PDA

View Full Version : HxHD!

Lamz
20-10-2011, 09:39 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3865423/Habbox %26 Habbo/hxhxsig.png

HxHD Halloween Layout

Hey everyone! The Habbox Helpdesk has a brand new layout this evening. This is our Halloween layout and will be in the desk for just under two weeks (so don't worry too much if you hate it!) Quite a few people asked for banzai to return! Don't worry about the 'queue' area to the right, that's for some special HxHD events coming soon. ;)

http://www.habboxforum.com/images/statusicon/wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1420x677.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3865423/Habbox%20%26%20Habbo/hxhd%20layout.png

-----------------------

I like it, but i couldn't help but notice the 1 grass patch missing in the staff area. I love how banzai is back :D I loved playing banzai in the help desk. A few other things are:

hide the moodlight

hide the wired

Martin
20-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback! I did replace that grass patch before the room opened, however it is not present in the screenies xD

I will try hide the things now!

Lamz
20-10-2011, 09:46 PM
oh and a idea that came to mind is could you hide the teleport under a pumpkin? if you can that'd be good but apart from that I really like it. Good Job Martinio :D

Jordan
20-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Love the layout just I think it's a little gappy!

MKR&*42
20-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Love the layout and the design, nicely themed :)

It seems a little..empty to me though xL Maybe some of those, I don't even know the name.. Voodoo trees? or whatever, could be placed in there.

Apart from that, very nice!

Vernier
20-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Looks good! :D

David.

:odey:
20-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I think it's shocking...
As much as I wanted a Halloween layout, I'd gladly have the old one back right now..
I know it's costly to achieve what I would class as a 'halloween layout' and, seeing as it's for less than two weeks, I guess it's not a problem...

But, the banzai area for me.. It's just like, seriously... It would be a million times better with out that in my opinion, it just looks far too random and thrown together, not gonna lie,

Nice to finally have one though ;) :P <3

scottish
20-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm not the only one who thinks its absolutely hidious :p

Martin
20-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I think it's shocking...
As much as I wanted a Halloween layout, I'd gladly have the old one back right now..
I know it's costly to achieve what I would class as a 'halloween layout' and, seeing as it's for less than two months, I guess it's not a problem...

But, the banzai area for me.. It's just like, seriously... It would be a million times better with out that in my opinion, it just looks far too random and thrown together, not gonna lie,

Nice to finally have one though ;) :P <3

wahay thanks! :D I try ma best

scottish
20-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Jus' saying and I know for a fact it's not only me that thinks that

your best just isn't good enough!!!!!!!!!

sammy
20-10-2011, 10:22 PM
I think it does kind of look like a load of random Halloween furni put all around the edges of the room, and I'd agree with Tom that the banzai area looks totally out of place there, but it's an alright layout imo just for us to use over Halloween. What is with that tele though? All that's through there is some yuccas? :P

scottish
20-10-2011, 10:30 PM
It was the old hxhd thats through there I'm guessing as he made it a group room and had to redo it, so i dropped yukkas for some reason.

Should make it a small room and get rid of the random bb section, or get rid of bb section and replace with halloween furni

Shockwave.2CC
20-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I like it, it's just the helpdesk that I don't like. It's to small

Narnat,
20-10-2011, 11:11 PM
It's not my cup of tea but hey it does the job I guess.

Red
20-10-2011, 11:39 PM
its ugly. I miss the old one already :(

HotelUser
21-10-2011, 01:05 AM
It fits the season well in my opinion, very Halloween themed :)

scottish
21-10-2011, 01:32 AM
It fits the season well in my opinion, very Halloween themed :)

Whats BB and bright green and purple doors to do with Halloween? :p

xdinosaurdaniel
21-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Love it for the most part besides the random banzai :p
I dont hate banzai but i just dont think it fits with the theme at all

Samantha
21-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't think throne sofas fit in with Halloween? What happened to good old fashioned Gothic benches, stools and thrones.

DPS
21-10-2011, 08:29 AM
get rid of the laggy crappy banzai

Lamz
21-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't think throne sofas fit in with Halloween? What happened to good old fashioned Gothic benches, stools and thrones.

didn't even notice! :P

That's a good thing to pick up on martin... maybe have red gothic sofa's

GirlNextDoor15
21-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Looks quite empty to me but not bad at all. You can try adding in more furniture.

Martin
21-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Since it's only for two weeks it will be staying the way it is until then. I spent my last credit on a spider and the Habbox budget simply does not allow for new seating etc to be purchased for such a temporary layout so I recycled the throne sofas from the lottery room.

Andii
21-10-2011, 10:03 AM

same. . . hate the fact that there is bb in it again -.- . . . really hated that last time as you were only aloud in it at certain times. . .also it looks a bit empty. .

put a few clouds in it and ghosts in a box and more graves instead of the bb area. . . also add a few gravestones :) and swamp patches

o and instead of the throne sofas use some old skool gothic chairs :)

Martin
21-10-2011, 01:38 PM
thanks everyone just remember only two weeks left then hxhd will be better than ever before. I just suck at making rooms and didn't really want to waste credits on too much stuff.

scottish
21-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Steal furni from Jin

geo
21-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I think it's awful compared to last years halloween room. If you want visitors to stay then maybe a better room would be a good idea lol.

