PDA

View Full Version : GF Bots?

Kyle
21-10-2011, 06:24 PM
MMG posted an article today backing up claims made by VP Daniel Clough earlier in the month on their ongoing battle against bots and a date has been set for the annihilation of '98% of the bots seen in game'. Tuesday 25th October.

They're so certain that "Project Clusterflutter" will be triumphant that they're prepared to give us legit players some pretty decent bonuses next week:

Tuesday:
Slayer skill day: All Slayer XP earned from killing assigned targets will be tripled. Some monsters will have a faster respawn time.
Wednesday:
Castle Wars day: Tickets earned from winning a game will be triple the usual amount.
Thursday:
Distraction and Diversion day: Bonus rewards will be given for the following distractions:

Penguin Hide & Seek: Double points.
Evil Tree: Triple XP.
Shooting Star: Triple XP while mining it and increased final rewards.
Familiarization: Players will receive the lucky charm AND ingredient box instead of having to choose.
Penguin Hide & Seek and Familiarization will be reset on the day, so you can do them again if you have already done them that week. All other D&D limitations remain the same (e.g. only two Evil Trees a day).
Friday:
Soul Wars day: Players will receive triple the usual amount of zeal points.

Article (http://services.runescape.com/m=news/bot-busting-and-bonuses-for-all)

What do you guys think? Will it be a storming success or just another major flop like the frost dragon update last week? Can't wait for the bonuses!

DPS
21-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Runescape said reflection bots are *REMOVED* blah blah!

But a bot that i heard alot use, is injection so lol

LOL at this tho.

http://i53.tinypic.com/qprxqf.jpg

Edited by Oleh (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter, thanks.

Kyle
21-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Runescape said reflection bots are *REMOVED* blah blah!

But a bot that i heard alot use, is injection so lol

LOL at this tho.

http://i53.tinypic.com/qprxqf.jpg
yeah it does only mention reflection but I'm fairly confident that it'll still make a huge impact.
love chrisso he is such a legend

DPS
21-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm reading threads on ******* atm, and they seem to think this is going to help them make more. as reflection bots are used much more. so GG to them botting companys.

Inseriousity.
21-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't even care if it doesn't work cos DOUBLE PENG POINTS WOOOOOOO

Aidenn
22-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I don't even care if it doesn't work cos DOUBLE PENG POINTS WOOOOOOO

Possible to get x3 if you do it correctly ;p

Spy on Wednesday when reset

Re-spy on thursday for double points = x3 ;p

DPS
22-10-2011, 09:15 AM
use lot are lucky, for the next month ive got to do charity work ;/ so my game time will go down the pan.

Inseriousity.
22-10-2011, 09:18 AM

yeah I noticed that, even better :D

Alex3213
22-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Hehe indeed, I'm looking forward to this :D

DPS
22-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Bots are already planning there next step lol

Thomas
22-10-2011, 11:54 AM
reflection will take down a good chunk of the bots however there are a few bots that use something else that i think will survive this. Doesn't bother me anyway, haven't botted in ages and never will.

DPS
22-10-2011, 12:03 PM
haven't botted in ages and never will.

LOL .... so you admit you have.

Thomas
22-10-2011, 12:11 PM
LOL .... so you admit you have.
old news

IceNineKills
22-10-2011, 01:38 PM
They could of let me get 99 runecrafting first!

Oleh
22-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Now we can truly find out what the true user base is.

DPS
22-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Ah well i got 99 cooking today.

Thomas
22-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Ah well i got 99 cooking today.
Are you implying you botted it?

DPS
22-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Nope id never do that ;]

Kyle
22-10-2011, 04:51 PM
tom injection bots are getting merked too

DPS
22-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah kyle.

The reason they say 98% will be stopped is because 98% uses these methods ex. ********, *******, NeXus.
Only 2% uses other methods such as 3D modelling and analogies.

3D modelling and Analogies will be the future of botting.

Oleh
22-10-2011, 08:19 PM
They say 98% because 98% of f2p bot.

JoeyK.
24-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Very interesting opportunity for profit here. People are either going to lose a ton or make quite a lot... I hope I made the right decisions ;)

Thomas
24-10-2011, 08:36 AM
tom injection bots are getting merked too
good, its a pain in the ass, all those wildy looters! What is this 3D modelling?

Oleh
24-10-2011, 01:03 PM
good, its a pain in the ass, all those wildy looters! What is this 3D modelling?

I'm assuming that's the PAYGO bots?

Thomas
24-10-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm assuming that's the $50 for so many hour bots?
what??

DPS
24-10-2011, 01:09 PM
"3D modelling" alot of unknown bots are useing this, and they doubt it would get patched.

But ive been looking around and RSB reckon within the update happening 30 mins later RSB will be back up and running. The owners say 2 leading bot companys will be back up and running, but many will not.

Thomas
24-10-2011, 02:21 PM
"3D modelling" alot of unknown bots are useing this, and they doubt it would get patched.

But ive been looking around and RSB reckon within the update happening 30 mins later RSB will be back up and running. The owners say 2 leading bot companys will be back up and running, but many will not.
i agree tbh, ******* and ***** will be fine imo however pb will be gone (good) along with ******* etc

DPS
25-10-2011, 11:18 AM
i agree tbh, ******* and ***** will be fine imo however pb will be gone (good) along with ******* etc

http://cache.gyazo.com/d8056b2861f494728645b3c3b0724e7b.png

Thomas
25-10-2011, 12:28 PM
http://cache.gyazo.com/d8056b2861f494728645b3c3b0724e7b.png
Gotta give it to Arbiter and Jacmob, very smart people!

