PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Launch Trailer

Stephen!
21-10-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7GVSx7yMaA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

dbgtz
21-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I think the trailer was pretty **** in itself, but the stuff in the trailer looked freaking epic.

j0rd
21-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Trailer looks amazing, watched it in college earlier. Really cannot wait until next Friday now, roll on!

Yupt
23-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Looks good, however, is it just me or does it have aspects of COD in there? Jumping through windows from above, watching scenes etc. Not slating it! Just it reminds me of COD.

dbgtz
23-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Looks good, however, is it just me or does it have aspects of COD in there? Jumping through windows from above, watching scenes etc. Not slating it! Just it reminds me of COD.

Yeah I mean SGT Foley is in it... However being serious, most of the stuff you're thinking of is military aspects, not COD aspects and a lot of games have probably done things like it before.

Accipiter
23-10-2011, 04:59 PM
YOU JUST CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THE BATTLEFIELD THEME TUNE

THAT SONG JUST MAKES ME MMMMMMMMMMM IRL

I defo think i'm returning to be a BF Fan, cod's getting the middle finger from me this year

Yupt
23-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah I mean SGT Foley is in it... However being serious, most of the stuff you're thinking of is military aspects, not COD aspects and a lot of games have probably done things like it before.\

COD being about as realistic as a dragon eating monkey. Battlefield normally provides more realistic play (obviously not completely realistic otherwise we'd be sentry for half the game). Soldiers jumping down the side of a building, bursting in through the window and kicking the enemy in the face in doing so is about as common as a blue moon. I do seem to remember a very similar thing happening in COD last time round. Jumping after a package out of a plane/heli, car chases in major cities, becoming fugitive. It's all very Call of Duty compared to Battlefields normal scene.

dbgtz
24-10-2011, 10:50 AM
\

COD being about as realistic as a dragon eating monkey. Battlefield normally provides more realistic play (obviously not completely realistic otherwise we'd be sentry for half the game). Soldiers jumping down the side of a building, bursting in through the window and kicking the enemy in the face in doing so is about as common as a blue moon. I do seem to remember a very similar thing happening in COD last time round. Jumping after a package out of a plane/heli, car chases in major cities, becoming fugitive. It's all very Call of Duty compared to Battlefields normal scene.

In this trailer, they were going down a lift shaft which was most likely out of order, whereas in Black ops they swung back and crashed through a window and knock some guy over. The difference is that in BF3 it is most likely the only safe way in, whereas in black ops you killed the guys then walked out a door which had no enemies on the other side making you go through the window very pointless. I'd agree with you to a certain extent, it is probably more actiony to compete with COD but I think it will have a tighter story so that everything you do makes sense.

Anyway this trailer gets better everytime I watch it. Preorders will probably be dispatched in the next day or two, hopefully a day early as per usual.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!