This one just looks like a try hard fail (omg i feel so mean). It looks like you've tried to make a Halloween room, but couldn't really be bothered and just placed any old halloween crap in the room.

Don't you have last years furni? Also I think it's way better in a smaller room, and erm the banzai is crap lolol

tylermunjkt
21-10-2011, 02:44 PM
stickies are blank, banzai dont look right...

---------- Post added 21-10-2011 at 03:49 PM ----------

lol martin's removing it now.

scottish
21-10-2011, 02:52 PM
It's being changed now ;)

tylermunjkt
21-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Martin, there is no need to go back to old HxHD layout. Are we, or are we not against other fansites for fansite of the year? This is a big event, and you are scraping it? There's no need for it. So really, I think we keep it. We will probs lose this now, because one major event has been lost in the HxHD

scottish
21-10-2011, 03:11 PM
lol@fansite of the year.

Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts!

Gina
21-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I dont really like it
I mean I look at that and its just eugh to me? The swamp patches don't really fit in well and then its just weird
You compare this to loads of previous designs and its just so much of a let down,
I expected so much more especially from last year being really good

xxMATTGxx
21-10-2011, 08:45 PM
The room layout has changed since this thread was created. People will always either like or dislike any of the layouts the Help Desk has and it's something that has been happening for quite sometime now. How it looks at the moment is great and will do the job of being Halloweenish, you can have your own opinion on what you think of it but it doesn't mean we will change it every time someone says a bad comment on how it looks. You are just going to have to put up with the layout if you still hate it that much for the next two weeks.

Jordan
21-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I dont really like it
I mean I look at that and its just eugh to me? The swamp patches don't really fit in well and then its just weird
You compare this to loads of previous designs and its just so much of a let down,
I expected so much more especially from last year being really good

Last years was quite nice imo

http://i51.tinypic.com/2cxyv5x.png

i think some thicker grass could be used, mist and swamp!! But im sure they have looked at our opinions and as matt said they have adapted it. Last years it hard to compete with as it's in a small room which make's it look better!

Red
21-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I really like the new layout since its been revamped :) Prefer short grass to long grass.

Gina
21-10-2011, 10:51 PM
I really like the new layout since its been revamped :) Prefer short grass to long grass.
are you look at the one jord posted which's last year or the one at the start of the thread? :L

Red
21-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I meant I liked the new halloween one (not the one with the banzai) and I prefer this years to last. Don't like long grass patches.

Martin
22-10-2011, 05:15 AM
I meant I liked the new halloween one (not the one with the banzai) and I prefer this years to last. Don't like long grass patches.

Aww thanks :D Yeah I'm not a big fan of the long grass either. xD It just looks too chunky to me idk why. xD

I did actually make a version in a small room last night but after discussing it with Dan we decided it would be best for it to be in a large room. Especially in a period like halloween where there will be events/quizzes held in the desk next week to boost its popularity I think having that 50 people room limit is beneficial to have. At the moment only half of the room is in use so you can't really tell that much.

As Matt said, unfortunately we cannot please everyone, however given the resources I had I did my best to make it a bit halloweeny for the next week and a bit. I can assure you that the next HxHD layout will be a million times better with loads of thrones and petals and good rares and stuff. Thanks for the feedback

wiktoria
22-10-2011, 11:15 AM
It's okay but I think it's a bit plain and there's just furni in random places. You should ask Roxy to help if you're going to re-design she's brilliant at designing rooms :)

Martin
22-10-2011, 04:00 PM
It's okay but I think it's a bit plain and there's just furni in random places. You should ask Roxy to help if you're going to re-design she's brilliant at designing rooms :)

nah we're keeping with this now xD It's only just over a week till halloween anyway then something myserious will be happening with the room anyway so things will get much better ;)

Chippiewill
22-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Considering this layout was done "on the cheap" I think it's actually really good.

Martin
22-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Considering this layout was done "on the cheap" I think it's actually really good.

:O:O Thanks!

Yeah its a tesco value layout irl, all about cost cutting at the moment unfortunately, both in the real world and at habbox :( (although that seems set to change a bit soon ;))

lTraditional
25-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Looks fantastic in my opinion apart from how Battle Banzai was randomly thrown in but apart from that, good work!

xxMATTGxx
25-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Looks fantastic in my opinion apart from how Battle Banzai was randomly thrown in but apart from that, good work!

It has changed since and the Battle Banzai was removed when the 2nd version of the layout was open to the public :P

lTraditional
25-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Then it looks great while I have just seen it. Great work! I only remembered the other version.

scottish
25-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't know why lodge bars were thrown in when other bars were that country stuff tbh

Should of continued using country stuff

Palosm
25-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I rather like the updated layout. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!