Kyle
25-10-2011, 12:46 PM
bot nuke is "imminent"

Oleh
25-10-2011, 01:30 PM
BRACE YOUR SELVES!!

DPS
25-10-2011, 01:43 PM
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/623/screenhunter08oct250639.gif

goodfight jagex, everyone is dead :(

Kyle
25-10-2011, 01:53 PM
ugh it's like the release of loyalty points all over again

wish they would find a way to spot whether people have botted in the past and ban all those bell ends too

Kyle
25-10-2011, 02:43 PM
let the slaying begin :D

DPS
25-10-2011, 03:01 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2mzno4.png

LOL

Kyle
25-10-2011, 03:06 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ly321v.png

spawning in under a second. should get 1, maybe 2 slayer levels today!

DPS
25-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Nice kyle, but as you know i cant log in.... my rs only works in that client.. LOL

DPS
25-10-2011, 04:43 PM
This week's update has brought some interesting internal changes to RuneScape. The game now requires a newer version of Java (which almost all of you will have already installed) and has therefore been able to shed some old code to make room for technical and graphical improvements!

Jagex has also mentioned to a few people that this update includes new 'anti-botting' technology. As a result over 10,000 of our users have come to our forums all at once to check on the progress in updating Buddy! It is true that this update will require some bigger changes than usual in order for bots to be back up and running smoothly. I am going to conduct a more thorough review of the update and I'll be updating you on my progress by updating this thread.

Please check back in a few minutes for an estimated update time once my update review is complete.

Update: Today's update leaves a reasonable amount of work required to update the bot, but this will be easily manageable. I also plan to develop new software that will make further updates of this kind easier to manage.

Unfortunately I can't tell you any exact details or provide a release time at the moment. While I believe I can update this specific client within a few hours I would like to prepare more advanced time-saving methods for future updates and as such you will need to check back again in a few hours for more specific deadlines. Thanks for your patience.

A Note On Gold Farming

I would like to point out that my intentions for Buddy do not include supporting gold farming companies with mass botting software. If we have reason to believe that the overuse of Buddy for gold farming is having a serious impact on gameplay then I may take technical measures to prevent the use of Buddy in this way. We are happy for you to use Buddy to progress your accounts, but we do not expect you to register large numbers of 'throw away' accounts with which to fill the game.

Jacmob posted that, ive removed the bots name

JoeyK.
25-10-2011, 05:03 PM
So much for bot nuking then. Ah well, made a ton of profit anyway :)

.Tom.
25-10-2011, 06:10 PM
So much for bot nuking then. Ah well, made a ton of profit anyway :)

What did you make your prof on / invest in :)?

JoeyK.
25-10-2011, 06:11 PM
I bought a bunch of santas last night, resold today for 30m+ each profit :P

Kyle
25-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Idk how but I managed to sell my whip I bought for 300k for 900k earlier :D Looks like resources and items alike are slowly beginning to rise again. As for people saying they "survived the nuke", the aim wasn't to ban all bots but rather to hinder them. Seems to have worked so far but of course bot developers are really clever and I have no doubt that they will have the bot(s) back up within the next week or so.

bloody bots

JoeyK.
25-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Resources / equipment will most likely crash in the next couple days because of hoarders who have stocked up pre-update. They're all looking for short-term profit, and will start to dump at the same time. Today, armor / general slayer equipment is up a lot (look at the price of bandos), but should go back down a bit after the 3x slayer xp is over with.

Rares crashed in the last few days, but picked up again since none of the botting accounts were banned (the updates simply allow easier reporting methods, and disabled current reflection bots).

My personal advice would be to hold off on buying supplies until hoarders dump, then stock up on skiller items, as they will rise a fair amount and then stabilize.

DPS
26-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Resources / equipment will most likely crash in the next couple days because of hoarders who have stocked up pre-update. They're all looking for short-term profit, and will start to dump at the same time. Today, armor / general slayer equipment is up a lot (look at the price of bandos), but should go back down a bit after the 3x slayer xp is over with.

Rares crashed in the last few days, but picked up again since none of the botting accounts were banned (the updates simply allow easier reporting methods, and disabled current reflection bots).

My personal advice would be to hold off on buying supplies until hoarders dump, then stock up on skiller items, as they will rise a fair amount and then stabilize.

They also changed some of the graphics so that other bots cant be used.

JoeyK.
27-10-2011, 06:06 AM
They also changed some of the graphics so that other bots cant be used.

Exactly; they made a temporary fix for reflection bots. I wonder how long it will take for them to update their clients with the new graphics. Hate to say it, but apparently there's one client that is completely immune to this update. They're in disguise, if that says anything.

DPS
27-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Exactly; they made a temporary fix for reflection bots. I wonder how long it will take for them to update their clients with the new graphics. Hate to say it, but apparently there's one client that is completely immune to this update. They're in disguise, if that says anything.

Link me or pm the name?

CurtM
11-11-2011, 02:08 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Oleh (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointlessly post, thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!