosting with Habbo in the name. Wondering if anyone else has ran into this?

GoldenMerc
19-10-2011, 02:55 PM
I have previously with hostgator.

Yonder
19-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Ye they called me then they called me back again and asked me to fill in a form which costs $5 but they will waive it, what a pain. Now i feel like jumping ship already and i haven't even really started with them. I had shared with them no problem strange!

Jin
19-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Sounds like their own policy. I know that Habbo C&D's often state something about trademarks and IP of the content on the site and with hostgator being quite a popular web hosting company I wonder if they have received so many of them that they have decided to nip the issue in the bud.

Yonder
19-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Ye i guess its all set up now and i just changed it myself so should be fine, FYI Jin it was shared hosting blocking the ports with that script i was playing with. After upgrading to VPS and unblocking the ports myself its all good.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!